Listing bikes you've owned in your posts. ??. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Listing bikes you've owned in your posts. ??.

so OP, you ask whats with that?? then proceed to list your bikes......
that there is passive/agressive interweb working.

Yes... but I don't plan to do it every time like some people. Just wanted to give an example of what it would look like if we all did. Of course my list is less impressive in that it is devoid of all out super sports & exotic Euro brands.

Funny that no one has listed a Tomos moped, or a Hyosung.
I think it's all a bit like showing off the brand on the elastic around the top of yer underwear. You seldom see Haynes or Fruit of the loom.

You're ok as long as you haven't given your bikes names.

Actually, I'm guilty of that with one bike i had. My wife named that bike "trouble". It was a Ducati SS.

Lol. I give my Gf`s bikes names. Truimph, Fell over, Ride on, Hot, Exhausted, Rpm`s, Go Faster, Lots more but" i should stop there". In case i get banned. Thats the last name

A lot can be told from that list.

Th list can tell a lot, or at least let someone create a story in their mind as to who you might be. How about this:

1) You are mid 60s
2) You raised a family starting late 70s early 80s
3) Your dad was a hard core motorcyclist, he rode real men's bikes made in Britian. You followed until you returned to motorcycles around 1990 after a hiatus, (possibly wife imposed) -- then you discovered Japanese bikes.
4) You are frugal.
5) You like speed, but your're not a knee dragger.

How did I do?

1, 2, & half of 3... I never took a hiatus. Maybe why I'm twice divorced. I decided to see what these new(er) bikes were like. Partly from getting bored with the scene around H-Ds & Brits in the mid 90's. Loved the reliability & speed. Plus lights & brakes that worked. Was tired of chasing lost fasteners & tools around the place whilst fixing shite. Do miss the tinkering every now & then.

4 & 5 are right on too. Though perhaps practical as much as frugal. I like a corner when I can find one. Don't find enough to get confident to knee drag. I'm not a knuckle dragger either.

I've got pics of my past bikes

yeah I keep them in a continuing note file for both my son and me...pics where I can or from the internet ....tire sizes, insurance info, review links ....every once in a while I'll be looking through it and realize I'd forgotten some models...CB500x forum asked how many Hondas owned....was thinking 2 or 3
...6 for me ...two for the kid.!!!
Signatures can be turned off so what's the big deal.

I used to use a sig pic....until it started adding the surround with ads...
6IP2Ojm.jpg

Funny that no one has listed a Tomos moped, or a Hyosung.
I think it's all a bit like showing off the brand on the elastic around the top of yer underwear.

Now thats funny, there is a TOMOS moped parked in my garage that is going shortly to live at another members house... its lived for a while beside an Italian bike, a british bike and a small asian scooter. They all got along fine. When I was watching them....

I think it's all a bit like showing off the brand on the elastic around the top of yer underwear. You seldom see Haynes or Fruit of the loom.

I think its members believing their opinion on subjects are more informed. Their motorcycling experience and history spans decades.

Many bikes. Much knowledge. Me smart. You listen.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I think its members believing their opinion on subjects are more informed. Their motorcycling experience and history spans decades.

I used to frequent a forum where members would list the modifications to their car in their signature, same concept.

How can that be. I know everything. :)

Now thats funny, there is a TOMOS moped parked in my garage that is going shortly to live at another members house... its lived for a while beside an Italian bike, a british bike and a small asian scooter. They all got along fine. When I was watching them....

is the grocery basket stout enough for future owner's needs?

Otherwise, the older riders would forget what they've ridden.

A slow blue one
A fast red one
Another blue one that was big and heavy
A reeeeally fast red one that scared me, but in a good way
A pretty red and silver one that broke all the time
An orange one that got dirty all the time
A small red and white one that made my bum hurt when I sat on it for too long
Another red one that was not as red as the other ones. And not as fast. And not as much fun.

In order...
1972 Honda Z50
1980 Suzuki GS750
1973 Honda CB750 ( with RC 900 kit, cams and Mikuni smooth bore carbs)
1982 Honda CR250
1980 Suzuki GS1100
1981 Suzuki GS1100
1999 Honda VFR800
2001 Honda VFR800
2007 ST1300
Got rid of the ST1300 last year and I’m currently riding my wife’s 2008 Triumph Bonneville that she never rides.

A slow blue one
A fast red one
Another blue one that was big and heavy
A reeeeally fast red one that scared me, but in a good way
A pretty red and silver one that broke all the time
An orange one that got dirty all the time
A small red and white one that made my bum hurt when I sat on it for too long
Another red one that was not as red as the other ones. And not as fast. And not as much fun.
We are talking bikes aren't we?

To be annoying

1983/84 Suzuki GS450L/GS450T/GSX400E frankenstein hybrid
1991 Yamaha Radian YX600 (first cracked drain plug)
1997 Triumph Daytona T595 (cursed by Hinckley)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F
1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11D (second cracked drain plug)
1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11D (never rode, basket case - literally came in multiple boxes. gave to brother who rebuilt & sold it)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (red, the best colour)
2008 Suzuki GS500E (third cracked drain plug)
2006 Honda Hornet CB919 (bit of a mangy cat due to "improvements" and "repairs" performed by previous owners)

Do you still need a seat or have you gotten over that lol

Last edited:
To be annoying

1983/84 Suzuki GS450L/GS450T/GSX400E frankenstein hybrid
1991 Yamaha Radian YX600 (first cracked drain plug)
1997 Triumph Daytona T595 (cursed by Hinckley)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F
1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11D (second cracked drain plug)
1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11D (never rode, basket case - literally came in multiple boxes. gave to brother who rebuilt & sold it)
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 (red, the best colour)
2008 Suzuki GS500E (third cracked drain plug)
2006 Honda Hornet CB919 (bit of a mangy cat due to "improvements" and "repairs" performed by previous owners)

Jeeezz... now look what I've started. Oh well... perhaps everyone will get that out of their system & not have to bring it up over & over.
I think that's why other sites have had a specific thread for it.

Back
Top Bottom