Recommendation for non power ranger boots! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendation for non power ranger boots!

Second vote for the Forma Adventure. Mid calf so good ankle protection - all boots of that type with a stiff sole are a bit awkward to walk in.
The Milwaukee Troopers would give extra leg length but extremely stiff soles.
Well within your budget
1722062678793.png
I wish I still had my BMW Allround boots.
1722062819371.png

Daytonas all day for me.
Have the Roadstar GTX (amazing comfort, waterproof, look unobtrusive and good for walking) and they are the best boot I’ve worn for both daily riding and multi day trips.

Also have the Evo Sports for all day use when no rain in the forecast - like day rides up north.

IMG_5615.jpeg
Once you get away from good track/mx boots the level of protection is pretty minimal and much of what you see classed as protection is for show.
I wear my SMX-1 for street and they’re super comfy. Had these pair since 2016ish and prob 100k at least on them. Bike feel is good. Ankle padding is for show.
SMX-Plus for the track and spirited riding. First pair were awesome and lasted forever. These second pair had the shift pad disintegrate after minimal use. Not happy. Otherwise good boot with good protection (Mosport crash on my previous pair).
The Corozal’s just arrived on Friday. Undecided if I’ll keep them as I was hoping for more protection off-road. “OK” protection, but for $450 was expecting better.
My Tech 7’s I’ve had since 2016 and they’re excellent. If these die I’ll buy another pair likely. May start wearing them on the big KTM as well.

Does daytona make waterproof gloves by any chance?
If not, whats the equivalent?

Does daytona make waterproof gloves by any chance?
If not, whats the equivalent?
I have a pair of Held gloves that have a Goretex liner built in. You can slide your hand into the Goretex liner when it’s raining or put them into the ‘Breeze’ side for non-waterproof breezy conditions which has small perforations. They have light protection but are very comfortable.

I haven’t rain tested them yet, but they are supposed to be fully waterproof when the hand is in the Goretex liner.

Can’t remember the model name but can check if your interested

I have a pair of Held gloves that have a Goretex liner built in. You can slide your hand into the Goretex liner when it’s raining or put them into the ‘Breeze’ side for non-waterproof breezy conditions which has small perforations. They have light protection but are very comfortable.

I haven’t rain tested them yet, but they are supposed to be fully waterproof when the hand is in the Goretex liner.

Yes please, thanks!

I believe they are called the Air N Dry, at least the ones we were talking about over burritos:

As much as I shill for Held in the glove department, I'm the same for TCX when it comes to boots. I have a pair of track boots, waterproof faux safety boots for when I need to visit site but don't want to wear steel toes on the road, waterproof leather ankle boots with some laces but more for show (they zip up) and some breathable runner-style shoes that are so comfy I often wear them to work even if I'm not on the bike.

I find they fit my widish feet better than AStars and especially Dainese, they're very reasonably priced, and way, way cheaper than the more boutique brands. The only pair of the above that's uncomfortable off the bike are the race boots, for obvious (sometimes squeaky) reasons. All have lasted me years, which is more than I can say for the Gaerne, Dainese, AStars and other boots.

These..TCX are great value and they fit my feet well (not too narrow). I have some air goretex ones I’ll wear until they fall apart. Very comfy and I wear them year round summer or fall. I had BMW Allround goretex leather before and they are also great but there’s actually a good chance these were rebranded TCX boots. They also didn’t breath as well as the TCX air boots.

Here’s a version under 300 TCX Airtech EVO GTX Boots

Last edited:
I own several pairs of boots for different kinds of riding. For casual rides and touring I've worn a pair of BMW Cruise Comfort boots for nearly 20 years. Obviously, not the same pair...

They're comfortable on and off the bike. Hiked up a volcano with them no problem.

Looks like an evolution of the BMW Allround.

Back
Top Bottom