The pope comes to town. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The pope comes to town.

And THIS is how you hedge your bets.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F01ac710a-3e99-11e9-889c-a7e27b96460c.jpg

Haven't done much research but someone mentioned to me all of the x's they mark on the ground that they think are bodies, may just be organic matter? I don't think very many have actually been dug up to investigate. Very speculative at this point. Correct me if I'm wrong.
But yes, what a colossal waste of money flying this guy and entourage around.

@Mikedezo44 you are correct...nothing has been dug up so no one really knows what is underground...I watched a video on YouTube about this and the technology they used (some type of sonography) is only able to detect depressions in the ground, but not what is actually in them if anything...only time will tell I guess...

@Mikedezo44 you are correct...nothing has been dug up so no one really knows what is underground...I watched a video on YouTube about this and the technology they used (some type of sonography) is only able to detect depressions in the ground, but not what is actually in them if anything...only time will tell I guess...
I will be shocked if many are ever excavated. By finding anomalies in the ground, decendents of those that did terrible things get a chance to apologize. If they start digging, either the anomalies are not human graves and the outrage collapses or they are and not much happens. I dont think either side really wants them excavated en mass.

Scanning the country fits the narrative. Government gets to say they tried and they looked everywhere (and light a ton of money on fire in the process). When/if it gets to the point of murdered kids coming up, funding will disappear.

In the past they promised compensation
They? Who is they?
The papal diocese never promised compensation or reneged on compensation.
Wasn't the "they" you refer to the Saskatchewan diocese?
Not the same people... or the way they look at it, a different corporation. The catholic church has the BEST lawyers... even better that Trump's lawyers.

We were waiting for the POPE to acknowledge the harm the catholic church has done to Canadian indigenous... pope didn't.
We were waiting for the POPE to acknowledge the catholic church's participation in THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA'S attempt to eradicate Canada's indigenous peoples by cultural genocide (Justin said sorry a couple of years ago, so WE [you and me] are good).
We were waiting for the POPE to release any paperwork/records in the papal archives that relate to Canadian indigenous peoples... the pope did not

The nice lady that broke the story about the underground anomalies, that was hired by an indigenous group to investigate using ground penetrating radar warned them NOT to jump to any conclusions, that these anomalies could be any number of things.
... WELLL, conclusions were jumped to... and NOT by indigenous peoples. NY Times was the worst (and they still have not corrected the stories).
NY Times reported mass graves of hundreds of POOR massacred children in Kamloops. The local indigenous historians KNEW they were looking at a Roman Catholic cemetery, that had been used for more than a century, by the locals, the school, Protestants... it was the local cemetery, that wasn't kept up.
Kamloops isn't the only place this has happened.

Popes visit had a measurable effect on first nations mental health. Demand for firts-nations crisis help doubled. Time will tell if long-term effect was positive or negative.

I will be shocked if many are ever excavated. By finding anomalies in the ground, decendents of those that did terrible things get a chance to apologize. If they start digging, either the anomalies are not human graves and the outrage collapses or they are and not much happens. I dont think either side really wants them excavated en mass.

Scanning the country fits the narrative. Government gets to say they tried and they looked everywhere (and light a ton of money on fire in the process). When/if it gets to the point of murdered kids coming up, funding will disappear.
The offended parties are concerned that nothing will be found and the funding for searches and compensation will stop.

The offending parties are concerned that something evil will be found and huge amounts of money will be demanded.

The leaders of both side are better off if the issues can literally remain buried and just enough cash thrown about to fill the pockets of the leaders and make everyone else think progress is being made.

Another on-point article from The Beaverton.

I didn't know whether to click on the Like, Sad or Angry emoticon.

Some people don't apologize enough or properly and some victims can't or won't accept it when everything that could be done is done.

The indigenous people aren't the only ones that suffered from the ignorance of the past. What about left handed people being smacked in school for writing with their natural hand, gays, dyslexics, people with spectrum disorders, etc.

What about the motorcyclists maimed and their life plans destroyed by an errant driver?

Do they get their legs or mobility back?

At some point the individual victim has to accept the loss and live the rest of their life. It really helps if they get a sincere apology and meaningful compensation but I can't help but feel the leaders working the big scam instead of trying to get people moving on.

