Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Supershow Reviews 2024 Edition

Should be that way.
The Jan show is the one for getting gear.
The Feb show is the one with all the bikes.
The March show is the one for getting sausage.
Keep in mind we are in Covid land now. You are not going to see the same amount of gear as you would in years past. There are many 2022 helmets that will not be in Canada till August or later. I have heard rumors that the major vendors at the Jan show are not going to take the same amount of space as before. Are we going to see all the new 2022 bikes in February? I doubt it. We will see some 2022 models, but not as many as previous years.

Keep in mind we are in Covid land now. You are not going to see the same amount of gear as you would in years past. There are many 2022 helmets that will not be in Canada till August or later. I have heard rumors that the major vendors at the Jan show are not going to take the same amount of space as before. Are we going to see all the new 2022 bikes in February? I doubt it. We will see some 2022 models, but not as many as previous years.
Agreed - I see things like gloves and helmets being at lower volume, but I’m optimistic that there will be a good variety of bikes to sit on.

I mentioned in another thread but I think it’s worth mentioning here. Pro6 will be having their own bike show and sale at their shop with some cool bikes on display, like MV, Bimota, Derbi, Aprilia and more. With all the same discounts and sales you would get at the big show without the crowds without the cost of admission and without the parking headaches. Sounds good to me!

Attachments

• 498513B8-3F82-4755-9321-A886FC8E6257.jpeg
    498513B8-3F82-4755-9321-A886FC8E6257.jpeg
    652.7 KB · Views: 17
So does this mean that MV has been homologated for CSBK ?

I foresee this show as having a fair amount of open space. Fewer vendors, fewer crowds, no parking headaches.

And that's if it goes ahead at all.
I’m expecting restrictions to start again and WFH being extended for our place. While I love the GO commute…I’d prefer to WFH.

If the show goes on I’ll take my son as it’s time to get him started.

Well with the 50% capacity limits announced yesterday I'm going to take a pass on going this year.

With being triple vaxxed (as of Dec 22), vaccine passports and masking I'm not concerned about getting COVID, but I expect getting in will be absolutely chaotic and not worth the trouble unfortunately.

No candied nuts for me again this year unfortunately.

Well with the 50% capacity limits announced yesterday I'm going to take a pass on going this year.

With being triple vaxxed (as of Dec 22), vaccine passports and masking I'm not concerned about getting COVID, but I expect getting in will be absolutely chaotic and not worth the trouble unfortunately.

No candied nuts for me again this year unfortunately.
Exactly the reason I’m going to the Pro6 show and sale instead. There will be an awesome food truck there on Saturday as well

At this point I have a hard time believing that come early January, any sort of indoor events regardless of capacity are on the table. I'm also going to Pro6 this Saturday. (The info I have is that it's this coming weekend - not the same time as the bike show - which is probably just as well. I think we'll be spending January inside at home - regardless of whatever restrictions may be in effect and regardless of being triple-vaccinated by then.) See you Saturday.

At this point I have a hard time believing that come early January, any sort of indoor events regardless of capacity are on the table. I'm also going to Pro6 this Saturday. (The info I have is that it's this coming weekend - not the same time as the bike show - which is probably just as well. I think we'll be spending January inside at home - regardless of whatever restrictions may be in effect and regardless of being triple-vaccinated by then.) See you Saturday.
Auto show is cancelled, I would expect to hear the same about the bike show in a couple of days

I agree with you, but I don't think it will be because of lockdown. I think events like the bike and auto shows will look at the restricted attendance capacity and the public hesitation and call it off. If you can't make a certain threshold of income there's no point in going forward.

I've heard from some that while restaurants are open and business is relatively brisk, it's still way off what it was and they attribute it to people being hesitant or cautious.

Back
Top Bottom