BMW owners movement! | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

If you are tired of the Dover thing, and want to try something different on Friday........Never done a Budd's BMW ride before, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. They had me at the breakfast part.

Email from Budds :

On Friday the 13th of September, join us for our SKIP OVER DOVER RIDE.

We are meeting for breakfast at 9:00 AM at the Ice House Restaurant. Please arrive with a full tank of gas and ready to ride!

You must RSVP to come on this event. Please contact Stephen Crouch if you are interested in coming:

Stephen Crouch

scrouch@buddsbmw.com

What's the route for this? Anyone know?

Here is the email rec'd today :

Meet with the Budds' Ambassadors at The Ice House Restaurant in Campbellville. They open at 9AM. We leave from there. We will be kickstands up at 10ish. We will take the back roads to towards the Forks of the Credit, Hockley Valley, Creemore then Collingwood for lunch around 1:00ish. Then you can choose to go either with the group home or on your own. Steve

If you should need more detailed directions for the Ice House here they are:
Ice House Restaurant
19 Main Street N
Campbellville, ON L0P 1B0

From the 401 take Guelph Line South less than 1 KM. Restaurant is on the left just North of the Campbellville Road.

From the QEW go north on Guelph Line north until you are across the CPR tracks. Restaurant is on your Right just past the Campbellville Road

Have a great safe ride, Steve

Stephen Crouch Hours Monday off
Budds' BMW Tuesday 12pm-7pm
Motorrad Sales Wednesday 9am-5pm - 5pm-7pm by appointment
direct 289-291-5141 Thursday 12pm-7pm
scrouch@buddsbmw.com Friday 9am-5pm
Budds' Motorrad Loft Saturday 9am-4pm

Sounds nice, but haha, no way am I getting up that early. Not after working nights the past month.

Have fun guys.

Hey folks. Picked up an R1200S this spring and have been enjoying it - especially I appreciate the heated grips now that it's getting nippy out :)

I just noticed this thread and thought I'd drop a line and say hello.

Love those heated hand grips plus heated saddle. Never knew I needed them...

Hey folks. Picked up an R1200S this spring and have been enjoying it - especially I appreciate the heated grips now that it's getting nippy out :)

I just noticed this thread and thought I'd drop a line and say hello.

Hey guys,bought a V.O. F800GT this spring. Put over 12000 kms on over the summer,and still riding thanks to those grips and a Laminarlip. I'd like to join up sometime ,let me know.

"Hey folks. Picked up an R1200S"

dmacbride, excellent taste in motorcycles!

Gerry

Anybody here with a K13s that has real world riding experience with a good sport oriented touring tire? My stock M3's are starting to get a bit worn and I'm not that keen on them anyways.

Would like to get a tire that has great stickiness for hard riding with same or better turn in as the M3's and hopefully can last around 6000-7500kms. Seems like I'll need a dual compound tire to meet those criteria and main contenders appear to be Angel ST's, Rosso Corsa's, PR3's.

Thanks in advance.

Anybody here with a K13s that has real world riding experience with a good sport oriented touring tire? My stock M3's are starting to get a bit worn and I'm not that keen on them anyways.

Would like to get a tire that has great stickiness for hard riding with same or better turn in as the M3's and hopefully can last around 6000-7500kms. Seems like I'll need a dual compound tire to meet those criteria and main contenders appear to be Angel ST's, Rosso Corsa's, PR3's.

Thanks in advance.

If you are considering PR3s, might as well spring for the new, improved Pilot Road 4's

I switched from M3's to Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I really like them. My buddy had a set on his VFR and they seemed to hold up longer than my M3's did on long trip.

Pete's Superbike was great to deal with and delivery was fast and easy.

I switched from M3's to Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I really like them. My buddy had a set on his VFR and they seemed to hold up longer than my M3's did on long trip.

Pete's Superbike was great to deal with and delivery was fast and easy.

How do they turn in compared to the M3's? I don't want to get a tire that slows down turn in. Also how hard to you ride on the PR3's? I need to be able to rail with confidence when the time arises so they need to inspire confidence when cranked over.

Cheers.

Hey Mike,

I've been through multiple sets of M3's and I liked them. I only switched to PR3's because my buddy seemed to get better mileage out of them. Last year at the end of a trip my M3's were toast while his PR3's had just started to square off.

I'm about halfway through my PR3's from what I can tell and I have equal confidence on them as the Metzelers and I have not noticed any handling differences. However it seems from your post that you might ride more aggressively than I do and are looking for more performance out of a tire.

Likely this is not very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom