Load-N-Go Motorcycle Loading Lift - Anyone have this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Load-N-Go Motorcycle Loading Lift - Anyone have this?

black_CG2

Stumbled upon this randomly. Looks very neat. Not cheap, you are looking at $4k minimum, plus shipping.

Perfect for solo travelers with a truck and motorcycle. I have a ramp but I always need another person to help me load and unload the bike. Hence, was thinking this could be an ideal solution.

Thoughts? Anyone have one?

Stumbled upon this randomly. Looks very neat. Not cheap, you are looking at $4k minimum, plus shipping.

Perfect for solo travelers with a truck and motorcycle. I have a ramp but I always need another person to help me load and unload the bike. Hence, was thinking this could be an ideal solution.

Ouch. At 4K, I would probably be more inclined to get the one that goes above the bed rails. That allows you to load two. Downside is they are higher and will hurt fuel mileage more.

Nevermind, those have gone up and are way more money.

If you can find a ditch to back truck into, that cuts existing ramp angle a lot. Or I'd look at rear bags to dump the back of the truck and reduce angle. Paying 4k+ for something that semi-permanently impairs the usefulness of my truck is not something I would probably do.

A few years ago I watched an older guy unload his dirtbike at Ganaraska using a regular wide ramp and a power winch attached behind the cab of his truck. He had two bicycle wheels attached to the dirtbike like training wheels to keep the thing upright while it was being winched. I think they ran on a small axle through the dirtbike's hollow axle and popped off in a couple of seconds once the bike was unloaded. The setup was pretty slick.

Are you pushing it up or powering it up? I installed a winch on my trailer to pull my goldwing onto it but I realized how much easier it is to start the bike and walk up beside it. Now everything goes onto the trailer under it's own power. Unless your ramp is too steep it's quite easy. And saves 4K for another toy.

Seems great, but awful expensive for the (in my case) limited use. When I had issues loading my bike up ramps I turned to GTAM and learned about the 'turn it on and clutch it up the ramp under it's own power' advice posted here by multiple members.

Works like a charm and I've never had an issue again.

Then I bought a tri-fold snowmobile ramp from a GTAMer, and it is infinitely easier to put it up on my trailer. I don't expect much more difficulty onto a slightly higher trailer bed.

My only issue is the 'walking the plank' on the left hand side as I need to watch my feet from falling in b/w the rungs. But I'm sure there's a solution for that I haven't thought up yet.

My only issue is the 'walking the plank' on the left hand side as I need to watch my feet from falling in b/w the rungs. But I'm sure there's a solution for that I haven't thought up yet.
To close up the rungs, you can probably add something like expanded metal mesh to give you traction and remove places to fall through. Steel mesh on an aluminum ramp wont last forever but it shouldn't get wet that often so probably good enough for your lifetime. If you are concerned, install a buffer like tape or rubber to keep the materials separate.

Bolt a thin piece of plywood to it?
This is probably the most likely option.

I also considered a plywood sheet, with 'channels' to mate to the rungs so it doesn't move around. This way it's easily removable for transport.

Maybe add a few cleats for traction. I should do that to my ramp. Last time I loaded in the rain I needed a push cause the tire was spinning.

Maybe add a few cleats for traction. I should do that to my ramp. Last time I loaded in the rain I needed a push cause the tire was spinning.
I have some of that dimpled aluminum that I placed on the trailer floor left over. I figure cut that up into strips and place it onto some 1/2" plywood (or 3/8" as I have some left over) should do the trick.

I know a guy with something similar he tours all over north America with his truck and camper. He uses it or get at gl1800 in and out of the truck and loves it. In a case like this it makes sense as there is no other great option

Sent from the future

Ouch. At 4K, I would probably be more inclined to get the one that goes above the bed rails. That allows you to load two. Downside is they are higher and will hurt fuel mileage more.

Nevermind, those have gone up and are way more money.

If you can find a ditch to back truck into, that cuts existing ramp angle a lot. Or I'd look at rear bags to dump the back of the truck and reduce angle. Paying 4k+ for something that semi-permanently impairs the usefulness of my truck is not something I would probably do.

The setup is removable because it attaches to the truck by the mounting points. No need to bolt it on permanently.
A few years ago I watched an older guy unload his dirtbike at Ganaraska using a regular wide ramp and a power winch attached behind the cab of his truck. He had two bicycle wheels attached to the dirtbike like training wheels to keep the thing upright while it was being winched. I think they ran on a small axle through the dirtbike's hollow axle and popped off in a couple of seconds once the bike was unloaded. The setup was pretty slick.

