The pope comes to town. | GTAMotorcycle.com

The pope comes to town.

He doesn’t need to bring his cheque book. Why does everyone equate saying sorry has to include a financial offering ?
Doesn’t burning some sage grass get the job done anymore?
Yes some very awful things transpired, when they include religion and specifically the Catholics , but enough already.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

He doesn’t need to bring his cheque book. Why does everyone equate saying sorry has to include a financial offering ?
Yes some very awful things transpired, when they include religion and specifically the Catholics , but enough already.

Last I heard we were paying a small fortune to support his tour. Screw that. Let the church pay.

Edit:
Yup. Jt threw in 35M. Loser.

The little ones taking the dirt nap aren't suffering. The ones that lived thru it will suffer till they do the same. The mental anguish of being molested as a child would be huge.
Any move forward would be a move in a positive direction. But sadly, nothing will ever fix it.

For all practical purposes.... it is the current CEO of a company coming to apologize for the past wrong doings of said company. Is the apology more about the company's reputation/marketing or the victims' suffering??? Is the current CEO responsible for the multiple CEO's ago wrong doing? At the same time a contingent went to Rome and said we need you to come here and apologize, when he does another group says that is wrong or not enough and I have no problem with either other than that was expected. Nothing will fix the past wrong doings, nothing.

All just food for thought.

What should be done outside of this context....make these companies pay taxes...

The little ones taking the dirt nap aren't suffering. The ones that lived thru it will suffer till they do the same. The mental anguish of being molested as a child would be huge.
Any move forward would be a move in a positive direction. But sadly, nothing will ever fix it.
About the only real consolation is finally being believed.

I found out the truth about some family issues after 70 years and it helps.

Tax the churches.
And the Mosques, and the Synagogues, and the Mandirs etc etc etc. While we are at it, we should tax all the charities and NGOs who's CEOs etc make millions while very little actually gets to where its needed, and tax the giant corporations that dodge taxes like neo in the matrix dodges bullets.

Our infrastructure and health system would be amazing with the extra money, though politicians would probably piss it all away and we'd be at square one.

Teachers have molested more kids then preists over the last century... Noone asks the Teachers union to apologize to everyone and the teachers pension plan isnt paying any damages claims...

Personally I'd be all for public executions for convicted child molesters. Though it seems there is a push to normalize pedos with the map tag people are trying to add to the LGBTQ movement.

And the Mosques, and the Synagogues, and the Mandirs etc etc etc. While we are at it, we should tax all the charities and NGOs who's CEOs etc make millions while very little actually gets to where its needed, and tax the giant corporations that dodge taxes like neo in the matrix dodges bullets.

Our infrastructure and health system would be amazing with the extra money, though politicians would probably piss it all away and we'd be at square one.

Teachers have molested more kids then preists over the last century... Noone asks the Teachers union to apologize to everyone and the teachers pension plan isnt paying any damages claims...

Personally I'd be all for public executions for convicted child molesters. Though it seems there is a push to normalize pedos with the map tag people are trying to add to the LGBTQ movement.
The topic is about the Pope and the Catholic Church and the unmarked graves.

Schools and teachers unions do not protect their pedophiles the way that the church does.

It's a step, a photo-op, and a (possible) new direction...but doubtful.

Thing is that an apology = compensation to a lot of people. That why governments try not to use the word 'apology'. There are regrets, thoughts and prayers, but rarely apologies. Those are identified as confirmation of wrong doing.

While it's a horrible situation, and as a Catholic the Pope is basically our 'CEO', I don't see this as anything more than PR to appease the masses.

'Yes, we did horrible things many years ago and have learned from our sins.'

A now retired Buddy was RCMP responsible for the Popes visit on the ‘80s , his comment we could fly every Canadian Catholic to Rome for less than it costs to host this churchy gong show.
I’m not sure he should travel on my dime .

In the past they promised compensation but renieged while spend many millions on churches in the mean time

04fb7e7fa7beccb8922b632f32e12e6333b22e881662c5d459638bab1fb0005c_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom