Used car sanity check | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used car sanity check

And you know, for reference... I was given the choice of accepting the clutch replacement, with the knowledge that it was going to delay me getting the car back, and I consented to that. So with that said, I haven't laid eyes on the car since June 1st

NOT an update. I Do Cars just posted an LTG teardown and the motor is a bit simpler than I thought

Update:

Clutch has been replaced, they said it's been driving great, but they wanted to additionally replace an O2 sensor and repair an unspecified A/C issue. I consented to that two weeks ago, I had the option of picking it up and bringing up back for when they could schedule service but it's a pain for me pick it up / drop it off so I chose to leave it with them. After calling for an update today, they were unusually certain that it would be ready to pick up on Friday. So... we'll see!

Is the role of this car that of a daily driver or a toy? Surely, it must be the latter. Hasn't this been going on for months? You're a far more patient person than I.

Good luck.

It is supposed to be a daily driver. I can bum vehicles without issue.

I kinda have to be patient. As frustrating as this is, as long as they keep appearing to work on it in good faith, what can I do? I feel like complaining will just get them to go hands off, and then I'll have to go through OMVIC. Or a lawyer, and I feel that is very unlikely to result in a net victory for me. I would have loved to have my money back two months ago, if that were on the table.

I did finally get it back for real yesterday. I was scheduled to pick it up @ 1:00PM, ended up departing 7:15PM ish... but it does run and drive MUCH better, enough that I don't feel sick about it anymore. It is NOT perfect but I didn't buy a perfect car.

I will make another post soon accounting for those extra six hours, as soon as I can budget the mental energy.

Back
Top Bottom