What are conditions on Southwood 13 , 26 (Frank Miller), 7 thru Port Sandfield to 632 to Rosseau | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are conditions on Southwood 13 , 26 (Frank Miller), 7 thru Port Sandfield to 632 to Rosseau

Going wide anywhere is riding over your ability and usually it is the slower less experoenced riders

Even the best track day riders will be forced to veer into oncoming traffic if there's a pile of gravel or a branch on the road around one of those tight corners.

I almost got up close and personal with a crotch rocket last week when he came around a corner on Southwood doing way over the limit and saw at the very last second that there was a drift of gravel on the exit of the corner. Fortunately, I saw him through the trees as he was approaching the corner and then saw the gravel in his lane. If I hadn't anticipated what was going to happen and slowed way down, the guy would have either hit my truck or ridden through the gravel at speed while leaned way over.

If you can't see the exit of the corner, assume that there is something that will kill you just beyond where you can see. We're riding on poorly maintained public roads, not closed tracks. Experience, skill and riding ability are worthless if you don't recognize that conditions can and will change really quickly.

Back
Top Bottom