Almost had a crash today on the 401. How should I prepare? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Almost had a crash today on the 401. How should I prepare?

Isn't someone supposed to chime in now "if you don't ride in traffic you must not like riding"

*cough*
I like riding, but not in heavy traffic.
Amazing how attitude changes if I get caught in heavy traffic and it is the first or last ride of the season, then it doesn’t matter. Or if I am travelling and get caught in some other city’s traffic, then it is okay too.
Once I was in Montreal and horrible traffic, but the cars would see me coming and would make room to let me pass. I found Montreal drivers way more courteous and aware of motorbikes than Toronto drivers. This was a few years ago, but has stayed with me.

Isn't someone supposed to chime in now "if you don't ride in traffic you must not like riding"

kramer-out.gif

I can leave my house and go for a 3-hour ride without hitting one traffic light...

NARR (Not A Real Rider)

Once I was in Montreal and horrible traffic, but the cars would see me coming and would make room to let me pass. I found Montreal drivers way more courteous and aware of motorbikes than Toronto drivers. This was a few years ago, but has stayed with me.
While not directly motorcycle related - I drive in Montreal/Quebec for work and leisure a few times a year, either in a 5t straight truck or pulling a trailer or RV...

In Ontario (specifically the GTHA) - driving is a fight; I often have to push my way in. Dans la belle province, while traffic is far more aggressive, if I put on my blinker in a 5t or pulling trailer; a hole just appears... It's a weird a combination of aggressive and courteous driving in Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom