Street Riding Lean Angles (according to iPhone) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Street Riding Lean Angles (according to iPhone)

+1

Lean angle is just one metric that is not that useful without any other information.

I can achieve 40 degrees of lean while making tight U-turns at 15 km/h by counter-balancing the bike.

DSC_0480-L.jpg

F9 has a vid on youtube about exactly this topic.
Next time I’ll try to ride like this (countersteering) Lawrence ramp to achieve 40 percent - will report back (if i am still alive :))

F9 has a vid on youtube about exactly this topic.
Next time I’ll try to ride like this (countersteering) Lawrence ramp to achieve 40 percent - will report back (if i am still alive :))
Speed is pretty high on a ramp to steer like that. Ime, that technique is more applicable at closer to walking speed.

Reactions: Ash
@Lightcycle is cheating anyway. Those lean angles are only achievable when you have the counter-balancing milk crate.

In all seriousness though, the best place to push your personal lean angle limit is with Toni over at Home | Super Sonic Road Race School.
The second best place to do it is in a clean, dry, empty parking lot. The third best place to do it is on a track.

@Lightcycle is cheating anyway. Those lean angles are only achievable when you have the counter-balancing milk crate.

In all seriousness though, the best place to push your personal lean angle limit is with Toni over at Home | Super Sonic Road Race School.
The second best place to do it is in a clean, dry, empty parking lot. The third best place to do it is on a track.
Totally agree - my year so far: SuperSonic School = check, Racer5 = check, empty parking lot = check :)
Learning is aways fun!

Back
Top Bottom