ridersdiscount | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ridersdiscount

Do they price match? I'll buy off them if they match prices from stores such as SBTG.

They do alot better than price match.

And they send stuff to me via mail service instead of shipping. I have yet to pay any duty or broker fees, although it can happen even in the mail, just seems to be less frquent.

As an example:
I bought a 3 way adjustable ohlins shock with hi and lo speed comp, rebound, ride height adjustment and hyrdrailic preload adjuster-basically the top of the line best shock Ohlins ever made before the TTX.
MSRP on it was $1450 US.......I paid $800 mailed.
Shift Vertex race suit.....MSRP $1199 US....a few shops were selling them for $899.... I paid $680 mailed......I have gotten some incredible deals from TJ at Riders Discount and will continue to buy from him. He returns calls and is very service oriented. I just bought a couple helmets from him last week. Happy with his prices and service.
I have only met a few other people in the bike business who do this. There are some things that TJ hasn't been able to get me the best prices on, or didn't have access to, that, for example, I can and did get from a GTAM site supporter, who just happens to support our racing as well. Things ike HM Quickshifters, I got from BlueStreakRacing. No one could or would touch his pricing anywher in North America.....even a couple other local retailers offered quickshifters that were inferior by design, and more money.......I am a pretty savvy shopper, and can often find great deals....and sometimes I don't mind paying a little more for service and good conversation. A little more...But I know better than to get soaked by a local shop who can't or won't remain compepetive.
Tony at Bluestreak, Donald at Platinum, Simon at Topendz, Pra at Bombay Motorsports, and TJ at Riders Discount....These guys are all fantastic retailers and will and do get my buisiness all the time. And with 5 bikes, street, race, and dirt, I shop lots.
Most others don't seem to want my business.
Try emailing Condor Racing and see if you can even get a reply...I can't. As good at what he does, as Ryan is, it seems he doesn't want the business.

Last edited:
They do alot better than price match.

And they send stuff to me via mail service instead of shipping. I have yet to pay any duty or broker fees, although it can happen even in the mail, hjustr seems to be less frquent.

As an example:
I bought a 3 way sjustable ohlins shock with ride height adjustment and hyrdrailic preload adjuster-basically the top of the line best shock Ohlins ever made before the TTX.
MSRP on it was $1450 US.......I paid $800 mailed.
Shift Vertex race suit.....MSRP $1199 US. I paid $680 mailed......I have gotten some incredible deals from TJ at Riders Discount and will continue to buy from him. He returns calls and is very service oriented.
I have only met a few other people in the bike business who do this.
Tony at Bluestreak, Donald at Platinum, Simon at Topendz, Pra at Bombay Motorsports, and TJ at Riders Discount.
Most others don't seem to want my business.
Try emailing Condor Racing and see if you can even get a reply...I can't. As good at what he does, as Ryan is, it seems he doesn't want the business.

That's cool. I'll definitely be buying stuff from them. Just gonna talk to them about DHL and make sure that I won't pay any outrageous brokerage fees. Don't care if they send via DHL or USPS just as long as I don't get brokerage fees garbage.

they ship DHL Global Mail...
Global Mail isn't really a courier service so there's no hefty brokerage

i've ordered all my gear from them, and i've only been dinged on customs once for $30 on my helmet

their customer service is amazing, and they keep you in the loop

i've always gotten tracking numbers for my shipments tho

That's cool. I'll definitely be buying stuff from them. Just gonna talk to them about DHL and make sure that I won't pay any outrageous brokerage fees. Don't care if they send via DHL or USPS just as long as I don't get brokerage fees garbage.

I just ordered from them and did a positive review over in the reviews section of this forum. They can ship it from their warehouse with USPS or DHL but they will only bring it to Canada Customs at the border. From there once it clears customs, the final package will be delivered to you by Canada Post who will only collect the appropriate taxes and a $5.00 handling fee. My order was shipped from them with USPS to the border and I was given a tracking #. If they have switched to DHL, it is very recent as I placed my order only about a month ago.

Just note that Canada Customs can hold packages for up to 30 days without reason. This is something Riders Discount has no control over unless they were to ship with a commercial carrier like UPS but then you'd get hit with the brokerage fee. Guys like FedEx or UPS (especially UPS) can charge you whatever they want for brokerage because the package never leaves their hands from shipping to delivery; meaning they do the customs brokerage and help speed up the clearance process at the border. Companies like UPS will do this electronically even while your package is still en route and most packages are cleared virtually immediately. They do this so they can guarantee or maintain a service level for delivery time, but you obviously pay for it in the form of a brokerage fee.

I just ordered from them and did a positive review over in the reviews section of this forum. They can ship it from their warehouse with USPS or DHL but they will only bring it to Canada Customs at the border. From there once it clears customs, the final package will be delivered to you by Canada Post who will only collect the appropriate taxes and a $5.00 handling fee. My order was shipped from them with USPS to the border and I was given a tracking #. If they have switched to DHL, it is very recent as I placed my order only about a month ago.

Just note that Canada Customs can hold packages for up to 30 days without reason. This is something Riders Discount has no control over unless they were to ship with a commercial carrier like UPS but then you'd get hit with the brokerage fee. Guys like FedEx or UPS (especially UPS) can charge you whatever they want for brokerage because the package never leaves their hands from shipping to delivery; meaning they do the customs brokerage and help speed up the clearance process at the border. Companies like UPS will do this electronically even while your package is still en route and most packages are cleared virtually immediately. They do this so they can guarantee or maintain a service level for delivery time, but you obviously pay for it in the form of a brokerage fee.

