GTAM Trackday at TMP!! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Trackday at TMP!!

Lmao...ok, I've got nothing. That was a good one! lol
You walked into that one.
Great trackday put On , everything was excellent, good organizers and awesome time, thank you to everyone who had a hand in this.

No...but I do have some exciting ones. Caught this guy trying to have his way with the barrier:

z44-1.jpg

Looks like he landed there after a highside and found it way too comfortable to dismount.

I hope someone put sunscreen on his slaphead.

Thanks. Why'd ya bail last minute? Didn't see you there.
I'm not sure why everyone was thinking I was supposed to be there! I got like three texts, two PM's, lol. I thought I clearly posted "I'm doing the 'Intro to Track' course at TMP on Sept 1st and doing a track day the following day (Sept 2nd) at TMP as well." :)

So, I will be on TMP evening of Sept 1st and all day Sept 2nd :)

-Jamie M.

I'm not sure why everyone was thinking I was supposed to be there! I got like three texts, two PM's, lol. I thought I clearly posted "I'm doing the 'Intro to Track' course at TMP on Sept 1st and doing a track day the following day (Sept 2nd) at TMP as well." :)

So, I will be on TMP evening of Sept 1st and all day Sept 2nd :)

-Jamie M.

Do squats.... now/today/tonight. You'll walk funny for the next 2- days, but if you don't you'll definitely feel it the second day and could hinder how much you ride the second day.

Intro to track is great because it's pretty much almost 3 hours "open track".... ride, come in, get some advice, then ride again. Rather than the usual waiting for 2 groups (30 mns) break... you get less than half of that before going out again (at least from what I remember).

Do squats.... now/today/tonight. You'll walk funny for the next 2- days, but if you don't you'll definitely feel it the second day and could hinder how much you ride the second day.

Intro to track is great because it's pretty much almost 3 hours "open track".... ride, come in, get some advice, then ride again. Rather than the usual waiting for 2 groups (30 mns) break... you get less than half of that before going out again (at least from what I remember).
Because of my broken leg I do a physio work out twice a day. I'll be sure to step up the number of squat reps I do. I'm not sure my leg will hold out for the training AND the track day, but if not I'll just take it easy on the second day and not hang off.

Sounds like fun, thanks for the info :)

-Jamie M.

I will be there this sunday again, looking forward to checking out the funny cars and jet cars run after I get off the track as well.. big weekend on the drag strip apparently

Is this you? :

wtf.jpg
This is fine example of one of those hard,fast, no warning low sides. Too much weight directly ontop of the bike so you don't get any sensation of a slide and possible save of the front tire. Result? A ringing in your ears,sore shoulder,collarbone,hot hands and a reason to go helmet shopping. Don't ask how I know this.

advise taken... goona be working on that this weekend, thanks for taking notice and letting a guy know :)

This is fine example of one of those hard,fast, no warning low sides. Too much weight directly ontop of the bike so you don't get any sensation of a slide and possible save of the front tire. Result? A ringing in your ears,sore shoulder,collarbone,hot hands and a reason to go helmet shopping. Don't ask how I know this.

TL, now this is yhe correct way to exit turn 1 lol if ya aint smashin your head off the windscreen and on top of your tank you didnt do it right hahahahah

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/si/xl/...rVjU/90527094/1346176800/979b8bd/DSC05973.jpg

Were you the guy having problems with your bike?

If so.. that always sucks balls especially when it happens in the morning.

You got a sexy bike though

Yea that was me.... :( first session, 2nd lap my shift knuckle snapped going into turn 1 on a down shift. Didnt go down or anything just pulled it off to the side on the second straight and waited for the ride of shame to pick me up because it was in neautral. After buggin donovan and every other guy at the track for a spare ...i finally got back on after lunch for a couple sessions. Best lap of the day for me was a 118.16 so i was happy with the result at the end of the day

wow thats a decent time for sure! I hope I get there someday! Form first...speed later!

Jenn

Read "twist of the wrist 2" ....really really does give you an insight to what is actually going on while you ride and proper form and ....its helped me tons since i read it. Your fear is holding you back. You have the right mind set ...i gotta work on alot as well. Im pushing hard when i should be more worried about better form as well. But none the less...its fun as hell and thats why im out there

I saw twist of the wrist 1 but not 2....Absolutely agree its myself and not my bike, I made some huge milestones this weekend though for me, I had an off road crash which made me fear front brake, which was stopping me from going as hard in the straights (which Ive overcome), worked on my lines with Donovan.....and made myself go around the whole track in second just to work on it hahaha....and by the end of the day was staying in the upper green pack, which is great since I crashed 2 weeks ago...there were a ton of helpful hands there this weekend, and Im pretty certain that if I can keep this pace and keep chasing faster, you might catch me in intermediate at some point :)

Back
Top Bottom