GTA CRUISERS (Sunday Noon Rides) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTA CRUISERS (Sunday Noon Rides)

I just did The Forks tonight... That new pavement is nice! Sunday's lookin' like good weather, and my girlfriend's at a baby shower. I think I'm definitely down for a ride.

I'm comin' outta East York (Woodbine / Danforth), but I'd like to propose a route (forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds):

Meeting at Colonel Samuel Smith Park in Etobicoke - at the very bottom of Kipling, south of Lakeshore, in the Humber College parking lots by the park.

Head out to Lakeshore, down through Port Credit, up Mississauga Road all the way to Belfountain, through The Forks out to Highway 10, North to Hockley, and take Hockley Road all the way out to Loretto, then take County Road 50 down into Bolton, then head west out of Bolton on King St (County Road 9), back to Mississauga Road, and head back into the city from there.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...ll=43.804801,-79.810181&spn=0.957393,2.469177

There's a map of my idea.

Thoughts?

Looks good mostly 80K roads .Good for open face helmets .

Hey kmalek,

we did meet up on sunday, but it was only me and drummerbr23 who showed up. We went for a nice cruise to the forks of the credit and then stopped for a coffee, continued to Caledon and then headed back. It was a good ride..hopefully this Sunday, we can get alot more cruiser out..

Tonight, Im heading to the Back Alley Cruisers meet at AMX plaza on 400 and highway 7... I heard there will be alot of bikes out there and tons of cars too... if anyone is interested, i am heading out of Scarboroigh

Hey Papabear, went out to the BAC meet to check out the cars and bikes (correction: Harley's) last eve. I'd forgotten what you ride so if you were there I couldn't pick you out of the crowd :)

I just did The Forks tonight... That new pavement is nice! Sunday's lookin' like good weather, and my girlfriend's at a baby shower. I think I'm definitely down for a ride.

I'm comin' outta East York (Woodbine / Danforth), but I'd like to propose a route (forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds):

Meeting at Colonel Samuel Smith Park in Etobicoke - at the very bottom of Kipling, south of Lakeshore, in the Humber College parking lots by the park.

Head out to Lakeshore, down through Port Credit, up Mississauga Road all the way to Belfountain, through The Forks out to Highway 10, North to Hockley, and take Hockley Road all the way out to Loretto, then take County Road 50 down into Bolton, then head west out of Bolton on King St (County Road 9), back to Mississauga Road, and head back into the city from there.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=...ll=43.804801,-79.810181&spn=0.957393,2.469177

Thoughts?

Nice route Scotty. I'd like to join ya'll as long as we've got enough experienced riders to lead/sweep/observe.

would love to this weekend but the bf and i will be at his cabin for the long weekend...

also, the bf and i did the forks a while back 2up on his ride and i didn't think it was really a route for noobs...very twisty and tight...just my 2 cents worth...

would love to this weekend but the bf and i will be at his cabin for the long weekend...

also, the bf and i did the forks a while back 2up on his ride and i didn't think it was really a route for noobs...very twisty and tight...just my 2 cents worth...

Forks is deceptive that way...it's really tight and technical, but if you're observing the speed limit (50km/h for the most part) it's actually not bad. If you stage the group right, it can be fine even for newer riders. (As most more advanced riders like to go a little faster than that. :) )

Hey Papabear, went out to the BAC meet to check out the cars and bikes (correction: Harley's) last eve. I'd forgotten what you ride so if you were there I couldn't pick you out of the crowd :)

Yea i was there.. my bike doesnt really stand out much... I was drooling over the viper that was there...the owner is probably ****** that he now has to clean that drool lol...

Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan, but i agree with Aquila, lets make sure we have enough experienced riders to lead/sweep/observe.

Hey, so I'm in O-town this weekend but if I can make it back earlier I'll join you.

Hey guys,I'm going t have to bow out of this weekend, I have an engagement I cannot miss, lemme know how it goes and I'll see you guys the following weekend.

honestly i dind't find forks a hard ride....guys it's really really fun...and this is my first season...last time a sat in a bike was like 7 years ago...if u go easy and don't speed too much u will be fine...i wish we could get at least 5 guys last sunday...that's a nice ride to do with a nice group of people...c'mom guys let's arrange that!!!!!!!!!

hey papa....yeah but it's for us...we can meet them at mississauga rd and 403....very good spot....

is a pretty good route man...he's doing the opposite way we did on sunday

OK Guys,

so here is the official route (Thanks to ScottyD)

12:00pm - Meeting at Colonel Samuel Smith Park in Etobicoke - at the very bottom of Kipling, south of Lakeshore, in the Humber College parking lots by the park.

12:30pm- Depart from Colonel Samuel Smith Park

• West on Lake Shore Blvd West
  • Through Port Credit
  • North on Mississauga Road to Belfountain
  • East on Forks of The Credit road
  • Stop at THE SHED at Forks of credit
  • North on Highway 10 (Hurontario St)
  • East on Hockley Road to Loretto,
  • South on County Road 50 down io Bolton,
  • West on King St (County Road 9),
  • back to Mississauga Road,
  • Find a Tim Horton’s or Gas station for final Stop
Estimated time 2-3 hours

If anyone has any questions, please post or PM me

Also, I will be joining in, the event has been delayed so now im free :)

Back
Top Bottom