Thanks! that helps a lot actually. I'm going to place an order tomorrow. Did you find it helped to call them directly and speak to a specific person or just placed an order over the interwebz?

Thanks! that helps a lot actually. I'm going to place an order tomorrow. Did you find it helped to call them directly and speak to a specific person or just placed an order over the interwebz?

I placed my order on their site but I dealt with one of their customer service reps Lindsay by email due to sizing of an item and she even priced matched a couple of items for me after the order was placed. Email is my preferred method due to my arrangements but if you have any questions, I would say go ahead and call them up. I've heard nothing but good things about their phone service. All the best with your purchase and safe riding.

I placed my order on their site but I dealt with one of their customer service reps Lindsay by email due to sizing of an item and she even priced matched a couple of items for me after the order was placed. Email is my preferred method due to my arrangements but if you have any questions, I would say go ahead and call them up. I've heard nothing but good things about their phone service. All the best with your purchase and safe riding.

Thanks gonna get some shift stuff while it's there and super cheap

They have great customer service. I order alot of stuff from them too. Ordered a Shark visor once and it had a bad fit (just a bad factory run, not Rider's Discount fault), they organised the return and kept me in the loop while I waited for a replacement and all this was just for a single small piece of kit.

I just want to add a bit of input now that I've dealt with them. Communication is very very bad. I've called and left voicemails a few times and they NEVER called back once.

I wanted to place an order for a few items, but wanted to price match from STG for one item. Before placing the order I gave them a call and reply for 4 days. Next time I noticed was that the size I wanted was no longer available for one of the items. So I went ahead and ordered without the price match item for the rest of the items. I called the day I placed the order to see if I can add another item on there (the price match item) and the person whom I spoke to transferred me to someone else. Got a voicemail and no reply yet. It's been 4 days now.

Price match wasn't much only a $10 match on a $110 item... I don't know why I'm getting such a horrible experience with them.

I recently contacted riders discount through email inquiring about a discount for purchasing a helmet, jacket, pair of gloves and pants as it was a large purchase (at least for me). A man named John replied to me the next day and gave me very decent discounts on each item!

He told me they were unable to ship the helmet (cant ship Shoei out of the states) but was still willing to give me $40 off the jacket, $15 off the pants, $10 off the gloves. He suggested an Arai and that he could give me further discounts on that too if i wanted.

Great site and even better customer service! Once my stuff arrives I will update on the approx time for delivery and the quality of the merchandise.

Note: I confirmed with him before ordering and they will ship via USPS (shipping is free too). Once the items ship he said I will get a tracking number (should ship next week).

I thought about it and decided to contact them. I sent them an e-mail via their website so I hope they reply soon.

Hi there,

I recently placed an order (no. 115602). I called the same day and wanted to add something on the order, but wanted a price match for it. I was transferred to another person where I got a voicemail and it's been 4 days with no reply yet.

Before I placed the order I called and left a voicemail asking about the price match, but no one replied. A few days later one of the items I wanted was no longer available in size and colour/size was not available on another item. I went ahead and placed the order hoping to add the item after I was able to get a price match.

I've heard a lot of great things about your customer service from my fellow riders here in the land of bacon which is why this will be my last attempt to contact you.

I hope you do contact me soon and we can rectify this/I can buy more stuff from you guys. Feel free to contact me via e-mail or directly at my number 416-xxx-xxxx.

Thank you.

Update:

Got a reply from them this morning and I liked what I saw. No BS, just straight up in the first sentence "I apologize that you have received poor customer service..." and then gave a reason for it. They seemed to be owning up to their mistakes which I like.

I'll go ahead and add the order onto it now.

Great experience with RidersDiscount here -- they had an issue with an item I ordered showing "in stock" on website, and not actually being in stock. They contacted me quickly after my order, and offered a great deal on a slight upgrade. WIN.

Have also had great experiences with the folks at NewEnough.com over the years.

My stuff arrived yesterday! It took a little bit longer due to the pants being on back order or I could have received everything last week Friday.

No mistakes in the order. Didn't even pay tax at the door. Saved over $200 not buying locally.

The pants are actually one size too big (my mistake not theirs), so I'm going to exchange them. I will post back with updates rating their "hassle free exchanges" but my guess it will be nice and easy :)

My package arrived yesterday as well. To my surprise, it was shipped with DHL as opposed to USPS (used in the past) though the charges were nearly identical. For a $210 order, I paid 13% tax as well as the $7 fee at point of delivery, totalling 252.93, far less than what I would have paid at any local store using the 'Canadian Sale Price' offered.

Job well done RidersDiscount.

My package arrived yesterday as well. To my surprise, it was shipped with DHL as opposed to USPS (used in the past) though the charges were nearly identical. For a $210 order, I paid 13% tax as well as the $7 fee at point of delivery, totalling 252.93, far less than what I would have paid at any local store using the 'Canadian Sale Price' offered.

Job well done RidersDiscount.

When I ordered, I specifically asked for USPS and they agreed :)

Back
Top Bottom