QC to tax antivaxxers | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

QC to tax antivaxxers

Not all kids have parents that stick them in front of a device for hours. My grandkids have a structured day of online learning split with fieldwork doing things like owl watches.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1642606716294.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642606716294.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 14
  • FB_IMG_1642606728993.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642606728993.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 14
Thank you for that. I'll let my buddy know that his daughter is faking the ague, loss of smell and taste and her 7 YO who was learning in a petri dish has nothing to do with it. (sarcasm font)

This is the issue though…..you have parents up in arms about measures put in place to mitigate an infectious disease pandemic who then en masse cajole the province into making a special case for kids….which then spreads infection wider…which then prolongs the pandemic…..which then brings increased measures for everyone. Round and round we go.

Yes there has to be a balance but if we can’t balance things safely the answer isn’t to bury heads in the sand and say ”leave the kids alone”.

So maybe, instead of just shutting down, or doing online learning and trying to stick a freaking under-10-year old in front of an electronic device all freaking day (oh wait, isn't that horrible for their development? i guess that doesn't matter anymore)
Take the measures that experts have been suggesting since the beginning and implement them. I hear there are a few billions of dollars that have not been spent. We're not denying that kids can't get it and can't spread it. But we can definitely make the space safer to reduce spread. You know, like they do in arenas for sport ball watching.

They shouldn’t be in arenas at this point (and at other points) though…that’s the thing. It’s not just a free for all in schools that’s a bad idea.

Short version of why, back then,

Guidelines of how, but that one's a long read

@Wingboy that is great, and my kids get great treatment too because we're a household with 2 parents, 1 working from home, one self-employed (and part time job on top!). We have a great community too with great support where we all help each other. We have the pandemic on "easy mode" over here.
But we also have to take into consideration that half marriages/relationships end up in divorce. Single parents that have to pay for a roof over their head don't have it as easy, especially if they have to go in person to work. A lot of people don't have a community / external family to rely on.

@jc100 the problem i see is, we have experts saying, school closures as last recourse. But that's not how we proceed, tons of OTHER non-essential services stay open while schools get closed which has a ripple effect with deeper repercussions (a lot of them are listed in the articles i shared) and even though they're from 2021, they're still relevant as we still use the same approach of "what's the most popular measure that we should be using". The methodology used by the government to choose their measures is questionable at best

EDIT) and for those who don't like long texts here's an infographic from the feds

1642608295636.png

Last edited:
Now i wonder when they'll put a deadline on 2 shots being deemed insufficient.
They're already allowing immunocompromised to get a 4th shot...how many more do we do before we're good to go?

While that may be true the real reason for this statement might have more to do with the “W” in WHO and the global vaccine supply issues right now. Some countries are having a job getting first doses let alone third.

While that may be true the real reason for this statement might have more to do with the “W” in WHO and the global vaccine supply issues right now. Some countries are having a job getting first doses let alone third.
Yeah and i think that's where our biggest problem resides.

We’re never going to get out of this until the world gets jabbed.

Frankly I think any country that has had their boosters completed should send their supply to third world and impoverished countries to get this thing moving. Pipe dream I know….

We’re never going to get out of this until the world gets jabbed.

Frankly I think any country that has had their boosters completed should send their supply to third world and impoverished countries to get this thing moving. Pipe dream I know….

The only way we get global travel back to normal is by sharing too. Otherwise one country, through no fault of their own usually, will be a pariah at some point or another.

The only way we get global travel back to normal is by sharing too. Otherwise one country, through no fault of their own usually, will be a pariah at some point or another.
100% agree. But the First World is the one that can, and will, pay for the jabs to their citizens. Third world countries may not be able to financially cover the doses. Where will the suppliers send their goods? To the paying customers of course.

It's our duty as a world leader/partner that we help out those that are not able to do it themselves. Unfortunately you also get into issues with logistics, beliefs, and corruption.

One point on which I agree with you.

