Good casual boots? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good casual boots?

Icon Super Duty.

I've a pair of the older Super Duty 2 in black, they're simply leather ankle boots with some motorcycle features, they're comfortable enough to wear all day long, and you can get off the bike and walk around the city without looking like a power ranger wannabe. They're not waterproof, but have a perforated tongue that cools your feet off when riding. I'm into my third season in them, that's about thirty dollars per year. If they were waterproof I'd be in heaven.

Best of all, they run around $120 or less.

2009_Icon_Super_Duty_2_Boots.jpg

87250BLK_zoom.jpg
logo.png

Got one pair on sale for $200, second one for $100. Wear them all the time, summer or winter, on foot or on the bike. Elegant enough for work (no one complained yet, or they don't dare :) ), comfortable to hike in (climbed all over Death Valley in them), waterproof and very durable (5 years and still going strong). I have a pair of Joe Rockets I wear on very long or very cold rides, but these are my favorites as they offer the best tradeoff between protection and comfort. Dubbin grease or mink oil every once in a while and Bob's yer uncle.

does anyone in the hamilton/niagara area carry the shift shoes? I would like to try a pair on

I'm all for comfy gear,and i'm not trying to be a "gear nazi".Just keep in mind there in no such thing as a casual crash.Just my 2 cents. :)

I have the Alpinestar Web Gortex boots. They're on their 4th year of use, are still pretty comfy (my feet hurt after four hours of walking around Dover on Friday, but an insole insert might improve that), and are still waterproof. For a daily commuting boot they're great!

I have the Alpinestar Web Gortex boots. They're on their 4th year of use, are still pretty comfy (my feet hurt after four hours of walking around Dover on Friday, but an insole insert might improve that), and are still waterproof. For a daily commuting boot they're great!

They're great spring/fall boots, and are waterproof, but in really bad rain, the fill up with the water rolling down your legs into your boot tops. :)

I credit them with saving my ankle when I slid down the highway after striking a deer on the 404 near Newmarket.

They don't breath well, so I wear the Icon Super Duty 2 for summer stuff. That said, I'll buy another set when mine are toast.

+1 for timberlands
Timberlands216.jpg

This is what I wear when I'm going to work, they are comfortable and provide good ankle protection.
If i'm spending the day on the bike no work and no commitments then I just slip on my Dainese Torques.

Aren't the Dianese Torque Out's (or is it the In's) that most people say is the best bang for the buck balance of safety and casual-ness? I'll probably be getting them when my overpriced Sidi crap wears out (which is not going to be any time soon based on how much I ride).

Aren't the Dianese Torque Out's (or is it the In's) that most people say is the best bang for the buck balance of safety and casual-ness? I'll probably be getting them when my overpriced Sidi crap wears out (which is not going to be any time soon based on how much I ride).

I have the In's ... If i'm riding, I can wear em all day and not have any comfort issues. I just feel a little funky walking around in them for the whole day at work so I wear my Timbs. instead.

I wear Alpinestar Harlem wp boots for most riding. Comfortable, definitely waterproof (so Ive found in the recent weeks) and look ok with regular jeans. Alternatively, I have Timberlands if I'll be spending more time off the bike then on.

I have BMW goretex boots that are plain black....look fine with jeans ..cost me $200+ish but worth every single penny. Made in Italy and made extremely well. Feet never sweat and never get wet in any weather.

I have a pair of Blundstone boots. They are by far the most comfortable boots that I have ever owned. I can walk all day in them. They are not made specifically for motorcycles, but they have all the elements that you look for in a safe boot: thick rubber sole, cover the ankles, and strong leather. Also they look good with jeans and other casual pants.

They're great spring/fall boots, and are waterproof, but in really bad rain, the fill up with the water rolling down your legs into your boot tops. :)

I credit them with saving my ankle when I slid down the highway after striking a deer on the 404 near Newmarket.

They don't breath well, so I wear the Icon Super Duty 2 for summer stuff. That said, I'll buy another set when mine are toast.

Re: Alpinestar Web Goretex,

If I'm donning the Frogg Toggs (or just using the crappy inner liner of my Alter Ego pants), the legging of the rain garb goes overtop of the boot. I've ridden from Barrie to St. Catharines in pouring rain doing that, and my feet stayed completely dry. Hands soaked, feet dry!

Last edited:
Don't tuck your pants into your boots!
I rode through a terrible rain a couple of weeks ago from Guelph to Brampton and the only thing dry was my feet because of these boots. Mine are one year old and I find the Gortex still breathes pretty good.
Just not cheap at about $250.00.

Just bought Icon Field Armour boots in Black today.. They seem pretty legit.. Excited to have some decent weather so I can test them out..

Ive been wearing the SUOMY ITALY MOTORCYCLE EURO-STYLE BOOTS for the last 3 years.
Great comfortable boots for riding and walking.

I have a pair of Blundstone boots. They are by far the most comfortable boots that I have ever owned. I can walk all day in them. They are not made specifically for motorcycles, but they have all the elements that you look for in a safe boot: thick rubber sole, cover the ankles, and strong leather. Also they look good with jeans and other casual pants.

Aren't they slip-on boots? That means they could very easily slip-off in a crash.

Back
Top Bottom