Threat of death as a resonable defence? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Threat of death as a resonable defence?

OP could plead guilty with explanation, maybe get it reduced to a 15 over and get no points. So he'd still pay a fine but not suffer for years after from the insurance.

dude.... Insurance don't care about points. Depending on the company, he could suffer for 1km/hr over.

dude.... Insurance don't care about points. Depending on the company, he could suffer for 1km/hr over.

You might want to read the whole paragraph. Not only are you quoting out of context, you twisted his meaning.

Kyle, a couple points...

1. Your reaction was voluntary
2. Your reaction was not your ONLY reasonable option to remove yourself from the danger
3. The danger wasn't an immediate danger

All these things are working against you.

Hate to say it, but I only see the prosecutor reducing (not dismissing) the charge.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I have put in a request to see the prosecutor any depending on what they can can offer me I will decide to move to a trial or not. I'm basically looking to see it reduced to a non moving violation however based on the responses I doubt it will be coming that low.

Kind of upsetting that this will probably end up costing me 4000 bucks in ticket/insurance increase over 3 years, for what I personally feel shouldn't have been an issue. Oh well.

Thanks again,
Kyle

He won't make it a non-moving violation. If you accept anything more, even a 1km/h over ticket, it will look the same as what you already got to your insurance company. Hire Redline. I don't work for them or get paid by them or have any affiliations with them other than being a satisfied customer.

Not a good defense imo. If the threat of death was that bad I would have pulled over and stopped which is another option than speeding away and becoming a hazard with the increased speed. Also now being scared for your life how are you going to have your mind fully on riding safely. Your going to be distracted thinking about the ******* your running from.
Sucks you got caught but I would look for a better defense.

Back
Top Bottom