Ridding East into the sun | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ridding East into the sun

Why do you need it that quick? It changes different shades with the intensity of light. I've never carried 2 visors
Because if it's at full darkness while you're in the sun and you hit a tunnel you won't be able to see... or come out of a dark tunnel into bright sunlight. Probably not a big a concern as I seem to think it is.

Because if it's at full darkness while you're in the sun and you hit a tunnel you won't be able to see... or come out of a dark tunnel into bright sunlight. Probably not a big a concern as I seem to think it is.

How many times do you enter tunnels in Ontario? Lol.

Sent from my tablet using my paws

What a ride this morning, fog, cold ,sun and not being able to see some times.

It started when I left for work this morning, I live in Haliburton and work in Bancroft. By motorcycle 45-50 min ride. It started out with fog and cold around 0 or less. If any one has ridden in the cold you know the problem it creates with your hot breath on the inside of your shield so fog on the out side and fog on the inside, not a good combination. I love to ride so I keep going. I usually ride at about 120kmh, this one stretch comes down to 50kmh because of twisties lake on one side and shear rock cuts on the other, I usually run them between 100-120kmh depends on how I feel that day. I came out of the fog just before I got to the twistie What a surprise I got when part way through the twisties I got the full sun and could not see a thing. Even trying to follow the yellow line was almost next to impossible. My fingers are feeling a bit numb but I love to ride so I keep going. The rest of the ride was still a bit of a challange from the sun to the fog to the cold, but the twesties where a real surprise. I love to ride so I will probabley do it again.

Squeegee

Um, stupid question coming up... Have you considered not driving 100-120 in a 50 in conditions in which you can't see? I'm not a rocket surgeon or anything, just throwing in my $0.02.

th

I bought a Shoei GT-Air this year. Has a flip down visor, so you can see if leaving in the dark in the morning and then flip down the tinted part when the sun comes up. Also has a pin-lock double pane visor which has never fogged up on me and I used to get fogged every morning in the spring and fall.

If you are riding now and dealing with fog, you should be fine to open your visor all the way.
Bugs are almost non existent. Plus they don't like fog either.

If you are worried about your breath fogging up the shield, you have to control your breath until you gain some speed. Or breath out of your mouth so that it goes down and out the neck hole.

I've ridden in huge amounts of fog, with my visor open.
There is no other way.

Back
Top Bottom