budget of $3500, bike suggestion? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

budget of $3500, bike suggestion?

i just thought the yzf600 is pretty similar to R6 and looks like super-sport, or... should say it is a super-sport. when i sit on the 03 r6, the handlebars are so wide apart different from what i used to ride the 10 ninja 250, it feels really fat and heavy between my legs. compare to the sv650, handlebars are not as wide, bike is thinner, it gives me the confidence.

Do you guys think $2700 is reasonable for a 2000 sv650 @34000km? the bike has kept in good condition except the rear passenger handle has a crack in the middle, the pegs on both sides have indications of the bike has been dropped but i cant find any evidence on the fairings or handlebars. He is giving me best offer of $3000 including safety, what do you guys think? I will be the 6th owner, the bike has transferred 3 times in a short period of time under a company's name for some reasons. So I think practically is the 1st owner, then the company, 3rd is the seller, 4th will be me.

any suggestions?

Do you guys think $2700 is reasonable for a 2000 sv650 @34000km? the bike has kept in good condition except the rear passenger handle has a crack in the middle, the pegs on both sides have indications of the bike has been dropped but i cant find any evidence on the fairings or handlebars. He is giving me best offer of $3000 including safety, what do you guys think? I will be the 6th owner, the bike has transferred 3 times in a short period of time under a company's name for some reasons. So I think practically is the 1st owner, then the company, 3rd is the seller, 4th will be me.

any suggestions?

It's not hard to scrape the pegs on the ground while cornering, the bike may not have been dropped.

Id guess the average rider keeps their bike for 2-3 years so if you're the 4th owner that's not so bad.

If you can get it for anything under $3000 i would consider that a pretty good deal. Is the seller willing to get it safetied?

i just thought the yzf600 is pretty similar to R6 and looks like super-sport, or... should say it is a super-sport. when i sit on the 03 r6, the handlebars are so wide apart different from what i used to ride the 10 ninja 250, it feels really fat and heavy between my legs. compare to the sv650, handlebars are not as wide, bike is thinner, it gives me the confidence.

It's not a super sport, it's actually a sport-tourer. An R6 has a very aggressive seating position whereas the 600R is more relaxed for comfort. I rode mine all the way to NYC, 800km and only stopped for gas. I'm 6'2, 200lbs and never had any strain or anything.

A 250cc will be skinner, less engine obviously but if you plan to move up then the 600cc bikes will have a wider stance to accommodate a much larger engine.

This transition is something you'll eventually have to adjust too. It's really not that bad! Maybe consider a Ninja EX500 as they're probably in between a 250cc and 600cc in terms of weight and size?

he is willing but i told him not to so that i can bring an extra $100 down, i guess he doesnt know Ted.

The YZF600R is a fantastic bike. DOn't be tooput off by everyyone saying that it is a sport tourer. It is a sportbike, from a time when sport bikes weren';t as specialized and narrowly focused as they are now. BAck then, lots of 600's were setup up to be a a comfortable compromise between racing and street riding. Look at the CBR600F3- it was the same type of bike, back then, and it sold like crazy. The YZF 600 can be ridden in anger by a decent rider and can still run around a racetrack at a good pace. At anything short of race pace, it will hang with any 600. Remember, up until 1999, this was Yamaha's sportiest 600. They raced it , and won, lots. It is a good handler, with incredible brakes, and a nice riding position.

The only reason why I'd suggest an SV650 over the YZF is size and weight. If you think an R6 is heavy (one of the lightenst sportbikes you can buy), then you will surely think the steel framed YZF600 is a huge and heavt pig. It easily weighs 40-50 lbs more than an R6.

thanks for the advice I will stick with sv in this case, just checked my insurance.... last time i got my quote was $1556, now they have raised it to $1805..... wtf..... do they charge you more in the riding season and less in winter?

I have a 03 600RR of a customers in the shop for sale at $3500 its low mileage Arata pipe, steel lines, asv levers. NOT MY BIKE but I can put you in touch with him. PM me if you like.

You can probably eventually find one for 200-300 bucks less if you keep searching but by no means is the guy ripping you off.
If you just want to start riding, I'd say it's not worth it wasting your time and gas money looking at more bikes.
If you like this one and the owner is honest then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom