Rode to Ottawa from Toronto on a 250 Ninja. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rode to Ottawa from Toronto on a 250 Ninja.

evang

Site Supporter
Yesterday i rode from Toronto to Ottawa on a 250 Ninja.. Weather was supposed to be crap so i took highway 7. Didn't want to deal with crap weather on the 401. Scenery was waaaay better on the highway 7, but it took me 6 hours with stops!

Holy hell is my back/***/knees/ankes sore today! Not looking forward to doing it again tomorrow in the rain this time!

Yesterday i rode from Toronto to Ottawa on a 250 Ninja.. Weather was supposed to be crap so i took highway 7. Didn't want to deal with crap weather on the 401. Scenery was waaaay better on the highway 7, but it took me 6 hours with stops!

Holy hell is my back/***/knees/ankes sore today! Not looking forward to doing it again tomorrow in the rain this time!

How did you haul your luggage, backpack?

saddle bags and a larger tank bag. i had a backpack but only had a small CD book and headphones in it.

I used to do a little vehicle hauling a few years ago and I will agree that Ottawa to Toronto is a much better drive through Hwy 7.
Haven't been up that way in a while though, I should find a reason to go up there.

Having lunch on Parliament Hill is as good a reason as any. I've ridden out and back in one day twice in my riding career. Pretty sore at the end of the day, but makes for a fun one.

Calabogie! It's 3/4 of the way there.

Cheer up, evang. Earlier this month I rode from Toronto to Pittsburgh in cold rain, and yes it was tiring and I was sore afterward, but after a night in a warm motel, I rode 1100 kilometers the next day. I think that you may get used to long rides if you do more of them. I have been taking long rides ever since 2006, and nowadays I consider the distance from Toronto to Ottawa and back routine. Just be glad your aches and stiffness are mild and go away in time. Lots of people have to deal with chronic pain, with medication if they can afford it; otherwise, they simply tough it out.

Enjoy your ride, or maybe only some of your ride.
Summer is coming; I know because I am in Florida now,
and the weather is plenty warm enough for me!

Are we supposed to be impressed it was a 250cc or that the weather was crap??? Not sure why people here have this complex that 250cc bikes are crap..
Anyway, good for you to brave the weather etc and ride.

Are we supposed to be impressed it was a 250cc or that the weather was crap??? Not sure why people here have this complex that 250cc bikes are crap..
Anyway, good for you to brave the weather etc and ride.

I don't have complex about it being crap. I did BUY one after all. ;)
It's an awesome little bike. However, i'm 6'2" so it's a little... well, little!

Rode mine to Cape Breton and back in 4 days last may through ridiculous rain in freezing weather. Still have to do a write up of that miserable trip lol.

I don't have complex about it being crap. I did BUY one after all. ;)
It's an awesome little bike. However, i'm 6'2" so it's a little... well, little!

Yikes !! Yeah, that would explain why you're hurting!!! Wow.

polls_Want_A_Cookie_2439_236871_poll_xlarge.jpeg

On a side note, you were probably alot more comfy on the 250 than you would be on any supersport. Its actually alot better than it looks. Then again I completely changed the stock set up.

Welcome to Ottawa....

Regardless of the weather, 7 is the only way to go no a bike unless you somehow like riding on the 400 series highways. Have a safe ride back to Toronto today. Too bad the weather still sucks. Hope you have good rain gear.

That's really awesome you rode all that way on your 250. I have to agree the 250 is very comfortable.

On another note, I heard that Chuck Norris once broke the land speed record on a bicycle that was missing its chain and the back tire

:p

Have a good monday everyone!

Welcome to Ottawa....

Regardless of the weather, 7 is the only way to go no a bike unless you somehow like riding on the 400 series highways. Have a safe ride back to Toronto today. Too bad the weather still sucks. Hope you have good rain gear.

Rode in on Friday. The weather ended up being amazing.

Rode back to Toronto yesterday and the weather was anything but amazing. cold and raining for the last 3. Really glad i bought that rainsuit and stopped at Royal on the way to Ottawa to get some new pants and waterproof gloves!

I hadn't done a lot of highway, at least for long periods. Taking this trip defintely helped improve my confidence. Glad i did it and can't wait to do another.

Good to hear you made it back safe and sound, a long rain ride will definitely improve your riding skills. This nice on Friday / Saturday, rain on Sunday seems to be the trend for the season so far.

Rode my 250cc KYMCO Venox to Montreal last year. It's a Taiwanese cruiser (don't think Korean! Much better lol). Was really comfortable hauling me and a week's worth of stuff. I took the 400-series highways and the weather was nice though.
http://ourlittleadventures.com/toronto-to-ottawa-and-montreal.html

If you're thinking of going back some time let me know.

I would like to head more east next time.. maybe quebec city.. or head west to thunderbay!

I'd also like to do ride into the states.

Back
Top Bottom