What kind of motorcycle is this? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What kind of motorcycle is this?

That will be my ride when I hit 35 . . . I got 10 years to enjoy the SS

Bah.. get a real muscle cruiser.. check out the Ducati Diavel. Price point is pretty similar, and the Diavel outperforms the V-Rod in *EVERY* aspect.

Bah.. get a real muscle cruiser.. check out the Ducati Diavel. Price point is pretty similar, and the Diavel outperforms the V-Rod in *EVERY* aspect.

How is a 4K dollar price difference a similar price point?

I don't disagree with your second point...but you need to fact check your pricing...

Diavel.....*purrrrrrrrrrrr*

Sex on two wheels :love5:

Diavel.....*purrrrrrrrrrrr*

Sex on two wheels :love5:

I tell you...I don't know how they do it! Thing looks awesome and it's frikkin comfortable!!!

I was blown away. Would love to take one out for a spin.

+1 nice! .. is this your every day ride?

Yeah, it's a bit of a pig once you get downtown, but I work and live out in Mississauga, so it's not too bad.

I really like it so far, but haven't taken any substantial trips on it. We will see how it holds up on the highway (my back that is...)

not the xr1200?

They actually had one of those on the HD demos this weekend. I hear it's a lot of fun. Never tried one though.

Foot position would be very reminiscent of an SS, or at least as close as you can get on a Harley, but I'm not sure the power feeling would be there. Not saying that a VROD does either, but it's definitely closer.

I tell you...I don't know how they do it! Thing looks awesome and it's frikkin comfortable!!!

I was blown away. Would love to take one out for a spin.

Go to Apex Cycle in Waterloo. They've got a demo you can take out if you're interested.
Call and book and appointment.

Thing is freakin' amazing. I want one SOOO bad, especially after the demo ride.
Mind you, it's the Carbon version with Termignoni Full System ($4K!!!)...

Go to Apex Cycle in Waterloo. They've got a demo you can take out if you're interested.
Call and book and appointment.

Thing is freakin' amazing. I want one SOOO bad, especially after the demo ride.
Mind you, it's the Carbon version with Termignoni Full System ($4K!!!)...

Ouch...I'll stick to my VROD thanks...;)

How is a 4K dollar price difference a similar price point?

I don't disagree with your second point...but you need to fact check your pricing...

Well, V-Rod Muscle starts at $16589, Diavel starts at $19000 (both prices from HD and Ducati websites, $CDN) Apex in Waterloo has them for quite a bit less.
For $900 more, it's not even close as to which I'd buy. So, there's a $2.5K difference to start with. Now, to get the V-Rod hopped up a bit (which the Duc in no way needs), you're going to spend $2K easy on pipes and a tune. Still no where near the performance of the Duc...

No comparison if you ask me.

Well, V-Rod Muscle starts at $16589, Diavel starts at $19000 (both prices from HD and Ducati websites, $CDN) Apex in Waterloo has them for quite a bit less.
For $900 more, it's not even close as to which I'd buy. So, there's a $2.5K difference to start with. Now, to get the V-Rod hopped up a bit (which the Duc in no way needs), you're going to spend $2K easy on pipes and a tune. Still no where near the performance of the Duc...

No comparison if you ask me.

You're comparing the "upgraded" VROD with the "low graded" Diavel. You're trying to prove a point that doesn't exist. Also, I have no idea where your $900 dollars is coming from.

Don't know where you are getting your prices, but GP Bikes has the Diavel Red for 19459. The NRS is 16,249 for the base model. So we're 3k out of the box and I haven't even added taxes yet. I know a NRS will walk out of the dealership for under $20k. Using the same math, you end up with a 23,688 for the Diavel. Almost a $4k dollar difference, like I said in the first place. Don't even get me started on the Carbon model. If you'd like to compare the Carbon to the Muscle, I can only assure you the math gets worse.

FYI, I can't argue your Apex price because they don't even have one on their website. So you can make up whatever number you want to try and justify your case.

