ridersdiscount | GTAMotorcycle.com

ridersdiscount

Anyone use http://www.ridersdiscount.com ? They seem to offer free shipping to Canada and great prices. Is this one of those cases that it's too good to be true?
I had a good experience with them. Got my TCX boots from them...there weren't any issues or shipping delays. The big selection's definitely a plus.

used them earlier this year for a helmet. there was a charge for shipping to Canada.. but had it shipped to a friend in the US which was free.
you ordering from the web or calling in? they post in various forums and forum prices are often better than web prices.

Same experience as UberCLK, but I had ordered a Joe Rocket for my wife and shipped to US. Fast shipping to him, no issues with product.

been thinking about ordering some cold weather gloves from them unless I find something better at the royal tent sale this week.

been thinking about ordering some cold weather gloves from them unless I find something better at the royal tent sale this week.

Yep I am waiting for the tent sale too. I really hope Royal Distributing has at lest one model of the Alpinestars Air-Flo jackets.

Have used them once or twice in the past - great customer service, and the no cost shipping is attractive (as at times it's cheaper to order from them than my usual source).

purchased a pair of a* gloves on Apr 7 this year, actually SHIPPED on Apr 12, Still has not arrived.
e-mailed them about it and said would arrive by end of May 3 dependent on customs.
Slow shipping, but customer service is good.

i would order if you don't mind waiting for a while

they ship DHL now, not UPSP. with NO tracking number. even if you e-mail them, they cannot tell you where the item is. basically it is in the dark until you get it

Last edited:
purchased a pair of a* gloves on Apr 7 this year, actually SHIPPED on Apr 12, Still has not arrived.
e-mailed them about it and said would arrive by end of May 3 dependent on customs.
Slow shipping, but customer service is good.

i would order if you don't mind waiting for a while

they ship DHL now, not UPSP. with NO tracking number. even if you e-mail them, they cannot tell you where the item is. basically it is in the dark until you get it

With DHL you might be on the line for brokerage fees. You might want to contact them and confirm this. If you are then the brokerage fees might be worth more than the item.

Ordering products from US websites will still have you paying an extra charge for duties or border taxes or whatever it is. Its always good to email the website and ask them for an estimate for how much your total will be including those extra border costs. In most cases it should be cheaper and quicker to order from a Canadian website like canadasmotorcycle.ca for example. I'm saying with past experiences with US shipped products. Was not pleased with the surprise of paying an extra $130 to UPS for my new car muffler. I learned something new that day lol.

With DHL you might be on the line for brokerage fees. You might want to contact them and confirm this. If you are then the brokerage fees might be worth more than the item.

yea i did and this was the e-mail i got

"Thank you for your inquiry. We ship to Canada with DHL Global Mail. They will deliver to customs, pay the duties on your behalf and hand the package off to Canada Post for final delivery. This is the similar to the method that USPS uses, so there is not a large brokerage fee like UPS or Fedex would add. The only difference is that there will be a C.O.D. on the final delivery to repay DHL for the taxes and duties.

"There is no difference in the amount (ship from USPS or DHL), but they are listed differently. If USPS packages are taxed in customs Canada Post lists the charges as taxes and duties. DHL shipments are still delivered by Canada Post, but the taxes and duties are listed as C.O.D."

yea i did and this was the e-mail i got

"Thank you for your inquiry. We ship to Canada with DHL Global Mail. They will deliver to customs, pay the duties on your behalf and hand the package off to Canada Post for final delivery. This is the similar to the method that USPS uses, so there is not a large brokerage fee like UPS or Fedex would add. The only difference is that there will be a C.O.D. on the final delivery to repay DHL for the taxes and duties.

"There is no difference in the amount (ship from USPS or DHL), but they are listed differently. If USPS packages are taxed in customs Canada Post lists the charges as taxes and duties. DHL shipments are still delivered by Canada Post, but the taxes and duties are listed as C.O.D."

Duties and taxes should not be an issue only brokerage fees. Duties and tax you would've paid no matter what. Good to know!

I ordered some Alpinestars gortex gloves and a hat from them. Shipping was very fast, but the hat they sent me was the wrong colour and it was for kids! I immediately sent them an email and I'm not even exaggerating, but I got a phone call from the owner about 30 mins later apologizing and wanting to fix the problem. They even offered to cover the return shipping. That was really shocking, though I am still waiting for the replacement hat...if it gets here soon, they get a big thumbs up from me.

I have saved a few grand off MSRP on all kinds of stuff, shopping with them in the past 2 yrs.

I've used Riders Discount many times; with great success.

Best part is that they ship USPS, so there is only an additional $5 brokerage fee for every delivery (regardless of size) + Tax at the door. No surprises. No additional cost.

The only differences between purchasing through a Canadian retailer and Riders discount is;

1) Save on USD to CAD conversion rate
2) You must wait for your packages to arrive to your door (which may take a while depending on customs)
3) You must pay the additional $5 brokerage fee (though in order to visit any Canadian retailer, it will more than likely cost you over $5 in fuel anyway)

^ All the above is based on my personal experience ^

After a bit of googling I found that DHL brokerage fees are 2.5% of package price or $7.00 whichever is higher. Other stories I heard about them charging $95 on a $200 package.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom