Canada post rant | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada post rant

No surprise there. It’s competing against low cost carriers that scrape to the bottom with people getting paid peanuts. These guys run up and down our neighbourhoods in large trucks like their income depended on it (which it does).

I’m surprised they haven’t hit or killed anyone on our street and I’ve gotten into arguments with them before.

Meanwhile the CP guys are walking around without a care in the world (no offence to our local CP staff)…but ours don’t seem to hustle in any way shape or form.

And this doesn’t help…4 years into an 8 year plan without a plan…

1725104218700.png

What's this "box" thing? Sounds like a PITA.

No surprise there. It’s competing against low cost carriers that scrape to the bottom with people getting paid peanuts. These guys run up and down our neighbourhoods in large trucks like their income depended on it (which it does).

They're not the sharpest spoons in the drawer. Last week I had one Amazon subcontractor pull up to the neighbour's house across the street, deliver a package, hop back in his van, pull a U-turn, stop in front of my house, and deliver a package to me.

They're not the sharpest spoons in the drawer. Last week I had one Amazon subcontractor pull up to the neighbour's house across the street, deliver a package, hop back in his van, pull a U-turn, stop in front of my house, and deliver a package to me.
I also question some of their driving decisions but I have a feeling that their routes are preplanned or more so generated for them by a rout planning system.
It seemed like they need to stop in front of the address they are delivering to.

We often get them on out street where 3 houses in a row, on the same side get a delivery.
They will get back to it the truck and move it up a bit for each delivery.
Would be quicker to just grab the 3 parcels and deliver them and the get back into the truck and move into the next street.

UPS trucks work in a similar way.
I have seen UPS come down our street 2 different times on the same day to deliver a few houses apart.
Their routes are planned in a way to they make as little left hand turns as possible.

Time to scrap door to door 5x a week.
What would labour cost look like if it was twice a week to superbox locations.
I'm in a town of 7200. No one gets door to door. Most resisidents go to the Post office with newer suburbs now getting superboxes. Sun still comes up every day.

I also question some of their driving decisions but I have a feeling that their routes are preplanned or more so generated for them by a rout planning system.
It seemed like they need to stop in front of the address they are delivering to.

We often get them on out street where 3 houses in a row, on the same side get a delivery.
They will get back to it the truck and move it up a bit for each delivery.
Would be quicker to just grab the 3 parcels and deliver them and the get back into the truck and move into the next street.

UPS trucks work in a similar way.
I have seen UPS come down our street 2 different times on the same day to deliver a few houses apart.
Their routes are planned in a way to they make as little left hand turns as possible.
Amazon recently updated their tracking so now it shows location of package and how many stops until you. It seems to be partly a game as I have checked a few times when it was 7-10 stops away but the number never changes until it shows up. My suspicion is the GPS is tracking the van location and they throw a timer on each user so they can only request location every 30 minutes or something (although the don't say they do this, that seems to be how it works).

I’m surprised they haven’t hit or killed anyone on our street and I’ve gotten into arguments with them before.

Meanwhile the CP guys are walking around without a care in the world (no offence to our local CP staff)…but ours don’t seem to hustle in any way shape or form.

And this doesn’t help…4 years into an 8 year plan without a plan…

The drivers are paid piece work.. the more packages they deliver.. the more money they make.
Complaints are taken pretty seriously.. and they know it.. threatening to contact the delivery company should see a change in their behaviour because they know it's nothing to replace them and there's lots of people lined up for their route.

Letter mail went up 25¢. I can see why, but that much is a MAiD move in this climate.

Back
Top Bottom