Would love to see that setup!
Are you pushing it up or powering it up? I installed a winch on my trailer to pull my goldwing onto it but I realized how much easier it is to start the bike and walk up beside it. Now everything goes onto the trailer under it's own power. Unless your ramp is too steep it's quite easy. And saves 4K for another toy.
The setup pulls it up. There is no power from my end.
Seems great, but awful expensive for the (in my case) limited use. When I had issues loading my bike up ramps I turned to GTAM and learned about the 'turn it on and clutch it up the ramp under it's own power' advice posted here by multiple members.

Works like a charm and I've never had an issue again.

Then I bought a tri-fold snowmobile ramp from a GTAMer, and it is infinitely easier to put it up on my trailer. I don't expect much more difficulty onto a slightly higher trailer bed.

I am only 5'8" and not very strong, so I definitely need another person to help me load/unload. As I am getting older, I really enjoy the convenience of doing things by myself without relying on another person.
I know a guy with something similar he tours all over north America with his truck and camper. He uses it or get at gl1800 in and out of the truck and loves it. In a case like this it makes sense as there is no other great option

Sent from the future
Would love to see that set up!

Thank you for your responses, everyone!

Another option is to buy a motorcycle trailer. My only problem with that is they don't come with suspension and bounce a lot on not so even road surfaces. That will just drive my anxiety through the roof!

Another option is to buy a motorcycle trailer. My only problem with that is they don't come with suspension and bounce a lot on not so even road surfaces. That will just drive my anxiety through the roof!
Lots of them have suspension. If a trailer is a viable option (eg you have space for it and your adventures can accommodate a trailer), that would be my first choice. Hell, depending on how often you do this, you can rent a uhaul motorcycle trailer so you never have to maintain or store the trailer.

Keep a spare winch. That will be your point of weakness... I used to have a trailer that would lower flat to the ground, you lower the motorcycle down, and then winch it back up together again... it was always the various winch components that would fail (remote, strap, motor, wiring, etc.)

Do you guys have any tricks/tips on pushing the bike on a ramp to load up on a truck? YouTuber YammieNoob does it by riding the bike up and also sitting on it while unloading it. He makes it look easy but I personally would be very nervous. I will install a wheel chock on the bed of my truck.

The tips I gathered from Internet:
- Install a wheel chock
- Get canyon dancer bar harness
- Straps (I already have them, but considering upgraded ones)
- Ramps (I have only one, but considering bigger and wider ones, advice?)
- Loading: Have the bike on first gear (engine running) and slowly feather the clutch while walking it up on the ramp
- Unloading: Have the bike on first gear (engine not running) and slowly roll it down while using both front brake and clutch lever
- Guts and Confidence (working on both)

Attached are pics of my setup with the help of my buddy. And no, I don't need a bigger truck nor a manlier truck lol as this Ridgeline serves me very well and saves me money.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109-083042.png
    Screenshot_20231109-083042.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20231109-083017.png
    Screenshot_20231109-083017.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Do you guys have any tricks/tips on pushing the bike on a ramp to load up on a truck? YouTuber YammieNoob does it by riding the bike up and also sitting on it while unloading it. He makes it look easy but I personally would be very nervous. I will install a wheel chock on the bed of my truck.

- Install a wheel chock
- Loading: Have the bike on first gear (engine running) and slowly feather the clutch while walking it up on the ramp
- Unloading: Have the bike on first gear (engine not running) and slowly roll it down while using both front brake and clutch lever

Attached are pics of my setup with the help of my buddy. And no, I don't need a bigger truck nor a manlier truck lol as this Ridgeline serves me very well and saves me money.
I'm 5'7 and have issues with bikes going up the ramp, on either trucks or trailers.
What I did is get a very wide ramp:

This made a world of difference.

Then I started firing the bike up, putting it in gear, and letting the bike 'walk' itself up the ramp with me beside it and since then, it's been a MUCH easier experience.

Prior to that, I had a bike tip over on me trying to get it up on a 'Trailer in a Bag' and had to figure out something better.

- Install a wheel chock

Step 1. Don't learn from YammieNoob.

Step 2. If you can back the truck into a ditch with the ramp to the far side, ramp angle is reduced significant and everything is easier.

A decent trailer with a wide, fold down gate would always be easier and doesn't require any, "Guts and Confidence".

As this doesn't appear to be an option, perhaps either use a wider and longer ramp or 2 narrower ones. If the apparatus you showed is in your financial wheelhouse and is available for your Honda then that's a lot easier than any other option. Seems like a lot of money though, were it me transporting a pair of street bikes I'd get a trailer.

Back
Top Bottom