I'm not disputing it's a fantastic bike. If I have the money and didn't love my VROD, I'd consider buying one. And it's ok to love the bike and justify if however you want, however don't try and make up some story about "they are basically the same price" when they quite clearly aren't.

And you can stage 1 a VROD for about $1200 bucks if you do it right. Again not saying it will make it a Diavel, just get your facts straight about a bike you're trying to discredit before you post it up and try to make up stuff that just ain't true.

Must be me, but the Diavel is so ugly. Tried the Nightrod at the Demo ride, wasn't a fan of the fat rear tire in the corners. Really liked the 1200 sportster 48 tho.

You're comparing the "upgraded" VROD with the "low graded" Diavel. You're trying to prove a point that doesn't exist. Also, I have no idea where your $900 dollars is coming from.

My bad. forgot to erase the $900 part when composing the message. As for Up vs. Low grade, I'm trying to make the point that even with upgrades, the HD is still nowhere near the Duc in any fashion.

FYI, I can't argue your Apex price because they don't even have one on their website. So you can make up whatever number you want to try and justify your case.
Somebody's got their panties in a knot today. Maybe Apex suggesting a lower price to me because I know the owner a bit (not well though), but please, don't insinuate I'm a liar.

I'm not disputing it's a fantastic bike. If I have the money and didn't love my VROD, I'd consider buying one. And it's ok to love the bike and justify if however you want, however don't try and make up some story about "they are basically the same price" when they quite clearly aren't.
Ah, now I see why we're being defensive. You're emotionally involved because you own a VROD. (same as minor sports - people can't referee teams or players that they are related to in several different ways). Now, please, don't take that out context - I'm using that as an example. I'd react the same way about my Buell 1125r if someone started slackjawing it.

As for my "basically same price" -- I guess I should have clarified - again, my mistake. A VROD with a whack of upgrades still doesn't compare to the basic Diavel (compare any numbers or reports). I rolled the price of upgrades into my basic train of thought - and as above, should have clarified.

And you can stage 1 a VROD for about $1200 bucks if you do it right. Again not saying it will make it a Diavel, just get your facts straight about a bike you're trying to discredit before you post it up and try to make up stuff that just ain't true.
Not discrediting the VROD - it's the only HD I would ever consider buying (and I bought my Buell after HD shut them down, so it doesn't count... hehehehe.... )
Just said the VROD doesn't compete with the Diavel. Period.
Diavel review, comments about VMax and VROD included here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...rers/ducati/8314384/Ducati-Diavel-review.html

Won't post in this thread again, I'm done.

Last edited:
My bad. forgot to erase the $900 part when composing the message. As for Up vs. Low grade, I'm trying to make the point that even with upgrades, the HD is still nowhere near the Duc in any fashion.

Somebody's got their panties in a knot today. Maybe Apex suggesting a lower price to me because I know the owner a bit (not well though), but please, don't insinuate I'm a liar.

Ah, now I see why we're being defensive. You're emotionally involved because you own a VROD. (same as minor sports - people can't referee teams or players that they are related to in several different ways). Now, please, don't take that out context - I'm using that as an example. I'd react the same way about my Buell 1125r if someone started slackjawing it.

As for my "basically same price" -- I guess I should have clarified - again, my mistake. A VROD with a whack of upgrades still doesn't compare to the basic Diavel (compare any numbers or reports). I rolled the price of upgrades into my basic train of thought - and as above, should have clarified.

Thank you for proving my point. I never once claimed or stated the VROD was the same bike or even in the same class. If you'll recall, you actually stated tried to make that comparison, not I.

Diavel is a much more expensive option, although I will admit you're getting what you pay for.

And as for panties in a knot, you CAN make up any number you want...that's a fact. And your "special deal"... which good for you by the way, I don't know anyone "dealing" on Ducati's... is not available to the everyday joe in this thread. Hence, my point is proven once again.

You keep bringing up performance when I'm talking about price. I have never once claimed the VROD was the same machine.

You're wrong, you've finally sort of admitted it and you've moved on. All is well in the world tonight.

Back
Top Bottom