For the most part to me, it's now obviously a pandemic of the vaccinated in the first world, who are spreading it around by unecessarily gallivanting about, and then blaming those who die for killing people.

There are less than 10% eligible unvaccinated at this point, and .

If you look at the numbers the ones catching the virus and showing in the stats, are 80+.
They seem to be less than 0.5 of the 80+ age group, as it shows 100% vaccinated.

Keep in mind that many of them might not be able to get the vaccine, or it may be ineffective, because of the medications they're on.
Also, those who are in the hospital for something else, but got tested and have a mild case, might still be in the ICU/hospital for the other thing.

We need to get the vaccine out to the rest of the world.

Edit: Vaccinated people wearing masks need to get out of my face when I'm queue up in a store or other line.
I don't need you and your mild sniffle, that will be full blown covid in two days, on top of me.

I think we actually had it for a day or two before we actually noticed symptoms beyond the usual allergies.
Fortunately, we weren't out on a vacation or such at the time.

At least one Ontario hospital is concerned about the number of staff that are potentially asymptomatic and working. Two rapid tests a week for all staff for the foreseeable future.

Not all kids have parents that stick them in front of a device for hours. My grandkids have a structured day of online learning split with fieldwork doing things like owl watches.
That's awesome! We do our best to get the kids out during the day when they're home. Thankfully the older one went back to school today.

Younger one is limited by grandma's health during the day, but we try to minimize screen time where possible. Although it does make life easier.

That's awesome! We do our best to get the kids out during the day when they're home. Thankfully the older one went back to school today.

Younger one is limited by grandma's health during the day, but we try to minimize screen time where possible. Although it does make life easier.
It helps that Mom is a biologist and Dad is a professor of ornithology.

It helps that Mom is a biologist and Dad is a professor of ornithology.

They'd get along with my daughter well. She's just finishing 3 years of College and headed off for 2 years of University next year to come out with a Bachelor in Conservation Biology or something like that.

God, I hope she can get a job after it's all said and done.

They'd get along with my daughter well. She's just finishing 3 years of College and headed off for 2 years of University next year to come out with a Bachelor in Conservation Biology or something like that.

God, I hope she can get a job after it's all said and done.
I wasn't too pleased when our daughter took environmental sciences in u of w. And signed up for co-op programs in Costa Rica. But i was very wrong. Her education led her to work for a local co. Natural Resource Solutions.

So maybe, instead of just shutting down, or doing online learning and trying to stick a freaking under-10-year old in front of an electronic device all freaking day (oh wait, isn't that horrible for their development? i guess that doesn't matter anymore)
Take the measures that experts have been suggesting since the beginning and implement them. I hear there are a few billions of dollars that have not been spent. We're not denying that kids can't get it and can't spread it. But we can definitely make the space safer to reduce spread. You know, like they do in arenas for sport ball watching.
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth. 18 year old mom, 19 year old dad, booth with vocational high school education, both raised in by blue collar parents. They were taught to work hard (work ethic), to be resilient under pressure and to deal with challenges head.

I got the same upbringing, although there weren't 14 kids in the house so our standard of living improved year by year. Work ethic and determination paid off for them, they taught that to us and it paid off for me and my sister. I taught that to my kids and despite the stresses of my work constant travel and our many distant family moves, they too learned to work hard, take measured risks and how to be resilient.

They have a body of friends I have known since they were teens -- the families who coddled and defended lasy or troublesome kids whned up with lazy and troublesome adult kids.

If you kids tell you their friends don't have to shovel snow, cut the lawn or take out the garbage - empathize then smile inside.

If you're kids get in trouble at school, never assume it's the teacher's fault or the other bully. Defend your kids when necessary, prepare them to defend themselves when that's the responsible thing to do.

Help them financially by teaching them about money, how to borrow from you and pay things back, and always have conditions when you have to bail them out.

24 months of home hardship need not damage kids - it's a learning opportunity. 24 months of having their parents tell them the system is damaging them just might.

Back
Top Bottom