Ministry of transportation test / religious objects | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ministry of transportation test / religious objects

Anyone remember when it was trendy to hang a CD from the mirror?

I always thought it was a great idea to put a swinging mirror right where it would blind you while driving.
(that was sarcasm, for those who have trouble detecting it :) )

BTW I knew a plastic surgeon who said he sewed up a lot of foreheads from junk on the visors etc.

Sorry, Vlad, missed your comment re: CDs.

I didn't know that they were thought to ward off speed traps, though.
At least people [think they] have a good reason.

No problem :). The urban legend that CDs are somehow effective passive counter-measure for police radar was the initial reason for that idiotic custom, AFAIK. Then other morons picked it up without even knowing what it was initially about and it became just a "bling fad". It has long since been debunked, and became a mute point with the advent of LIDAR.

I'm actually glad when I see a CD hanging on someone's rear view mirror. It's like a warning that says "I'm an idiot, be careful around me in traffic!". The same applies to various other hanging gadgets and symbols. The bigger the dangling bit, the louder the message - especially when what's dangling is of religious, patriotic or other ideological character.

Last edited:
It's moot, not mute.

I stand corrected. An honest mistake, blame my poor third language (English) skills for that one.

To the OP - religion is somewhat unpopular on this forum. However the instructor's request has nothing to do with religion, as shoe pointed out having anything hanging from your rear view mirror is arguably illegal. The instructor was justified in asking her to remove it, though if she replaces it when she's not on a road test it is highly unlikely she'll ever get ticketed for it, unless she is seriously irritating a cop.

hhhmmm.....I wonder if the thongs I had hanging from my mirror the first time I tried to get my license had anything to do with why I had to re-test.

Back
Top Bottom