Best Ear Plugs (for a loud bike) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Ear Plugs (for a loud bike)

I'm not really a fan of loud exhausts, but that's how the bike came...just trying to ride it until the baffle comes in the mail. I can (and do) idle it through towns. I get young kids motioning their wrist for me to rev bomb it. I won't do it. It's an H2. Even with the full Brocks I don't know if it's as loud as a Harley with straight pipes... I'd like to do a db test on them side by side. Harley's seem to get a pass...I've never understood why.

Some great suggestions on ear plugs here. Thank you.
If you're near barrie sometime I will measure it for you.

I've been through all the gimmick earplugs made out of strange materials on amazon. Spent over $60 on experimenting and always come back to foam plugs. Just bought a 50 pair from dewalt on amazon. They work and reusable until all your earwax make them look gross lol

I don't know if it's as loud as a Harley with straight pipes... I'd like to do a db test on them side by side. Harley's seem to get a pass...I've never understood why.
No one gets a pass, if the bike is loud (regardless of make) and you're stopped, tested and fail, you'll get a ticket. Unless you have factual numbers you're just falling for stupidity and rumors. Lastly any rated earplugs are better than none.

Just get the Loop ones right off the bat, the Quiet set.

I've been through a few sets of others and those are my keepers. No string, no part sticking out of your ears to catch on your helmet, and easy peasy to put in and remove.

Temu now makes knock-offs that work just as well as long as you choose the correct silcone insert to match your ear canal. I bought a few sets in case I lose any. $4/pair

I'm sure you can find them on AliExpress too if you don't want to hit Temu's minimum spend level ($30 or so).

Any active noise cancelling earbuds work better than foam. Apple airpods pro or Soundcore P3
Maybe. That depends on which frequencies are an issue and to a lesser extent their stability. Anc works great for rumble, complete crap for voices or banging through the gears on an inline 4.

Last edited:
Just get the Loop ones right off the bat, the Quiet set.

I've been through a few sets of others and those are my keepers. No string, no part sticking out of your ears to catch on your helmet, and easy peasy to put in and remove.

Temu now makes knock-offs that work just as well as long as you choose the correct silcone insert to match your ear canal. I bought a few sets in case I lose any. $4/pair

I'm sure you can find them on AliExpress too if you don't want to hit Temu's minimum spend level ($30 or so).
I use these as well as my son. My son is the one that introduced me to them. I even use them when swimming to prevent infection. They are worth every penny of their non-knock-off price.

Any active noise cancelling earbuds work better than foam. Apple airpods pro or Soundcore P3

I have the Bose QuietComfort II.

Works great on an airplane. Not so much in a helmet - the ANC HW adds too much bulk and presses against the ear uncomfortably with the helmet on.

Difficult even to get the helmet on without yanking the earbuds out - though I've heard that using a balaclava over the ears with the earbuds underneath helps with that. Never tried that though.

r6singh said:
incorrect - good foam is -33
The energies inside a helmet are daunting for ANC
The results demonstrate that ANC technology in AirPods Pro effectively reduces ambient pink noise, with an average overall attenuation of 27 dB.
The Sennheisers today were near on perfect for completely turning off cabin sound in flight.
It was so abrupt I thought they had spun the engines down
There is always some leakage from erratic chatter but overall the quietest flight I've ever had.

Lightcycle ..Oxford makes a very thin balaclava which will certainly make it easier to get the helmet on over the IEMs but not certain about pressure points.

One reason I've been using behind the neck BT so battery life goes way up and the IEMs stay small.
Not what I'm using but for info
1717491762668.png

I am using these this season and very happy with them. My left ear canal is smaller than my right and these have been great. They were on sale too.

Crescendo Moto Ear Plugs - Attenuation​

B
No one gets a pass, if the bike is loud (regardless of make) and you're stopped, tested and fail, you'll get a ticket. Unless you have factual numbers you're just falling for stupidity and rumors. Lastly any rated earplugs are better than none.
BS. I know someone where I live that wants to move because of the potato, potato, potato... she lives on a start and stop part of the road in a beach town. Don't kid yourself, Harley's get a pass.

B

BS. I know someone where I live that wants to move because of the potato, potato, potato... she lives on a start and stop part of the road in a beach town. Don't kid yourself, Harley's get a pass.
Show us your collected data that brought you to your conclusion.

Update. Turns out the full Brocks system for the H2 comes with the baffle already installed. Have to buy the extra silencer. Thanks for the suggestions on the ear plugs. The silicone ones didn't seem to do anything. The foam -33 most definitely help. The bike sounds like an F1 car from the old days...some people love the sound and motion me to rev it. The supercharger has a sweet sound...unlike the potato, potato, potato...lol Harley Davidson actually tried patenting this sound.

Got a full Brocks system, it's loud, don't want to lose hearing, have a silencer on order. Bike sounds awesome... like an F1 car. What ear plugs do you guys with loud bikes use? Foam inserts is what I normally use, but cutting down ~ 20 dB isn't going to cut it with this bike.

Thanks in advance.
My argument against loud pipes. The rider can't stand the noise but everyone else within two miles has to put up with it.

Back
Top Bottom