Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish! Funny my friend was telling me he's going to Costa Rica in January and mentioned the rainy season, that was my clue. I was going to say Southern Italy first, but thought it can't get that hot in the next couple of months. Well, have fun and we are envious of your riding down there!

Last ride was a week ago, great day, did about 300 km with 2 friends.

Pulled wheels today for new tire install Monday, Tuesday oil / filter change + brake clean up and then done for the season.

In spring, absolutely nothing to do on the bike, 100% ready for a great season of riding.

I'm glad I'm here...
1699945918368.png
and riding again.
Come see :D
Gillies-Highway-from-the-air.jpg
North Tropical Coast and Tablelands for Wednesday. Sunny. Winds E/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/NE in the morning then becoming light in the late evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 12 and 19 with daytime temperatures reaching 29 to 35.

Yesterday was just too nice to not go for a ride! What a beautiful day for November 16th. I think we had snow on the ground last year at this time. I took a little 104km loop to the north and found myself at Terra Nova. That might have been my final ride of the season, we'll see.

IMG_1540.jpg

I also took the day off along with another die hard from our group ... was fantastic and saw 16 - 17C on the readout in the sun. Saw lots of bikes out too, esp in Creemore.

Was a nice enough day to go for a short ride for a couple hours and a coffee in Brighton. It was 12 degrees when I left home and 7 as I turned into the driveway coming back. I didn't bother with heated gear and was fine, though I wouldn't have wanted to ride much farther than up the driveway at 7 degrees.

1700229493764.png

Still riding and enjoying. Forever grateful i run outdoors in winter as i have the right base and mid layer for every situation lol.
(oh and heated grips)

Seems like everyone's in a rush to get out and ride to squeeze every last drop out of the riding season.

When we were riding through Vietnam earlier this year, I found my favorite food - Bahn Mi. It's a Vietnamese submarine sandwich on a French baguette. Ate one pretty much every single day. To my delight I found a Vietnamese snack joint in town so I met my buddy there for lunch:

DSCN5221-X2.jpg

And bubble tea too! :D

Temps today were hovering around 5C, but it was sunny and clear, so lunch turned into a ride around the lake:

map-X2.jpg

westside_1-X2.jpg

I can't believe we live here. This looks almost Mediterranean! Except that we were freezing!

westside_3-X2.jpg

I'm kind of used to the cold temperatures now, having ridden around on my enduro for the last couple of weeks, but on the street, I feel so much colder since we're moving much faster. Especially my toes, which are totally frozen because I'm not up on the pegs and shifting my weight on my feet as much...

DSCN5222-X2.jpg

A great road ride! Not too many of these bluebird days in the forecast left. Gonna make each and every one of them count!

Still riding , pretty much every day except for when we had snow here in Port Perry.

I'm at 53,045 km as of my fill this eve. Behind last year (2022 when) I ended up at 61,086 km for the year.

..Tom

Yesterday was probably my last outing of the season. York Region roads had dried brine lines on them in the morning, from the night before. I got out of York ASAP, and into Durham. No brine there. As the sun was setting, back into York, the temp dropped into single digits, and the roads got damp turning the dried brine into liquid. It may well have been a fresh coating. My boots were covered in a white film. Topped up with fuel and stabilizer, gave the bike a good wash in the dark and parked it inside.

Yesterday was probably my last outing of the season. York Region roads had dried brine lines on them in the morning, from the night before. I got out of York ASAP, and into Durham. No brine there. As the sun was setting, back into York, the temp dropped into single digits, and the roads got damp turning the dried brine into liquid. It may well have been a fresh coating. My boots were covered in a white film. Topped up with fuel and stabilizer, gave the bike a good wash in the dark and parked it inside.
soon as brine is out i call it as well.

i am planning to finish wrenching the mods on early tomorrow and go for a romp at lunch. based on the extended forecast i wager brine is coming to TO very soon.

Did a short ride on the DR Big today, a bit wet and chilly. My carbed bikes are all getting put away for the winter, they don't like the cold as much as their FI/liquid cooled sisters.

I'm down to +5C riding now -- except for my annual Santa ride on the Vstrom which I'll do as long as there is no snow on the roads.

Last Monday morning I was driving, warm day and I see flashing lights coming, it was a brine spraying truck (Leslie and Wellington) It was warm and no threat of cold temperature. I was mad as I wanted to go out Thursday. But once the brine hits that’s the end. Used to be once the salt hits. Oh well, I will ride vicariously through those still riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom