Those politicians…. | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Those politicians….

Are these commercial loans with interest or do the citizens loan these entitled morons money at zero percent?
The party runs as a corporation is my understanding, and borrows at prime +

Funny you say that. I'm seeing in the news today that the NDP is $21M in debt and cannot even keep staff to manage their volunteers.
Federal NDP has about $700K in debt, down from $21M on 2020. They have less cash than the Communist Party of Canada, but better fundraising.

Federal NDP has about $700K in debt, down from $21M on 2020. They have less cash than the Communist Party of Canada, but better fundraising.

How did they have $558K in interest and bank charges on a loan that started the year at 3.6M and dropped to 700K? That is in the ballpark of 20% interest and possibly much higher.

$14M accounts receivable in 2022 is also strange (although they seem to have come through and been paid). I suspect that is money we paid to support this stupidity as CPC also had a large accounts receivable in 2022 but broke it out as "election rebate receivable". How many dollars per vote do we give these idiots?

OK I went back and got the news again. From the NDP's last fiscal report they had $250K in the bank liquid, and still remain $22M in debt that they have leveraged assets against (rather than paid, as they claimed). Now, since this was reported earlier today, the NDP is claiming that this Isn't True <tm> and so investigative reporters are queued up to go deep into this, since all the sheets report that they take in less than they pay out. The Green party is actually liquid, apparently.

If it turns out that the NDP has reported falsely and is still playing fiscal baseball, I expect this to hurt them badly.

OK I went back and got the news again. From the NDP's last fiscal report they had $250K in the bank liquid, and still remain $22M in debt that they have leveraged assets against (rather than paid, as they claimed). Now, since this was reported earlier today, the NDP is claiming that this Isn't True <tm> and so investigative reporters are queued up to go deep into this, since all the sheets report that they take in less than they pay out. The Green party is actually liquid, apparently.

If it turns out that the NDP has reported falsely and is still playing fiscal baseball, I expect this to hurt them badly.
The math makes more sense if they have played games with their loans. I would say that I would be surprised if an auditor played along but I'm sadly not. So many "professional" firms that will sign anything for a fat cheque.

The math makes more sense if they have played games with their loans. I would say that I would be surprised if an auditor played along but I'm sadly not. So many "professional" firms that will sign anything for a fat cheque.
Looking at their costs & donations I can't see how they could POSSIBLY have paid off a $21M loan. I know we're looking at unaudited 2023 data here, and wondering how much of the story we're seeing. But you'd think there would be a very clear line talking about long-term obligations unless they're making some deal with the bank/s to leverage their assets (buildings, etc.) that gives them quasi-legality for reporting a lower amount of debt. The kind of move that accountants make to hide the truth when hawking an embattled business on the market.

Is it possible the Liberals paid off their loan and the general public wasn't aware? Google isn't confirming for me but I'm out of time for tonight.

Looking at their costs & donations I can't see how they could POSSIBLY have paid off a $21M loan. I know we're looking at unaudited 2023 data here, and wondering how much of the story we're seeing. But you'd think there would be a very clear line talking about long-term obligations unless they're making some deal with the bank/s to leverage their assets (buildings, etc.) that gives them quasi-legality for reporting a lower amount of debt. The kind of move that accountants make to hide the truth when hawking an embattled business on the market.

Is it possible the Liberals paid off their loan and the general public wasn't aware? Google isn't confirming for me but I'm out of time for tonight.
I think there was a payment from us to parties in 2022. Cons had a big payment too. Probably related to "reimbursement" for 2021 election.

How did they have $558K in interest and bank charges on a loan that started the year at 3.6M and dropped to 700K? That is in the ballpark of 20% interest and possibly much higher
Probably had terms that let them defer interest until their guaranteed entitlements came through. Let’s them preserve cash.
$14M accounts receivable in 2022 is also strange (although they seem to have come through and been paid). I suspect that is money we paid to support this stupidity as CPC also had a large accounts receivable in 2022 but broke it out as "election rebate receivable". How many dollars per vote do we give these idiots?
Entitlement. Political Party Financing in Canada Has the funding formula.

There is no 'around' the airport. The ends of runways are just as dangerous as the middle, and they've pushed them out absolutely as far as they can currently go. They're currently lobbying to push their clearance markers further into the bay for 'safety', though once shifted, then they can justify extending the runway ('just the tip') and allowing larger planes. And you'd have people walking immediately adjacent to taxiways on either side. You'd then have to reclaim land AND build a crashproof bunker for people to pass through that would also not impede aircraft operations. Not feasible. And putting a tunnel around the airport either buried or on reclaimed land would a) be extremely unpleasant to traverse, and b) make $100M look like pocket change. Not to mention it would be over 2.5 km on the west side and almost 1.5 km on the east just to get anywhere that could have a washroom or other services. Not to mention that there's very little free space outside and around the airport terminal area to accommodate any significant flow of people. Not to mention the airport would fight it tooth and nail as yet another threat to its existence, and Ports Toronto would also fight like hell as the airport is the only reason for their continued existence. In other words, as long as the airport continues to operate, it's an absolute non-starter.

