Danforth shooting | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Danforth shooting

We'll never know in Canada, because not enough people have been afforded the chance to defend themselves. I can't remember a case in Canada where someone has shot the wrong person thinking they were trying to kill them. However, there have been several home invasions that have ended badly for the victims. I suppose Mayor Tory couldn't think of a reason they should have a handgun either, all the while he is protected by armed guards himself. I wonder if he sees a reason for them to have guns? Perhaps because his life is more important than the lives of the rest of us.

Statistically, registered gun owners are much less likely to commit a crime than other Canadians.
We don't know about registered gun owners who sell their guns and pretend it was stolen, and the crimes that result from it.

All guns start off legally owned. So sensible restrictions on legal owners, and penalties like Brian suggests, will inevitably restrict illegal ones.

Besides, since you can surely find many cases in the US where someone shot the wrong person thinking they were trying to kill them, unlike Canada, and since there have certainly been several home invasions in the US that ended badly for the victims (including homes with guns), just like Canada, doesn't that indicate there's no upside to having less strict gun regulations? The other argument, to have guns to defend from a tyrannical government, is also retarded.

The real explanation is an underlying psychology behind some people's unjustified support for guns which has more to do with their unrealistic sense of their own unlimited potential. They figure they can be relied upon to handle and safeguard guns responsibly, and use them against others only when there is no other option. Their purity and goodness, along with a gun, is all that's needed to triumph over darkness and evil. And while this description may very well be TRUE for a large number of people, it isn't true for many more, and it doesn't change the demonstrable fact that allowing more guns in society makes us all less secure overall.

The smallest personal sacrifice of registering long guns for example, enables significant benefits to society. Such a rule is exactly why we call ourselves one nation; to benefit everybody by enforcing standards that we all share anyways. There's no reason for anyone to have a moral objection to gun registries, but people make that claim, hiding behind paranoid arguments of government oppression and tyranny, or about their need to arm themselves against hypothetical intruders who want to kill them.

If someone wants to kill you and they expect that you're armed, they just won't give you a chance to shoot! This isn't brain surgery. All we'd accomplish by having more guns is cause the violence of criminal acts to escalate proportionally. Again, look to the south.

It's a shame that this thread, which is about the murder of two innocent kids and assault on many others and has shed absolutely no new light on the subject of guns, has turned into another dumb pro/anti gun argument. The thread is full of lies and distortions that I've ignored until now because honestly, nothing more needed to be said after the second post.

RIP Reese and Julianna.

Many don't realize that the mouth pieces chattering bull to people on the centre stage are gladly under protection by guns, even in their personal lives, whether that be in their homes, etc. They value themselves as individuals and teach us to look at ourselves as a number.

the-pope-says-ifyou-own-a-gun-you-are-not-31225115.png

Last edited:
Many don't realize that the mouth pieces chattering bull to people on the centre stage are gladly under protection by guns, even in their personal lives, whether that be in their homes, etc.

many don't realize that most realize this

Well said and agreed. Many don't realize that the mouth pieces chattering bull to people on the centre stage are gladly under protection by guns, even in their personal lives, whether that be in their homes, etc.

They value themselves as individuals and teach us to look at ourselves as a number. That's why when a few of us eats dirt (dies), the gravity of the situation and reaction is in no way as consequential as when one of them goes. A matter of importance, no doubt.

The more important and valued you are, expect gun possession or presence for protection. But...if you're just another average joe, well why bother. It's just a common life after all. Another number on a sheet.

P.S
I'm aware that high profile individuals need more protection because they get more exposure to public but my opinion is not limited to them. I believe that in general, people who have a higher expression of success or value for themselves show much more Interest in protecting themselves.

Sent from my SM-G955W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Except when you live in one of the safest countries in the world and you have more chance of being struck by lightning. You live in fear if you like, me, I’ll live. When those of you so paralyzed by the argument of self defence come to travel for vacations do you pick places where you can legally carry a knife or a gun? Just wondering. By the way, I think it’s prefectly legal to walk down the street with a lightening conductor attached...why don’t you take the smart option of the enlightened and protect yourself with a 20ft copper rod? I mean, you’d be dumb not to right if you’d be dumb not to protect yourself with a firearm given the statistics and all?

