XSR900 vs. STriple 765 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

XSR900 vs. STriple 765

Doesn't the XSR have the bigger motor, you need to add that to the 'value' equation.
I think on paper XSR900 has more torque.. on my demo ride... I didn't feel the XSR900 was torquey... I actually found the 765 to have more torque...

HP.. again.. on paper I think they are in the same class.. not miles apart... so not much "value" imo... difference of 1-2 Hp between the two?

Last edited:
That's totally fair. I didn't even consider the triple for the longest time because I didn't like the headlights either. My previous bike was a gen 3 SV650 and I was always of the opinion a "proper" motorbike should have a round headlight. Somehow it just grew on me though.

I'm surprised you found the triple jumpy. I never rode the XSR but compared to my SV650 the throttle feels light years ahead. Then again, I'm sure most bikes are more refined than my SV650 was....

At the end of the day I think they are both objectively very good bikes. Go with your heart and what you'd be more excited to see when you walk out into your garage. Only you can make that decision for yourself.
May be I wasn't on point when I rode the 765.. but god.. when it was on Race mode... (or whatever) the thing flies on the seat of my pants... Road mode is a bit more tamed...

Back
Top Bottom