Ridding East into the sun | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ridding East into the sun

squeegee

What a ride this morning, fog, cold ,sun and not being able to see some times.

It started when I left for work this morning, I live in Haliburton and work in Bancroft. By motorcycle 45-50 min ride. It started out with fog and cold around 0 or less. If any one has ridden in the cold you know the problem it creates with your hot breath on the inside of your shield so fog on the out side and fog on the inside, not a good combination. I love to ride so I keep going. I usually ride at about 120kmh, this one stretch comes down to 50kmh because of twisties lake on one side and shear rock cuts on the other, I usually run them between 100-120kmh depends on how I feel that day. I came out of the fog just before I got to the twistie What a surprise I got when part way through the twisties I got the full sun and could not see a thing. Even trying to follow the yellow line was almost next to impossible. My fingers are feeling a bit numb but I love to ride so I keep going. The rest of the ride was still a bit of a challange from the sun to the fog to the cold, but the twesties where a real surprise. I love to ride so I will probabley do it again.

Squeegee

I hope you're not covering you breath from exiting. What helmet are you using? Some come anti fog. Or get an antifog spray. I spoke to divers & apparently they spit in their masks before putting them on. I've never had to try that

Get one of these for your helmet. Best $20 you'll spend if you wanna ride in the cold(er) temps.

foggy-mask-black__large.jpg

I got mine from Topendz years ago.

get some pledge and a microfiber cloth.
spray the inside of your shield and wipe away (let it sit for a minute)
spray the outside of helmet along with shield and wipe off
this will help you greatly
when you breathe, do it from your mouth and aim down (if you are at stop lights)

if your visibility is ever hamper pull over and deal with it

All i got feom this post was that I'm jealous that you have so many great roads to ride so close by.
Sorry I couldn't help you on the fog issue but I'm sure one of the suggestions already provided should work.

I hope you're not covering you breath from exiting. What helmet are you using? Some come anti fog. Or get an antifog spray. I spoke to divers & apparently they spit in their masks before putting them on. I've never had to try that

I'm using a Shoei and thanks I will try some spit first then the anti fog

I'm using a Shoei and thanks I will try some spit first then the anti fog

I'll try the antifog first, but spit if was absolutely necessary & in the middle of a ride

Sent from my tablet using my paws

If you ride cold weather often there's no substitute for double pane visors used in snowmobiling. Breath easy and enjoy clear sailing.

If you ride cold weather often there's no substitute for double pane visors used in snowmobiling. Breath easy and enjoy clear sailing.

Or a snowmobile helmet with a heated visor :p

My Shoei TZ-R was absolutely terrible with fog, thing would fog up if you looked at it. A Respro Foggy helped a lot. If you don't want to change helmets, get one.

The Shark RSR2 and Bell RS-1 I've had since haven't had any issues with fog, no need for a Foggy.

My Bell Vortex helmet is horrible with fog at slow speeds. Basically when I drop below 50kph or so I just crack it open or just fully open the visor. At stop lights it's second nature to open it up lol ... HOWEVER I finally got that heated jacket working and it's a blessing! Now just can't wait for the Velocity heated gloves.

Pinlock visor with anti-fog insert added in, works quite well. My Schuberth is pretty air tight, and fogging was a problem, with the insert, barely a problem now, even when stopped. They have pinlock visors for many makes of helmet.

Get one of these for your helmet. Best $20 you'll spend if you wanna ride in the cold(er) temps.

foggy-mask-black__large.jpg

I got mine from Topendz years ago.

Both my Shark helmets came with this type of insert. If you crack it open slightly that will help too.

As for the sun the only quick and easy thing I can recommend is a helmet with a built in sun visor you can quickly and easily pop down. Scorpion helmets have these along with many other brands.

Both my Shark helmets came with this type of insert. If you crack it open slightly that will help too.

As for the sun the only quick and easy thing I can recommend is a helmet with a built in sun visor you can quickly and easily pop down. Scorpion helmets have these along with many other brands.

How about helmets whose visor is photochromic that changes shade with light?
Best invention ever. Wouldn't buy anything else

How about helmets whose visor is photochromic that changes shade with light?
Best invention ever. Wouldn't buy anything else

If they work quickly that sounds awesome.

All I really got out of the OPs post was that he/she "loves to ride", which is fine. I believe that most people on this forum do. But, I would like to believe that as responsible riders, no matter how much one likes to ride, if you can't see, pull over (?)

Back
Top Bottom