We don't know about registered gun owners who sell their guns and pretend it was stolen, and the crimes that result from it.

All guns start off legally owned. So sensible restrictions on legal owners, and penalties like Brian suggests, will inevitably restrict illegal ones.

Besides, since you can surely find many cases in the US where someone shot the wrong person thinking they were trying to kill them, unlike Canada, and since there have certainly been several home invasions in the US that ended badly for the victims (including homes with guns), just like Canada, doesn't that indicate there's no upside to having less strict gun regulations? The other argument, to have guns to defend from a tyrannical government, is also retarded.

The real explanation is an underlying psychology behind some people's unjustified support for guns which has more to do with their unrealistic sense of their own unlimited potential. They figure they can be relied upon to handle and safeguard guns responsibly, and use them against others only when there is no other option. Their purity and goodness, along with a gun, is all that's needed to triumph over darkness and evil. And while this description may very well be TRUE for a large number of people, it isn't true for many more, and it doesn't change the demonstrable fact that allowing more guns in society makes us all less secure overall.

The smallest personal sacrifice of registering long guns for example, enables significant benefits to society. Such a rule is exactly why we call ourselves one nation; to benefit everybody by enforcing standards that we all share anyways. There's no reason for anyone to have a moral objection to gun registries, but people make that claim, hiding behind paranoid arguments of government oppression and tyranny, or about their need to arm themselves against hypothetical intruders who want to kill them.

If someone wants to kill you and they expect that you're armed, they just won't give you a chance to shoot! This isn't brain surgery. All we'd accomplish by having more guns is cause the violence of criminal acts to escalate proportionally. Again, look to the south.

It's a shame that this thread, which is about the murder of two innocent kids and assault on many others and has shed absolutely no new light on the subject of guns, has turned into another dumb pro/anti gun argument. The thread is full of lies and distortions that I've ignored until now because honestly, nothing more needed to be said after the second post.

RIP Reese and Julianna.

Well said.

Well I think I can sum up this thread into three different positions:

-(A) Living in fear of guns so all guns should be banned or super tightly regulated even if they have no practical street use (like long guns). All guns are evil and some people are just living in fear.

-(B) Actually enforcing and modifying of the current regulations to reduce hand guns and other street use guns (which are all restricted already but gaps are making them too easy to get on the street) to make it harder to get illegal guns for use on the street. Well documented how these guns are getting to the street and how there are gaps that could be closed without taking away the privilege (IT IS NOT A RIGHT IN THIS COUNTRY--FULL STOP ON THAT) of RESPONSIBLE (proper storage, etc.) law abiding hobbyists, farmers and hunters to purchase and own guns.

-(C) Living in fear of guns so everyone must have a gun including (and mostly) beta males living in fear and needing a gun to feel like a big man so everyone needs a gun.

RIP Reese and Julianna.
A much more thought out comment than in the other thread.

-"Besides, since you can surely find many cases in the US where someone shot the wrong person thinking they were trying to kill them, unlike Canada, and since there have certainly been several home invasions in the US that ended badly for the victims (including homes with guns), just like Canada, doesn't that indicate there's no upside to having less strict gun regulations?"

You can surely find many cases, where someone shot the right person who was trying to kill them, unlike Canada who doesn't get the opportunity, and since you can find countless examples of home invasions that ended in a blessing for the potential victims who were able to protect their family (YouTube it / all caught on tape), unlike Canada, I would say there's strong reason to suggest moving towards the opposite end of the spectrum; exiting the ban zone in Canada but with competent management and education.

-"The other argument, to have guns to defend from a tyrannical government, is also retarded."

In all the world, have you never heard of the suspension of civil rights which have resulted in mass rapes and murder? Even today there are countless situations where abuse of power at various degrees have been observed.

The main difference between you and I is that you are content with the illusion of freedom and I am not. You "feel free" because of generational conditioning and because there are worse forms of management out there in other nations. You don't know any better. What many dont realize is that the jails are filled with not only criminals, but many free men. A truly free individual will inevitably have friction with the law. Why would I take a protection deal from a force who looks at me like a number, restricts my freedoms and options because of what some other guy did (individuality not recognized), and imprison me for stretching my arms beyond their approved boundaries?

