Good casual boots? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good casual boots?

fyrebug

So my Icon tarmac are falling apart in little over a year of use. I'm HIGHLY dissapointed. running shoes, fine, but shoes that spend most of their life off the ground? not cool in my books.
this will probably be the first time I've ever contacted a company to complain like an old lady but the sole on the shift boot is falling off in chunks, and the top is wearing off and torn.

Wondering what boots you all have that you've had good success with. I'd like something that provides ankle protection but that's short (not racer high boots), and can be comfortable for walking around all day in if need be. icon tarmac hit that, but unfortunetly 1 year dissapoints me. Are my exceptions simply too high?

I use a pair of columbia boots (not that pair but very similar) that I've had for 3 years or so now, and there still in great condition, I don't know if they will provid the protection you're looking for as there hiking boots.

I can't say enough good things about Timberland boots. I've owned two pairs that have seen regular use and are about 5 years old now. Still as good as the day I bought them. Comfortable, durable and 100% waterproof.*

*Of course when water runs down your leg and into your boot, this means water will be trapped inside..which admittedly is less fun!

I used to wear a pair of Shift street shoes, which basically look like hightop sneakers. Even after a year of riding, they held up well.

Since then, I've upgraded to more sturdy Forma boots. I saw that Sidi and Alpinestars has some nice casual stuff which may be up your alley. They don't seem too inexpensive.

I can't say enough good things about Timberland boots. I've owned two pairs that have seen regular use and are about 5 years old now. Still as good as the day I bought them. Comfortable, durable and 100% waterproof.*

*Of course when water runs down your leg and into your boot, this means water will be trapped inside..which admittedly is less fun!

Yea I've had a pair of timberland boots as well, also a great choice.

I wear blundstones. To make sure I remain the icon of fashion, I have them in both black and brown. In Canada they are a bit pricey, but I picked up both pair in OZ for under $100 AUD. My oldest pair is now 8 years old and still wearing well.

I have these, very comfortable.

TCX_XSquare_Boots.jpg

the sidi blade and the aplinestars smx-2 both *look like what I'd want, and have the advantage that I could wear them in the office (casual, jeans office). not sure how they hold up though.
the shift look pretty good!
not sure how I would feel about the timberlands in a crash. and it's probable that I will crash one day.

got one of the puma ones from cycleworld, think it was close to 200 bucks, it has hard leather shell and metal piece at the end(no problems going thru airport security)it looks really cool, go check it out. it looks really causal too so you can use it to walk or whatever, one i got was brown colour
dsc004411kc4.jpg

Last edited:
the sidi blade and the aplinestars smx-2 both *look like what I'd want, and have the advantage that I could wear them in the office (casual, jeans office). not sure how they hold up though.
the shift look pretty good!
not sure how I would feel about the timberlands in a crash. and it's probable that I will crash one day.

Sorry man, I was reading more casual. :) They are a pretty thick boot, but I'm sure the specialty stuff would hold up better.

To RevAndy's point, if you want Blundstones...head to a store that sells them to get your size and buy them off Ebay. Price is ridiculous here.

I've got the Aplinestars SMX-2 and they're comfortable when it comes to walking around.

alpine stars tech 2. Heavy duty boots that are comfy to wear all day.

+1 for tcx x-square. They'll easily last me 3 or 4 years (on my second season with no signs of wear). I blacked out the logo and you can't even tell that they're boots when the jeans are over them (they're actually way more black than the picture makes it seem).

As for protection, they'll be more protection than a normal boot and obviously less than a real bike boot... but this is my way of compromising between fashion and function. Some angles even make 'em look like Jordan 7s :p
screen-capture-3.jpg

Another plus is that they're great for the summer (better than my shoes). The only thing to consider is that the strap at the top will be hard to close if you have fat ankles (I'm slim and they just close perfectly).

alpinestars_Parlor-Riding-Shoe-BLACK_LG.jpg

I like the Parlor for 'normal' looking boots. They look less girly-man once worn in.

...but I can wear my SMX5s all day long, they don't look too power-rangerish if you put your pants on top and they feel like sliiiippers.

I've got the Aplinestars SMX-2 and they're comfortable when it comes to walking around.

I'm on my third season with the Alpinestars SMX-2. I got the waterproof model and they are great. They offer decent protection and are comfortable to walk in. So far other than losing a toe slidder they are holding up well. Should get another couple years out of them easily.

Back
Top Bottom