Worth it to move up in cc? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Worth it to move up in cc?

YOLO. If the bike is a toy and doesn't do what you bought it for, then you either need a different one, or a second (or third, fourth, fifth...).

If it's the cost of insurance that's holding you back, shop around with different insurers and also be flexible with which specific models you'd buy. I refuse to pay much more than $1/cc/yr for $1M liability and $300 comprehensive. I never buy collision. I'm with Desjardins (Agents) with my house, cars, and umbrella liability policy and all my bikes have managed to fall within this pricing rule.
+1 for no collision (or comp)

I agree with many of the opinions posted.

If you have the means and desire to get a larger displacement, get one.
If you feel you want to spend more time on the one you have, keep riding and researching.

The only thing in the way of a decision is you...

+1 for no collision (or comp)

No collision coverage is a self-imposed deterrent to not do anything (too) stupid on the street.

But I'll always get comprehensive for peace of mind. Everyone I know has had a bike stolen. I'll leave mine parked anywhere without worrying if it's still there when I get back. And all of my bikes were purchased well below FMV, so if it's gone, I make money. On the flip side, I've never had to make a comp claim in 36 years. So I guess it works?

agree with all thats been said, the SV is a great bike, id consider it better than the mt09, better, more surefooted handling

YOLO. If the bike is a toy and doesn't do what you bought it for, then you either need a different one, or a second (or third, fourth, fifth...).

If it's the cost of insurance that's holding you back, shop around with different insurers and also be flexible with which specific models you'd buy. I refuse to pay much more than $1/cc/yr for $1M liability and $300 comprehensive. I never buy collision. I'm with Desjardins (Agents) with my house, cars, and umbrella liability policy and all my bikes have managed to fall within this pricing rule.
Yep fair point re: yolo. I'm going to put some more miles on the CB before jumping into an sv650 though. A little more time might make the decision clearer.
Bike cost is less of a pill for me to swallow. It's the insurance that bothers me more...although that's something I'll likely have to reconcile with. (A $7K sv650 that costs 2k a year to insure drives me crazy. I know that it's not the bike value that insurance is for, but still)
Like you mentioned though - calling around is the way to go. Maybe I'll be surprised!

Yep fair point re: yolo. I'm going to put some more miles on the CB before jumping into an sv650 though. A little more time might make the decision clearer.
Bike cost is less of a pill for me to swallow. It's the insurance that bothers me more...although that's something I'll likely have to reconcile with. (A $7K sv650 that costs 2k a year to insure drives me crazy. I know that it's not the bike value that insurance is for, but still)
Like you mentioned though - calling around is the way to go. Maybe I'll be surprised!
try TD insurance, was pleasantly surprised by them this year for the bike.

car/home isn't nearly as good tho.

try TD insurance, was pleasantly surprised by them this year for the bike.

car/home isn't nearly as good tho.
TD has been the best rate for me for the past 4 yrs.
Their online quoting tool is very accurate. Gives you the ability to plug in which ever bike you want and comes back with a quote. Accuracy is within a few dollars compared to you calling in.

Back
Top Bottom