When you dont have the self respect to defend yourself or your family, you approach the table not as an equal, but as a lesser. You are granted freedoms on the basis of your productivity and it is given to you by the "mercy" of those with power. Wolves respect wolves, not sheep.

This is a matter of instinct, education of warfare, awareness and sight, more than it is about retardation.

-"The real explanation is an underlying psychology behind some people's unjustified support for guns which has more to do with their unrealistic sense of their own unlimited potential. They figure they can be relied upon to handle and safeguard guns responsibly, and use them against others only when there is no other option. Their purity and goodness, along with a gun, is all that's needed to triumph over darkness and evil. And while this description may very well be TRUE for a large number of people, it isn't true for many more, and it doesn't change the demonstrable fact that allowing more guns in society makes us all less secure overall."

The lack of security comes from being unaccustomed to open expressions of protection. Still, your level of security and feelings should not obstruct your critical thinking or faculties. No need to make complex what is simple. However since you dug into the layers, might as well dive deep.

The desire to protect oneself is a reactionary and instinctive sense, induced by external forces. Whether that trigger is by your oppressor, or by rogues. Some do not wish to be caught in the crossfire and die a victim so they rather opt for the opportunity to defend themselves. One of the most concerning problems here is that you see yourself as a number. At the end of the year, obtain a record of all the victims of violent crimes in Canada. Tell them (if alive) that they are crazy for wanting to protect themselves now. Also tell the victim, including his/her friends and family that have learned a lesson from them that we are safe, and that the numbers in the report for crime statistics are still looking good.

I think it's fascinating that institutionalized people have successfully mirrored, echoed and regurgitated the views of their superiors.
They have done an outstanding job making what is natural appear unnatural, and what is unnatural appear natural. All spoken of in The Art of War by Sun Tzu. It is truly sad that they have succeeded in removing that key survival component and inclination from their lessers.

-"The smallest personal sacrifice of registering long guns for example, enables significant benefits to society. Such a rule is exactly why we call ourselves one nation; to benefit everybody by enforcing standards that we all share anyways. There's no reason for anyone to have a moral objection to gun registries, but people make that claim, hiding behind paranoid arguments of government oppression and tyranny, or about their need to arm themselves against hypothetical intruders who want to kill them".

Hiding behind arguments of government oppression and tyranny, hypothetical intruders who want to kill us?

Oppression is a matter perception or interpretation, and tyranny is a matter of sight looking steps ahead by observing steps already gone by. There are several cases and reasons when the government can suspend your civil rights (martial law), and when that occurs, there is a window of opportunity where potential injustices to the people are at an all time high (as seen in the past around the world).

It seems that any form of existent reality outside of your own circle of experience does not carry any weight. How convenient. Awareness is key here. There are countless cases of breaking and entering around Canada, robbery, and assault that does not make it onto the news. But It appears that as long as no gun shots went off, all is well and we have a much better society. Canadians are truly desensitized when it comes to victims. It's normal. God forgive the homeowner that blows the intruders head off and it makes it on the news. I have actually heard some Canadians say that one should not use lethal force when an intruder breaks in.

-"If someone wants to kill you and they expect that you're armed, they just won't give you a chance to shoot! This isn't brain surgery. All we'd accomplish by having more guns is cause the violence of criminal acts to escalate proportionally. Again, look to the south".

Although yes, the hit can still be executed, If someone wants to kill you, they will think twice because it will no longer be wolf vs sheep, but wolf vs wolf. In our society there is no form of deterrence from the victim that may help. Authorities cannot be everywhere at once, so it's no different than picking off sheep when the farmer isnt looking.

Also, yes on paper, it will appear that more gun crime will increase, but so will the instances where law abiding citizens were able to protect themselves and their families.

-"It's a shame that this thread, which is about the murder of two innocent kids and assault on many others and has shed absolutely no new light on the subject of guns, has turned into another dumb pro/anti gun argument. The thread is full of lies and distortions that I've ignored until now because honestly, nothing more needed to be said after the second post".

