Staged accidents all time high. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Staged accidents all time high.

"Oh my neck" from a car reversing into yours at what... maybe 10 kph at the most... is going to raise a lot of questions from the insurance company!

I thought so to but then figured the car behind you is prob gonna gas it into ya. Hey I found all of this to Be b.s. myself but this is what they said on the radio interview with the insurance rep.(I forget what company he represented.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

i've had someone try the two cars on the highway routine where one brakes hard, that's what staying aware does, so i avoided that one. as for people who wave you through even though they have the right of way, i just wait until they move on, so many times someone might mean well to wave you on but might not be aware of their surroundings. and generally give space and don't be in a rush...as for the popo being involved, not surprised, check out the corruption of division 51 i believe, everyone gets investigated in there.

Given this day and age and our city, I'm not surprised at all to here about scams like this.

I think the scam works if they hit somebody who can be intimidated by the situation and is afraid of the consequence of higher insurance premiums. So the scammer pleas with them and tells them they will take cash to fix their car and not report the accident. Unless of course the goal of the scam is to sue you through the use of an accident lawyer. If thats the case, there is only so many times you could do it because it would start to look suspicious if you had a lot of accidents.

Whether it works or not is one thing but Im not surprised at all to hear people try stuff like this. Real lowlives linger in the GTA.

So the scammer pleas with them and tells them they will take cash to fix their car and not report the accident. Unless of course the goal of the scam is to sue you through the use of an accident lawyer.
Suing you for a minor bump crash is pointless in Ontario's no-fault insurance jurisdiction because you have to meet a seriously high injury threshhold (as in catastrophic or permanently disfiguring) before you can sue.

Where the scammers win is through accident benefits insurance coverage. They take their accident report to an accomplice in a soft tissue rehab "clinic", and then bill the insurance company for thousands of dollars to treat a non-existent soft tissue injury. The "injured"party and the clinician split the proceeds. When you have several complicit "injured" parties involved in the crash, the total payoff can be quite high.

Last edited:
Suing you for a minor bump crash is pointless in Ontario's no-fault insurance jurisdiction because you have to meet an seriously high injury threshhold (as in catastrophic or permanently disfiguring) before you can sue.

Where the scammers win is through accident benefits insurance coverage. They take their accident report to an accomplice in a soft tissue rehab "clinic", and then bill the insurance company for thousands of dollars to treat a non-existent soft tissue injury. The "injured"party and the clinician split the proceeds. When you have several complicit "injured" parties involved in the crash, the total payoff can be quite high.

And it goes real deep apparently. From the tow truck driver, doctor,and it would seem the odd cop gets his cut as well. I want cameras in my car now.

Cops aren't generally necessary in this sort of a scam. However, it looks like guys like Carlton Watson sure can help.. Kudos to Peel for getting on his ***.

Since the changes on september first the benefits to do thins have gone down drastically.

Since the changes on september first the benefits to do thins have gone down drastically.

With accident rates lowering and lower Accident benefits for the same cost our insurance premiums better be heading south soon. I won't hold my breath though.

With accident rates lowering and lower Accident benefits for the same cost our insurance premiums better be heading south soon. I won't hold my breath though.

Won't happen. You have to buy your health index back. It roughly an extra $100 a year.

Suspended with pay. Sickening...

"Oh you're possibly scamming insurance companies? Here take a paid vacation while the lawyers we have for you get everything in order. We have plenty of taxpayer money."

"Oh you're possibly scamming insurance companies? Here take a paid vacation while the lawyers we have for you get everything in order. We have plenty of taxpayer money."

+1000000000000000000000
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And people wonder where the backlash against police comes from.

I sure as hell hope the police union lawyers aren't involved. They should only be involved in a case of something while doing your job not selling your services to crooks. Police need more checks and balances not less.

How come this works with cops? I can guarantee that if I got caught selling drugs or something on company time they wouldn't be paying for my legal fees.

How come this works with cops? I can guarantee that if I got caught selling drugs or something on company time they wouldn't be paying for my legal fees and my wages.

Good question. Depending on how bored I am at work, I may research this.
Also fixed.

Back
Top Bottom