Site Suggestion - include feature for user options to ignore/block forums | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Site Suggestion - include feature for user options to ignore/block forums

It will certainly require active moderation to move posts that are political in nature from inside threads, but fack, I'll certainly volunteer to report all these posts when they crop up, to make the mods lives easier.
What I heard was... Lightcycle nominated for Mod Status... anyone second?

CSM rules from ADVRider

The CS&M Forum Rules:

Just like politics, religion, and finances are not polite to raise at dinner, they also are topics that should not be raised in other forums. The "Church, State & Money" forum is here specifically for those discussions.

Keeping in mind the subject matter, threads will be moderated a bit more strictly than in the general area. A few general rules to keep in mind:

- There will be heated discussions here, which is understandable, since people feel passionately about these topics. However, under no circumstances are threats allowed, physical or otherwise. This includes threats of legal action or threats involving an inmate's employment. Likewise, even casual comments that someone or some group should be hung, shot, executed, or other similar remarks don't fly.

- The idea of this forum is to promote intelligent discussion (hard as that may be to believe. ) If you simply cut n' paste, your post will be merged. We've all seen the emails from your crazy uncle before, and we all can read editorials from the newspapers at their websites. Try to add to the discussion.

- If you start a thread on a subject that has been hashed over 100x before, don't be surprised if it is merged into an existing thread on the same topic.

- While in Church, State & Money, please refrain from starting threads that do not fit in the forum. Keep that stuff for the general JoMomma area.

- Needless dickery is frowned upon. Repeat offenders will be banned.

Oh, one more thing. The moderators' decisions are final. Don't
whine about it.

P&R (politics and religion) fits better since we’re not a “State”, IMHO.

And the sooner I can block it, the better.

Haha, there are a few people on here who would probably object...

Can we have that sub-forum though? As a mod, I'll be more than happy to kick all Political posts to the garb... er that sub-forum in that case.
We already have that.... it's called romper room and trash talk.

General discussion is for MOTORCYCLE related topics (this is called GTAMotorcycle.com)
Romper Room is for all other discussions because we don't just live and breath motorcycles
Trash talk is where threads go when people can't seem to have a reasonable discussion without swearing

Consideration is being given to the suggestions here, but needs to be managed and weighed with the bigger picture and purpose of this website and it's intent.

Consideration is being given to the suggestions here, but needs to be managed and weighed with the bigger picture and purpose of this website and it's intent.

$15 a year for a plugin that will provide much wanted functionality for a lot of members here who have expressed a desire similar to myself to keep the forum about motorcycles, instead of politics.

Several of us have offered to even pay for the costs associated with the yearly subscription for that plugin.

Members can turn it on if they want, anyone who doesn't care leaves it off and it's invisible and has no effect whatsoever.

Set it so that it's off by default and it has zero effect on Google crawlers and whatnot so no effect on SEO.

Win win, no?

$15 a year for a plugin that will provide much wanted functionality for a lot of members here who have expressed a desire similar to myself to keep the forum about motorcycles, instead of politics.

Several of us have offered to even pay for the costs associated with the yearly subscription for that plugin.

Members can turn it on if they want, anyone who doesn't care leaves it off and it's invisible and has no effect whatsoever.

Set it so that it's off by default and it has zero effect on Google crawlers and whatnot so no effect on SEO.

Win win, no?

Yeah, that plug-in works on threads as well, so as long as all politics content gets moved to appropriate threads, that should tuck it away from sight, sound and (bad) smell.

Stromtrooper has an opt in section Trooper Arena for the toxic US politics.
Not seen unless you choose to participate. No cost involved.

This would work as well. P&R specific forum. On by default, sure. But able to be turned off.

I’m surprised that the default permissions setup for Xenforo don’t allow this sort of thing out of the box honestly, no plugins required - pretty sure I could have done that with default capabilities in vBulletin, phpBB even maybe, but admittedly Xen is one forum software I have zero experience with from an admin perspective. But it sure seems powerful and slick from a user perspective.

I believe this thread is now on track. Some posts were moved, moderated and others deemed not relevant were nuked.

@PrivatePilot i'm not sure if making your post the first one has unlocked the ability to modify the title. If you`re not happy with what i've written feel free to change it or let me know what you would prefer it changed to.

Back
Top Bottom