Best Ear Plugs (for a loud bike) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Ear Plugs (for a loud bike)

The way I look at it, is it is the same noise as a dump truck that I get stuck behind going to work. Those trucks are loud. Because it is big we put up with it. Loud bikes, same noise, we just don’t accept it from a 2 wheel vehicle. But in both cases I try to get away from them. In a cage I don’t have earplugs like on a bike but I can close the window.

The way I look at it, is it is the same noise as a dump truck that I get stuck behind going to work. Those trucks are loud. Because it is big we put up with it. Loud bikes, same noise, we just don’t accept it from a 2 wheel vehicle. But in both cases I try to get away from them. In a cage I don’t have earplugs like on a bike but I can close the window.
A loud bike is far far louder than almost any truck. A straight pipe truck on the Jake brake is pretty loud but there aren't many of those in Ontario and they don't spend much time on the brake.

I was sitting at my favourite breakfast place outside this morning. My aunt calls me a freaking loud pipe Harley goes by then another one and I can’t hear the phone. Then a dump truck and same noise level and couldn’t hear the phone then either. Didn’t realized how loud those trucks were. Breakfast place is at hwy 9 and 27 all vehicles accelerating.

As an aside, owner told me the place is up for sale.
Signed:
Deaf and depressed in Schomberg

Last edited:
Halton did a study because locals complained of bikes on roads like 15 sr.
Heavy equipment from all the local quarries were the biggest offenders.

Got a full Brocks system, it's loud, don't want to lose hearing, have a silencer on order. Bike sounds awesome... like an F1 car. What ear plugs do you guys with loud bikes use? Foam inserts is what I normally use, but cutting down ~ 20 dB isn't going to cut it with this bike.

Thanks in advance.
If you can't listen to your own bike, what makes you think everybody else wants to?????

The difference is those trucks serve a purpose beyond blatant vanity. If they could be made quieter within a reasonable budget, they would be. Truck drivers don't choose to make their dump trucks louder.

The difference is those trucks serve a purpose beyond blatant vanity. If they could be made quieter within a reasonable budget, they would be. Truck drivers don't choose to make their dump trucks louder.
Well, for the most part accurate. Lots of trucks in the USA with straight pipes. I am sure a few here but only a small percentage.

I can’t argue with that but it isn’t only Harleys. Do any of us really need motorbikes?
Ya different kettle of fish.
Even on my ride yesterday there were 70s era muscle cars (who doesn’t love the sound of a big Detroit 8 floored) Ducatis KTM with extremely loud exhaust and everything in between, loud and proud. You gotta live and let live.
Back on topic I tried these yesterday and loved them for 2 hours them my ears hurt. I think these silicone baffle are the most quiet so far.

I can’t argue with that but it isn’t only Harleys. Do any of us really need motorbikes?
Ya different kettle of fish.
Even on my ride yesterday there were 70s era muscle cars (who doesn’t love the sound of a big Detroit 8 floored) Ducatis KTM with extremely loud exhaust and everything in between, loud and proud. You gotta live and let live.
Back on topic I tried these yesterday and loved them for 2 hours them my ears hurt. I think these silicone baffle are the most quiet so far.
You're right, "You gotta live and let live."

And that means keeping your car/truck/motorcycle as quiet as stock.

Back
Top Bottom