iPad 3 just released | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

iPad 3 just released

Ohhhhnooooooo not 47c!!!!!! :lol:

Oh wait laptops run at like 70 :lol:

Can you try and stick to comparing apples to apples instead of an entirely different product line?

People hold LAPtops on their LAPS... I'd say its a very valid comparison. Notebook computers run at much higher temps.

But nice try with the hard hitting 47C news!! :lol:

does anyone expect differently?

they should do another test, how well does a person do in a drop test from 50m.

People hold LAPtops on their LAPS... I'd say its a very valid comparison. Notebook computers run at much higher temps.

But nice try with the hard hitting 47C news!! :lol:

I guess when you are working with a big clumsy screen you need to rest it on your lap to do anything so I can see the comparison there. With the PB I can angle it up with my left hand while navigating with my right. It never needs to rest on my lap. You win.

For reference, my iPad3 doesn't get warm at all. Of course I don't play graphics intensive games.

As for the Playbook (disclosure, I kinda like it), when they were trying to sell them at $500 barely anyone bought one. Blackberry is selling them at cost, if not a loss, at the current $200 price point.

all this talk about iPad getting warm(which a lot of people should know by now), and when this friday release reaches, it will still sell a lot.

iPad-on-fire.jpg

Last edited:
probably the best article to shut some people up, and i didn't even read it yet(just the comments).
about the 13 degrees hotter than iPad 2.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/03/21/why-ipad-3-gets-hotter/

First things first. Thermal imaging has pegged the hottest spot on the new iPad at 92.5 degrees Fahrenheit, translating to 33.6 degrees Celsius. Heat maps also show its predecessor, the iPad 2, clearly running cooler at 82.9 degrees Fahrenheit, or 28.3 degrees Celsius. So yes, the new iPad runs gets noticeably warmer, but not burning hot as the headlines would have you believe.

Back
Top Bottom