Middle weight bikes | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Middle weight bikes

It's a beauty. I was wondering if you had sold it yet.
The only interested party's that have been in touch, have bikes to sell before they make the move on an fjr..
I thought it's priced well enough.....it's basically new.

Mimico V-strom

2021100311410162--8695072044335725116-IMG_7299-4K.jpg

Bundled with the house and cage, the most I ever paid was $850/yr. (2015)
Need to shop it around.
I'd expect $1200-$1500, about the same as the fjr.......that just happens to be for sale!
Me too, insurance was the same price as my FJR.

Till TD said they no longer insure them, Desjardins was $1/cc

The new Triumph 660 tickles my fancy, I'll have to see if I can wangle a test ride.
Nothing special here, just another bike maker changing bodywork to put the same bike into different segments.

The Tiger 660 is just a Trident 660 roadster with cosmetic surgery to the bodywork and tank to make it look like an ADV.

Funny thing... Triumph lists it as an ADV, but all their promo stuff shows it frolicking in the same places as it's naked roadsters.

Nothing special here, just another bike maker changing bodywork to put the same bike into different segments.

The Tiger 660 is just a Trident 660 roadster with cosmetic surgery to the bodywork and tank to make it look like an ADV.

Funny thing... Triumph lists it as an ADV, but all their promo stuff shows it frolicking in the same places as it's naked roadsters.
The engine is fun
Positioning is more touring oriented... you get more travel on the suspension on the tiger.

But tank in my case gets maybe 200km (don't remember off the top of my head if the Tiger version gets a bigger tank)
If you wanna sit on my trident, let me know!

edit) no homoerotic pun intended

I love my tiger 800XC. I've only ever had 2 things go wrong in 11 years. But you do need to consider that getting parts can be a pain. Both times something went wrong I lost a month of prime riding time waiting on parts that needed to be shipped from overseas.
That’s life these days, I waited 2 weeks for Honda parts 😞

That’s life these days, I waited 2 weeks for Honda parts 😞
That said, it stands to reason the more you're buying parts, the more likely you'll find an no-stock item.

I'm mostly Yamaha and Suzuki -- so not many trips to the parts store.

Back
Top Bottom