Middle weight bikes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Middle weight bikes

Wasn't there a girl here took a Busa up the haul road in Alaska against everyone's advice and got lucky with the weather.

Yeah, @theshnizzle. She's ridden her Busa (she's had several) everywhere. Loads of experience. She's not tall either, so MP should take note.

She just came back to GTAM recently, saw a post about her asking about places for doing up a seat.

What's considered a middleweight nowadays?
How much electronics do you want on the bike?
I put a fork brace, a large screen and a bunch of other stuff on my Wee. Only thing it didn't have was cruise.
New Tiger is 888cc which might still be in the range. Needed the large screen for me, doesn't seem to need a brace yet.
The seat does have a lower and an upper position, but I'm not sure if you'd fit.
Another option might be the Multi Duc.

Another vote here for the Vstrom 650. Enough power to not be boring, and enough cheap parts available to turn it into whatever you want. Plus the option to throw some adv tires on it to go exploring.

Modern Bonneville cafe version and a side car. Cool , comfortable, reliable and affordable. Then get a dog to ride along .
I’ll buy it from you in two years for .20 cents on the dollar while you waffle about what you should have bought . Just go get a Vstrom .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

FJ09 / Tracer. I've had mine since Sept 2015. Love the bike - does everything I want and I've never had an issue (46000 kms so far). There has been some talk by others about the suspension, but I don't push it hard enough to notice any issues. Consistently get above 300 kms per tank (17 litres). Mid size wind scree, built in bark busters (I've taken mine off). I've been told that FJR 1300 side bags clip right in. Upright seating position and seat has 2 height options. I have a Sargeant seat on mine - better for comfort.

I have a 2019 Tracer 900 GT. Purchased used after some guy had it for 2 seasons and put 3,700 km on it and a ton of accessories, virtually new IMO

With an upgraded seat its good for 500 - 800 km all day rides.

It has a good reliability rep. Valves to be checked at 42,000 km, but do them early. Did mine at 24,000 and a bunch were just at the threshold of being tight. All reset at 3/4 range.

The bags are small at 20 l. I have a set of FJR bags (30L) and they fit the OEM bracket on the Tracer. You can just change out the lids if you want vs. using a whole bag, the shell is the same.

Last edited:

Screenshot_20240815-112849.jpg

I still think a VStrom is a better option.
I almost consider the 2 interchangeable. Not sure if thats valid or not…but to me they’re practically the same use case type of bike.

I can see if I can pick this up for you on my way back from QC

Might have been commented in jest, but you know what? I've ridden a Busa and it's actually not a bad sport-touring bike. Seating position is not as extreme as a superbike and the throttle response is not as twitchy either. It just keeps pulling and pulling when you leave the throttle open. Torque for weeks on end.

If one of mimico's dream bikes is the VFR800, then the Busa has very similar ergos. Just with an engine on methamphetamines...

Same seat height as the Scrambler. 300 kms tank range. Suzuki build quality and maintenance.

Something to think about...

Maybe one of the Busa owners here can chime in.
Hayabusa's are the ultimate sport touring bike! I rode one for years, and with the addition of risers and Heli bars my setup was close to my FJR.

If Suzuki had refined the Busa, it would have been a killer. Tons of power, reliable as a hammer, and for a big bike they handle pretty well.

I found owning a Busa included an experience you get from no other bike - universal acceptance. 600cc squids don't rev-bomb you at stoplights, they offer a respectful nod. You can park among the Harleys at Tims or the GSs at Starbucks, same nod.

Sometimes you just feel like a king.

https://www.facebook.com/share/89vF...creenshot_20240815-122756.jpg"]69305[/ATTACH]

Last edited:

https://www.facebook.com/share/89vF... has all the bags [ATTACH=full]69305[/ATTACH]

$7800, 2020 with 10K km. This is like the deal I got on my V.

1723739592435.png

Hayabusa's are the ultimate sport touring bike! I rode one for years, and with the addition of risers and Heli bars my setup was close to my FJR.

If Suzuki had refined the Busa, it would have been a killer. Tons of power, reliable as a hammer, and for a big bike they handle pretty well.

I found owning a Busa included an experience you get from no other bike - universal acceptance. 600cc squids don't rev-bomb you at stoplights, they offer a respectful nod. You can park among the Harleys at Tims or the GSs at Starbucks, same nod.

Sometimes you just feel like a king.

Lol.

Only con might be the insurance rate on a Busa.

Cause of young punks like @Gary ruining it for the rest of us...

Back
Top Bottom