As for government ability to purchase electric ferries, there are many public ones operating across Europe. A quick Google suggests Norway alone has over 80, and they have similarly cheap hydro and cold climates. BC Ferries is operating hybrid ferries on much longer routes, and they've broadly been a success, I think (unlike fast ferries). The only negative info that comes up about them is that they have had to cut expansion plans back because their funding has been cut. I would argue that the ability for a contractor to milk extras is infinitely greater for any of the bridge or tunnel alternatives, as building around water is insanely difficult and unpredictable.
One of the potential options for YTO includes a road around the end of the buffer to connect pedestrian tunnel and hanlans beach. Cost of 160-170M for that road and they say it won't be public access. First of all, that price is carzy, secondly, like ^*&%^*&^ that won't be public access. If they are paying that much, the plan is charge people to use the tunnel and access the islands. LGBTQ2+ are concerned about their safe space being ruined by easy public access.

@GreyGhost is gonna love this one.

How many people in Quebec don't speak English? The whole pompous french requirement is ridiculous, should politicians be required to speak the plethora of native languages, or mandarin, Hindu, Arabic etc etc etc. Google and apple can live translate now.

How many people in Quebec don't speak English? The whole pompous french requirement is ridiculous, should politicians be required to speak the plethora of native languages, or mandarin, Hindu, Arabic etc etc etc. Google and apple can live translate now.
Well we have 2 main languages, just part of Canada, and yeah if the general population doesn't speak both no biggie. But someone in very senior gov position, they should, or they shouldn't hold the position. Nothing pompous here.

Well we have 2 main languages, just part of Canada, and yeah if the general population doesn't speak both no biggie. But someone in very senior gov position, they should, or they shouldn't hold the position. Nothing pompous here.
The pompous part is two languages when one is spoken by a vast minority (and also a minority that want to split out their own country). Billions a year spent on stupidity. No push in French areas to allow English (in fact an active push to abolish english) yet uproar when signs in English areas aren't bilingual. The official language of Canada should be English. Like catholic schools, it may have made sense long ago but it has just become more expensive bureaucracy with minimal real benefit to anybody.

Last edited:
The pompous part is two languages when one is spoken by a vast minority (and also a minority that want to split out their own country). Billions a year spent on stupidity. No push in French areas to allow English (in fact an active push to abolish english) yet uproar when signs in English areas aren't bilingual. The official language of Canada should be English. Like catholic schools, it may have made sense long ago but it has just become more expensive bureaucracy with minimal real benefit to anybody.
So majority rules then? I believe we are better then that.

We can't be inclusive to have 2 languages? I understand it could be dealt with a whole lot better, but I see no reason why we can't keep doing it. The benefit is suppose to be unity in our differences, not to differentiate. I'm not bilingual in any sense, so it's not even personal for me.

As for the Catholic boards, I just had this convo last night with someone, there might not be a obvious benefit to you or what the majority sees, but from my experience these are good if not great people to be around. Polite well mannered, respectful, and generally decent people. Not like the animals at public school. I rather have more people like this, then less. And if they can be a positive influence on a nub like me, that seems fairly beneficial to our society. Also I'm not catholic or religious at all.

So majority rules then? I believe we are better then that.

We can't be inclusive to have 2 languages? I understand it could be dealt with a whole lot better, but I see no reason why we can't keep doing it. The benefit is suppose to be unity in our differences, not to differentiate. I'm not bilingual in any sense, so it's not even personal for me.

As for the Catholic boards, I just had this convo last night with someone, there might not be a obvious benefit to you or what the majority sees, but from my experience these are good if not great people to be around. Polite well mannered, respectful, and generally decent people. Not like the animals at public school. I rather have more people like this, then less. And if they can be a positive influence on a nub like me, that seems fairly beneficial to our society. Also I'm not catholic or religious at all.
We are paying for six school boards, six sets of schools (land, facility, teachers), six sets of administration in many districts in canada (primary, primary catholic, primary french, secondary, secondary catholic, secondary french). There are also french catholic schools but I don't know who governs them. I have no problem with the teachings. I think religion should be taught in all schools (not taught as in "this is god's will" but taught as in "Here are various religions that are popular in the world. Lets look at what is similar and what differences there are"). Arguing that more division results in more inclusiveness is a rapid spiral down the toilet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom