budget of $3500, bike suggestion? | GTAMotorcycle.com

budget of $3500, bike suggestion?

elton_t

hi

i have set a lower budget to help with the insurance, my new budget is $3500, what are some of the good bikes, prefer 600cc+, not into 1000 as insurance would be too high. Year 2000+ would be ideal.

i have looked at the gs500, it is a bit slow and low seat height
katana also have a low seat height which I don't like, it hurts my knees sitting too long

are there any other bikes out there? street/sport touring bikes prefer.

thanks

There are lots of Suzuki Bandit 600's out there, model year 2000-2002 in that price range. You can also find Kawi zz600's in nice shape in that price range. Lots of options, just start haunting Autotrader and Kijiji and I'm sure you'll find lots of options in that price range.

Happy hunting.

An ex500... it's not a 600cc+ but you should be able to find one in your price range

Put aside $1000 for proper gear if you don't already have some.

just found a bike year 2000 sv650s @35000km for $3000..... is that a reasonable price? im thinking to negotiate how much further do you guys think I can lower? possbily bring it down to $2500, due to the high milage? thanks

just found a bike year 2000 sv650s @35000km for $3000..... is that a reasonable price? im thinking to negotiate how much further do you guys think I can lower? possbily bring it down to $2500, due to the high milage? thanks

I had trouble selling a 06 sv650s for $4500 with 12k on it.. don`t pay more than $2500 for a 2000.

sure thanks for the advice, i asked him offer me $2500 for as-is he said too low, when i asked 2700 he said we can discuss after seeing the bike, i don't know he seems reluctant to accept 2500 but i agree.... for an old bike with high milage... doesn't make sense to pay $3250... originally what he is asking for.

I wouldn't consider that really high mileage at all.

I have found many 1999-2002 CBR-600RR, F4i, zx6r, gsxr-600, and R6 for just over $3000. I personally would stick to the F4i, R6, or zx6r as those models in those years are quite nice. The old cbrs/gsxrs are just so broad for my taste, and round.

In my experience though, the 2000 model R6 i've seen for sale have problems with second gear shifting or a bent frame, etc. My friend just bought a zx6r for $3600, year 2000 but it was in very good condition. Pretty much all stock, not a scratch on the fairings. Ridden by a firefighter. What more could you ask? lol

only thing is the ones you posted are all ss bikes.... not only insurance goes higher(about $1000 more a year) but i don't want to get cops behind my back and ****... im just a causal rider, wants to enjoy the experience and touring out to see some nice scenery and feel the breeze.

only thing is the ones you posted are all ss bikes.... not only insurance goes higher(about $1000 more a year) but i don't want to get cops behind my back and ****... im just a causal rider, wants to enjoy the experience and touring out to see some nice scenery and feel the breeze.

i have an '01 sv650s with just over 20k on it, that i would probably want $3k for it, if i were selling it. so i think his price is high.

fwiw, i love the sv, great bike. . .highly recommend it for anyone. keep looking, there should be others out there for the price you want to pay

sure thanks for the advice, i asked him offer me $2500 for as-is he said too low, when i asked 2700 he said we can discuss after seeing the bike, i don't know he seems reluctant to accept 2500 but i agree.... for an old bike with high milage... doesn't make sense to pay $3250... originally what he is asking for.

Okay, first reason he might be reluctant - you're haggling the price without even having seen the bike. Do that in person.

Okay, first reason he might be reluctant - you're haggling the price without even having seen the bike. Do that in person.
this!!!! Haggling with someone is the most annoying part of selling something especially when you have no clue what this bike looks like/ condition.

Then look at the FZ-6, Versys, CBF 600, Vstrom, Bandit to name a few that would work well for touring and are all reasonable to insure.

Look for a honda CB599, great bike, rock solid dependable and plenty of power and should be good on insurance as well.

GS500 is slow? LOL! Well, try a bit older SV650 then.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The GS500 can go to 140 Km/h easily if you're not paying attention. The first gear is a bit useless when leaving big intersections, but even that doesn't make it a "slow" bike.

this!!!! Haggling with someone is the most annoying part of selling something especially when you have no clue what this bike looks like/ condition.

This.

I won't even entertain a meeting if someone tries haggling me on the phone before seeing the bike. It just gives the impression you're not serious and haven't done any research.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The GS500 can go to 140 Km/h easily if you're not paying attention. The first gear is a bit useless when leaving big intersections, but even that doesn't make it a "slow" bike.

Yea... but 0-100 takes 6 seconds? I had the ninja 250 before and it takes about the same time... so im planning to get something slightly faster so im not bored with the acceleration :)

Back
Top Bottom