SS bikes as daily commuters? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS bikes as daily commuters?

bengali548

How many of you use your super sport on a daily basis?

How's gas mileage?

Comfortability?

Traction and control in the rain?

Comfortability and performance in comparison to a sport tourer on a scale of 1-10?

worst gas mileage.

least comfortable.

traction is the same unless you're looking at ABS or TC models.

max performance, minimum comfort.

If you are asking these questions you are looking at an SS for all the wrong reasons, the only reason to buying an SS to commute is if you love the looks of them or want that peak performance there is zero comfort and parcticality to commuting on these things. That being said I commute on mine and love it.

^ agreed. I hate riding my gsxr in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic but what can do? I hate public transportation

I commute on my Triumph Daytona. About 20 kms each way and in Ottawa rush hour it takes about 30-40 mins depending on traffic. Gas mileage is better than my cage : P and while it's not the most comfortable it certainly isn't an issue.

^^^ What he (she?) said.

gas mileage sucks and commute takes longer than when I'm taking my mini van.
But then again, I take the loooong way home maybe that's why I fill up more often :)

Another question regarding commuting:
How comfortable would be to ride a street fighter (no windscreen) on highway, ~80km one way?
That means ~ 50min ride at 100-120km/hour with head shaking from wind :)

Another question regarding commuting:
How comfortable would be to ride a street fighter (no windscreen) on highway, ~80km one way?
That means ~ 50min ride at 100-120km/hour with head shaking from wind :)

that depends how big ur head is ;)

good thing is u'll get a nice work out on ur neck lol

Asking these questions sounds like you're not ready to handle a SS, But i could be wrong I don't know you're riding history.

Be safe out there.

I ride 1 - 1 1/2 hrs each way on my GSXR to work. I have so much road rage when i get there because of the Downtown Toronto traffic, but it allows me to ride on my lunch and its about the same price as the GO train.

I ride my donkey as a commuter for performance and gas mileage, and everything else is just as bad as everyone else said.

pros:

- fast
- cheap on gas compare to cars
- fast
- good back and leg workout

cons:

- everything bad others have said

If ur into the same taste and likes the look, then commute on a SS~

Last edited:
With gas prices going up or down or w/e since these morons are greedy as @#$!%

Keep Nina for a while.

Glad I downgraded to a 125! Gas mileage is awesome.

With gas prices going up or down or w/e since these morons are greedy as @#$!%

Keep Nina for a while.

Glad I downgraded to a 125! Gas mileage is awesome.

I dont plan on selling Nina (08 ninja 250) anytime soon this thread is me being bored at work :p

That being said I do like the looks of ss bikes and my commute to work is 50 km one way (about 30 mins) but Ill ride around on off days for 4-12 hours

Would swapping the handlebars or seats make a difference in comfortability? I don't care much about gas prices (pay to play attitude) as long as it's cheaper than cars.

I commuted with my Ninja for a while, but soon found out how tiring it was. I work downtown and I live in Richmond Hill. Stop and go traffic is a pain and when I arrive home, I'm dead tired. The Ninja is great for the rare times where traffic is open.

So I bought a scooter. A 125cc automatic scoot. Twist and go, it's lightweight, cheap on insurance, cheap on gas, cheap on maintenance. And can do a top speed of 115km/h so highway riding is fine (DVP rarely goes above 10 km/h anyway).

Yes you can get Heli bars for just about any SS bike. I have an SV1000S and the ergos are very similar to SS bikes, and I have heard that bar conversion kits make the bikes A LOT more comfortable for longer rides / commuting. I also have an aftermarket seat from Sargeant and compared to stock it is night and day. Pretty sure I'm adding the modified seat to any new bike I get. It only makes it more comfortable.

As long as the weather is decent, I ride to work as much as I can. Mind you it's only a 15 KM trip one way and there is hardly any traffic jams from Ajax - Scarborough at 8:30 am
I don't find it uncomfortable because of the short commute but I would hate to be stuck in rush hour traffic on an SS

But then again, I take the loooong way home maybe that's why I fill up more often :)

I know what you mean! (check the map)
Funny thing is, it takes about the same amount of time. :lmao:

Attachments

• map to work.jpg
    map to work.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 54
I haven't chimed in because I don't have an SS, but the best daily commuter is a scooter of some sort. I've seen a 450 cc scooter (Bergman Executive with all the bells and whistles) without a ticket parked on the sidewalk beside a 250 cc motorcycle with a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom