Cleaning Motorcycle in Apartment | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cleaning Motorcycle in Apartment

zibzer

Hello, Im wondering what the easiest way to clean a motorcycle would be in an apartment. Currently I carry 2 buckets of water to my bike from my apartment (one soapy one clean). this is cumbersome and I would love to see a product where I simply spray it on and wipe it off. and then "maybe" follow up with a wax.. Any ideas guys????

I'd suggest you find a buddy with a driveway. There are a number of the detailer sprays on the market, don't think they replace a "wash" but will do for tidying up

I thought that rainy day rides were for washing the bike. I wouldn't try to clean a bike inside an apartment, the landlord might get upset. The two buckets is probably the best and least expensive idea.

use plexus and dryer sheets if it's plastic...otherwise.. just go to a coin op or something

Sometimes I go to the coin operated car washes and just don't use the pressure washers.

I have a particular affinity for the ones with massive "NO MOTORCYCLES" signs.

if cleaning is an artform for you, you can buy bulk cotton rags and get some spray bottles and your choice of cleaners. one bottle should be water. fools rip a hose on bikes and put water where its not needed. how many stories are there where people get a car engine cleaned and then have problems. get yourself a tub with wheels for an easy trip in the elevator for all your supplies.

t_16936_01.jpg

exactly what you're looking for...you can get it at Riders Choice

t_16936_01.jpg

exactly what you're looking for...you can get it at Riders Choice

I bought a similar product at canadian tire called Dry-Shine. Cleaned my bike last night and its exactly what I need. the Only problem is the cleaner/wax gets in all the cracks of the bike and I spent 2 hours getting it out. End result was fantastic and was totally worth the time.

Here's a pic, though its a crappy cellphone pic so you dont really get the full effect:
bikephoto.jpg

I've heard good things about Optima's No rinse car wash, but it's hard to find in Canada.

I've heard good things about Optima's No rinse car wash, but it's hard to find in Canada.

^^^ This is your best bet. try autopia.org for more details and info from people who do it for a living.

I recommend using ONR in a spray bottle, a grout sponge, and a very soft very plush and VERY clean microfibre cloth(s). You must rinse off all heavy dirt and debris with a sharp jet of water prior to using ONR.

For the best combo (ease of use, shine & durabilty) I would follow up with Optimum spray wax. If you have time and $$$ there are many exotic waxes you could try (a few friends like dodo juice soft wax)

Or rent an apartment building such as mine that has an underground car wash and vaccum at your disposal!

Jenn

Do you have a balcony? If so how many floors up and is it near the parking lot? I say this because I used to live in a low rise and bought a light gauge hose and hooked it up to the kitchen sink, ran the hose out the balcony door and over the railing and down to the driveway. 50' of light hose rolls up surprisingly small, especially if you get the hose that goes flat when there is no water in it. Aside from that, like a previous poster said, find a buddy with a driveway or toss your wash mitt and chamise in your tank bag or back pack and head to the local coin-op car wash.

I say to OP .. set up a weekly ride to KawasakiGal's place.. bring gifts like cake, cookies, pop or something in exchange for letting you borrow her underground car wash and vacuum! ..

Last edited:
I have one of those 2 gallon pump sprays, take a one litre bottle spray of chemical of your choice and spray and rub, then rinse with the 2 gallon pump spray. S100 is a good choice for chemical.

Last edited:
You probably won't like this, but a great place to clean a bike is a coin-op car wash station. $5 is usually enough.

ride to your local coin wash........use a bay that has a sprayer that has a constant leak.....presto....bike clean for free....

Back
Top Bottom