2025 Yamaha YZF-R1 And YZF-R1M | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2025 Yamaha YZF-R1 And YZF-R1M

I don't think the real reason they dominate MotoGP is the same reason you think they dominate MotoGP... but that just might be me

Nissin AND Tokico brake companies are 50% owned by Honda, so is Showa suspension. Hitachi Astemo is the parent company
Ever heard of AdeLin brakes? Chinese company, does radial masters. They support a bunch of asian race teams, I've been using their stuff for a few years, and I think they work as well as brembo RCS, at a tenth of the price. The only problem I've had is the stainless steel ratio adjustment screw is made out of chinese monkey metal and rusts... just get it adjusted before it rusts. They make calipers too, never tried them, but they look a lot like Brembos... like almost "knock off" Brembos
You've probably never heard of them, as they don't spend millions of dollars every year on advertising... like Brembo does... advertising dollars that assures every winning MotoGP bike has Brembo brakes.
EVERY winner of the Daytona 500 has had Goodyear tires... ONLY because Goodyear sponsors the Daytona 500, and you can't enter the race on any other tire (When we started to go to "short tracks" Goodyear didn't have a short track tire. Some guys got caught running Hoosier short track tires... with the Goodyear logo painted on the sidewall. Goodyear said nothing, because they didn't want it known they didn't have a short track tire)
Firestone sponsored the Indy... guess what tire has more Indy wins?
I happened to be talking to Nicki Hayden, and I HATE Dunlop tires, so I asked him why he runs Dunlop tires... with a smartass smirk he answered "Because they pay me $10,000 per race to run them, $25,000 if I win"

... but maybe it's because I'm such a cynic

Racing is about winning.

If one brand is clearly head and shoulders above the other, then if the racer and/or the team has the clout, they will do everything in their power to switch to the winning brand.

Witness MM93 breaking off his contract with Honda to jump ship to Ducati.
Also, Rossi and Pedrosa breaking off their contract with Michelin to jump ship to Bridgestone

But yeah, if no clout, then Bezzecchi is going to run what they tell Bezzecchi to run... And also what to drink, even if he likes chugging the Red Bull at home...

Back
Top Bottom