Alternate toys to fight boredom | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alternate toys to fight boredom

The prevailing winds kind of roll down the lake, bounces off the shoreline in all directions.
Zero boat traffic.

20 kts in Lake ontario yesterday, had the 30ft out and running with just a headsail averaged 5.9. Teaching the new dog to sail so keeping the boat flat is key. She's getting better about just staying on the low side (cant fall off a bench if your already on the down side) and she doesnt empty the beer cooler like my other crew. Today was 6-8kts and perfect.
5 of us sailed the marbelhead 50's after dinner, I got a horrible start, then tagged a mark in a tight rounding and had to make do over. Learning curve is steep. Guy brought a 36" RC tugboat to use as a committee boat to set a start line. This is going to be a deep rabbit hole LOL

What lake? I'm on Knowlton, and get the same at the south end. Windsurfing was a challenge, but you sure learned how to adapt to changing winds.
I call it Dutch Lake.

Might be a little late to start seeds now - I'm curious to see what happens!
Autoflowers will be fine, they finish in about 90 days. I find they do better in pots -- you can spin the pots while training.

Photos are a bit late. They should be 75 days old now and plants should be 3-4' tall. They switch to flowering mid august, so you only have about 50 days of vegetative growth, in perfect conditions you'll hit 3-4' tall and 2'diameter before they switch to flowering. Still doable, but the yield will be a small fraction of the plan't capability - not hard to get 8+' tall and 6' diameter with good sun and horticultural practices. Good luck!

Autoflowers will be fine, they finish in about 90 days. I find they do better in pots -- you can spin the pots while training.

Photos are a bit late. They should be 75 days old now and plants should be 3-4' tall. They switch to flowering mid august, so you only have about 50 days of vegetative growth, in perfect conditions you'll hit 3-4' tall and 2'diameter before they switch to flowering. Still doable, but the yield will be a small fraction of the plan't capability - not hard to get 8+' tall and 6' diameter with good sun and horticultural practices. Good luck!
I put them in tomorrow and we have sunlight from 9am-7pm so we will see how it goes....if not then next season will be another opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom