The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 379 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

2002 BMW F655CS. $700

“Have all service records. Clean, maintenance free belt drive. Extra parts. Stored in a garage. Best offer”

BMW F650 CS motorcycle in Sport Touring in Barrie

FWIW, I think at 60,000 the manual calls for belt replacement. Go see what that new belt from BMW will run you. I think it's close to $500. My friend has the same bike and rode it from Toronto to Vancouver with all of her stuff when she moved. Her belt snapped at around 80k and she was pretty heart broken when she got the repair quote. Sold it and bought a Versys.

Yikes. I wonder if you could use parts of the sibling bikes and convert to a chain.
If you owned this bike, and loved it... wanted to keep it forever; anything's possible...

Would you want to? Or would you just unload it for $700 on kijiji, and let some poor sucker have this turd.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I know the siblings had chains. I don't know how easy the swap is (for instance if the transmission output or wheel hub was different for belt vs chain drive)
Seems alot of the posts I found in my quick search was people converting from chain to belt

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Gov deals auction atlas motorcycle lift model RXLDTM 1000 Lb currently at $435. Well used looking.
Plus tax plus buyers premium plus pickup in St Thomas. About $2250 new. More than three days left on auction. It may climb into stupidly overpriced territory but it's an auction so I guess it may climb to the fair price?

EDIT:
Plus $10 OMVIC fee? Wtf is that. That is a bs fee for a lift.

if that $700 deal was available here I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Better seating position than my CB300F and a more power tho I like the cheap fill ups on the 300.
Belt prices are overstated in the thread
CS F650CS Drive Belt 7682887 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for
USD 231.39
80,000 km from a belt ....and could not afford a new one...think some dealer took advantage.
There are few for sale in Aus for $4-5k.
This one for $3k all in.
Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at Feb, 24    2024    9.05.55 AM.jpg

Last edited:
if that $700 deal was available here I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Better seating position than my CB300F and a more power tho I like the cheap fill ups on the 300.
Belt prices are overstated in the thread

80,000 km from a belt ....and could not afford a new one...think some dealer took advantage.
There are few for sale in Aus for $4-5k.
This one for $3k all in.
View attachment 66214
My God it looks worse somehow from that angle.

Sent from the future

Enjoy it for a year then decide if you want a 1390 KTM

Sent from the future
I can tell you know that bike is too big for me. Hell you saw me struggle with yours!

A smaller version…would be fun. Not gonna bother with a new thread but I have a good idea of my next bike.

Back
Top Bottom