We have a people problem, not a gun problem. The only reason why guns are the focal point is because political correctness does not grant you permission to discuss people. In the natural world (the real world), it's naive to reject equal force of protection. The pillars and foundation you stand on that gives you your illusion of freedom is fueled by the power of guns. It is a respected force that grants independance and respect at all levels ranging from a larger scale (military) to a lower scale (civilian). Still, the actual root and focal point should be on people, but I doubt the average joe would like to discuss that.

sadly, some do I'd have to head for the hills if this became law in Canada people in my area can hardly get across town without challenging each other everyday there'd be a body in the WallyWorld parking lot
The problem with that law is that if there really was a cause for him to fear for his life, he would have been beaten to the point where he couldn't pull a gun.

By the way, I think it’s prefectly legal to walk down the street with a lightening conductor attached...why don’t you take the smart option of the enlightened and protect yourself with a 20ft copper rod? I mean, you’d be dumb not to right if you’d be dumb not to protect yourself with a firearm given the statistics and all?

That has to be the stupidest rebuttal I've read on the internet in months.

sadly, some do

I'd have to head for the hills if this became law in Canada
people in my area can hardly get across town without challenging each other
everyday there'd be a body in the WallyWorld parking lot
Although the older white man did not need to shoot, there's nothing wrong with the video.
I have a shard of sympathy for the man who was shot, but I wont let that blind and obscure my vision.

In the real world, there is no natural law that says if I push you, you are limited to only pushing me back. Such laws of equal force are artificially created to simulate a world of "fairness" (contrary to the real world).

In reality, the black man did not know if the man he pushed had physical vulnerabilities such as recovery after surgery, bad hip, susceptibility to knee dislocation, a bad spine, etc. A simple push to you that throws a man to the ground could mean alot more to the fallen man. When you engage a stranger and escalate the situation to physical warfare, you must be ready to expect the possibility of an unrestricted human reaction that may result in an attempt to take life.

The mans death should serve as a lesson and grow society to a matured state which allows people to understand that we are not in grade 10 anymore. We dont have a teacher to separate us. Unfortunately because of the media and dominant political agenda, instead of learning the lesson they get you to focus on victimhood. There's a powerful lesson to be learned here. If you threaten a man physically, especially one that probably won't win, you are risking your life. That should be a universal law in my opinion.

Can you imagine...say I was a family man with a wife and a bunch of kids. Problems ensue, initiated by the aggressor. I have to duke it out equally to see who'd win? No...bud.

This Stand Your Ground Law is one of the closest laws that simulate reality. It does not cater to "should and shouldn'ts", but rather allows nature to take it's course.

If the Law allowed someone to shoot pre-emptively, I would have a problem. But that's not the case.

Yes, sad I accept a degree of reality for what it is.

I think I'll be moving to Florida soon.

too many words
not enough reflection
was one of them a black man?
seriously, I didn't notice
but that takes time

tossing away a life that easily
you will be at home in FLA

allow nature to take it's course, lol

if that was true, you would not be alive
would have been allowed to dribble down your mom's leg
then wiped off on a curtain
you owe your existence to Liberalism
tough words
tough shyt

What do you mean there’s nothing wrong with the video? In nearly every other civilized society on earth this would have ended with a bunch of “**** you's” flying around...instead someone died because they dared to argue with someone and push them. That’s insane. The death penalty for pushing someone. That’s how insulated we’ve become from absolute tragedy that we can just sit at a keyboard and type “that’s ok”. Good grief.

allow nature to take it's course, lol

if that was true, you would not be alive
would have been allowed to dribble down your mom's leg
then wiped off on a curtain
you owe your existence to Liberalism
tough words
tough shyt
Lol Maybe you're right. I dream too like everyone else and I never said life should be that way, but it is, and I think society should at least be prepared for it.

Whether or not it's legal, people start problems all the time. I'd hate for someone's son or daughter to be killed because they didn't realize it's possible for someone to kill them. This law recognizes and shines a light on that.

Back
Top Bottom