The nice lady that broke the story about the underground anomalies, that was hired by an indigenous group to investigate using ground penetrating radar warned them NOT to jump to any conclusions, that these anomalies could be any number of things.
... WELLL, conclusions were jumped to... and NOT by indigenous peoples. NY Times was the worst (and they still have not corrected the stories).
NY Times reported mass graves of hundreds of POOR massacred children in Kamloops. The local indigenous historians KNEW they were looking at a Roman Catholic cemetery, that had been used for more than a century, by the locals, the school, Protestants... it was the local cemetery, that wasn't kept up.
Kamloops isn't the only place this has happened.
Sometimes we need our non indigenous elders to shed light on things. My grandfather volunteered for the Anglican church in Winnipeg in the 20s, 30s, and as a grave digger. He worked along side men of all faith digging 'pauper' graves.

These were unmarked, used to bury poor, unidentified, and a lot of young children taken by various diseases of the time. There are many of these scattered around his home town of Winnipeg.

The number of deceased children found in res school graves does not seem inconsistent with mortality rates at the time, and was lower than in most indigenous communities.

It is sad to know that despite the option to claim their deceased, indigenous communities didnt always claim their deceased, AND the keepers if these children had no responsibility to return deceased children to their families or provide marked graves.

Sometimes we need our non indigenous elders to shed light on things. My grandfather volunteered for the Anglican church in Winnipeg in the 20s, 30s, and as a grave digger. He worked along side men of all faith digging 'pauper' graves.

These were unmarked, used to bury poor, unidentified, and a lot of young children taken by various diseases of the time. There are many of these scattered around his home town of Winnipeg.

The number of deceased children found in res school graves does not seem inconsistent with mortality rates at the time, and was lower than in most indigenous communities.

It is sad to know that despite the option to claim their deceased, indigenous communities didnt always claim their deceased, AND the keepers if these children had no responsibility to return deceased children to their families or provide marked graves.

I have an aunt, stillborn, buried somewhere in depression era Manitoba. I should check to see if there are any records of where.

I suspect there was no autopsy, elaborate funeral or marker. The family emigrated to New Zealand so no one to care for the site.

If the remains are ever discovered does it mean a criminal investigation for something common in the day?

I have an aunt, stillborn, buried somewhere in depression era Manitoba. I should check to see if there are any records of where.

I suspect there was no autopsy, elaborate funeral or marker. The family emigrated to New Zealand so no one to care for the site.

If the remains are ever discovered does it mean a criminal investigation for something common in the day?
Nope. I have 6 relatives aunts and uncles that fell to various childhood diseases that were buried in Western Canada in unmarked graves.

I wonder what the Pope would say if he knew that all of this came t light a number of years ago during the Truth and Reconciliation Hearings and that it "conveniently" resurfaced recently to cover the azzes of the politicians who allowed thousands of our seniors to die needlessly, The military medical personnel went into the seniors homes and nursing homes and found untrained staff, abuse, neglect, incompetence and mismanagement. What did our governments do? Gave them more of our money. What did the media do? Ignored it during provincial and federal elections and continued to distract us with what "those people" did 30, 50, 100 years ago.. What did we do? Re-elected the guilty. Take a look in the mirror

I'm not posting the link but I ran across a YouTube video that gave the original lyrics to "Oh Susanna" and the second verse was not politically correct, but those were the times, the historical settings of 1846.

The original lyrics help describe the conditions of the times, pre US civil war, but anyone performing the original song today would be forever banned from any PC gathering. KKK would welcome them.

Should we forget Nazism, the holocaust, racist settings?

No. I don't think so but the population needs to be educated to understand why it was wrong and how to adjust for a realistic balance with regards to the history of others.

Misogyny is alive and active. We need to study why and what can be done to reverse the attitude. "Jobs for men only" used to include truck driving, largely because few women had the upper body strength to turn the wheel or leg power to push the clutch pedal. Power steering and automatic transmissions changed the game. What other false notions abound with regards to the supposedly weaker sex?

Yesterday I heard a lady on the radio , she may have been an MP , didn’t listen to it all , she was a lady of Color. She would like the federal government to apologize for our role in slavery and start to make reparations. The British abolished slavery in territories in 1834? About 30+ yrs before Canada even existed as a country ?
Wow , I think .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Yesterday I heard a lady on the radio , she may have been an MP , didn’t listen to it all , she was a lady of Color. She would like the federal government to apologize for our role in slavery and start to make reparations. The British abolished slavery in territories in 1834? About 30+ yrs before Canada even existed as a country ?
Wow , I think .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Did she start the Dundas Street issue and where has that fiasco gone?

There are problems in various racial communities and they need to be addressed with forward looking education not rearward looking cash handouts which is the usual pattern.

Back
Top Bottom