Recommendation for non power ranger boots! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendation for non power ranger boots!

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Since we have the glove thread I wouldn’t mind looking at boot options. Love my power range boots…but a total pain in the *** when it comes time to walk further than 10m from the bike.

Any recommendation? I’d like to stay away from laces for obvious reasons.

Safety is priority, but comfort is a close second when walking.

Thanks!

Where do you want to be on the safety/off bike comfort spectrum? Budget? BMW/Gaerne and many others have brown or black boots adventure boots that offer tons of protection without being as ridiculous looking as sport bike or motocross boots. For more touring oriented a lot of people love daytona (bmw makes some nice ones too).

Where do you want to be on the safety/off bike comfort spectrum? Budget? BMW/Gaerne and many others have brown or black boots adventure boots that offer tons of protection without being as ridiculous looking as sport bike or motocross boots. For more touring oriented a lot of people love daytona (bmw makes some nice ones too).
Good question. I guess I’d like to limit to $300 or so…if possible.

I’ve got some slip on safety boots but I don’t think those are appropriate.

I have two Pairs of Daytonas.

A pair of RoadStar GTX
Great boot, good protection. Walking around is easy and non-obtrusive.

A pair of Spirit GTX
A little lighter weight for the summer. Single zipper, so when they are brand new, they are a hassle to get on. Fit nicely now though.

I would not want to go hiking in either. Walk around for an hour, sure.
The problem that I would foresee, the soles are not really meant for walking around so you will wear them out prematurely.

Never wore them, but the Forma boots always seemed like a decent choice for on/off bike less racy boot

The odd time I have jumped on my bike with my work boots on because I was too lazy to change or where I was going I needed steel toes, I hated every minute.
Slip on is a no no for the bike. Slip on means slip off in a crash.
Safety boots are safe for manufacturing environments. They are not meant to survive a motorcycle crash.

Better than a sneaker for sure, but the stuff they are designed to mitigate are not the same.

What size? I would have to pull them out to check but they are Oxtars, probably 9 or 9.5. I wore them a few times and never will again. They are yours if you want them

Attachments

• IMG_20150614_202312-B2.jpg
    IMG_20150614_202312-B2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I've ridden for years with premium quality hiking boots without issue. I have BAD, worn out feet from years of work and wear orthotics of course.

I recently bought a pair of SIDI short adventure boots and they're GRREAT!!! Comfortable for riding, and not uncomfortable for walking in spite of excellent protection throughout. I already had a pair of SIDI off road boots and like them. They've been very durable as well.

I tried a pair from another Italian company but I couldn't even get my foot in them. They also looked well made but the sizing was VERY different. If you have boots from a particular manufacturer that fit well I'd start with their offerings and look at the lower rise models.

I wear a pair of Lowa Recce gtx for teaching. They have laces.
I own Forma Adventures and they're good, but flimsy in the ankle. Forma Terrain have no bend in the insole, so walking & shifting might be awkward. Forma Terra, I've never owned. Daytonas aren't bad for a little walking. The problem is that for good walking fit, laces give you better adjustment.

I bought these a few weeks ago when I needed something quick for the M2 course. So far I love them. Very comfortable on and off the bike. The lacing system works really well, just hope it lasts and doesn't break before the life of the rest of the boot is over. Overall they've been great.

934d6c2e-29b9-4dd9-a254-ee65569c28de_stormhawkwpbootblackfront3403-1149_1.jpg

Get the Daytona, Buy once and you will never need to buy another pair of boots again.

I have mine for 2-3 seasons and they are the best. All day comfort, on and off the bike.

Last edited:
As much as I shill for Held in the glove department, I'm the same for TCX when it comes to boots. I have a pair of track boots, waterproof faux safety boots for when I need to visit site but don't want to wear steel toes on the road, waterproof leather ankle boots with some laces but more for show (they zip up) and some breathable runner-style shoes that are so comfy I often wear them to work even if I'm not on the bike.

I find they fit my widish feet better than AStars and especially Dainese, they're very reasonably priced, and way, way cheaper than the more boutique brands. The only pair of the above that's uncomfortable off the bike are the race boots, for obvious (sometimes squeaky) reasons. All have lasted me years, which is more than I can say for the Gaerne, Dainese, AStars and other boots.

I have two Pairs of Daytonas.

A pair of RoadStar GTX
Great boot, good protection. Walking around is easy and non-obtrusive.

A pair of Spirit GTX
A little lighter weight for the summer. Single zipper, so when they are brand new, they are a hassle to get on. Fit nicely now though.

I would not want to go hiking in either. Walk around for an hour, sure.
The problem that I would foresee, the soles are not really meant for walking around so you will wear them out prematurely.

Never wore them, but the Forma boots always seemed like a decent choice for on/off bike less racy boot

For the street and mild off roading the Formas are an excellent boot.

years ago I got introduced to Wellington boots while riding wit a bunch of Cowboy in Texas.

I’ve never turned back. Touring, ADV, ATV.. All day comfortable, all weather, and tough as nails. You can jump off your bike and walk, hike, or polka without changing your footwear.

A good pair of Wolverines will last 10 years. $100 to 200 depending on style.

Last edited:
I own several pairs of boots for different kinds of riding. For casual rides and touring I've worn a pair of BMW Cruise Comfort boots for nearly 20 years. Obviously, not the same pair...

They're comfortable on and off the bike. Hiked up a volcano with them no problem.

I wonder if they are made by Daytona. You know. The German connection.

I bought these a few weeks ago when I needed something quick for the M2 course. So far I love them. Very comfortable on and off the bike. The lacing system works really well, just hope it lasts and doesn't break before the life of the rest of the boot is over. Overall they've been great.

934d6c2e-29b9-4dd9-a254-ee65569c28de_stormhawkwpbootblackfront3403-1149_1.jpg

I should add: they look more like regular boots when you're wearing them. That pic makes them look a bit spaceboot/power ranger, but they don't look like that in real life.

Back
Top Bottom