Racism in the GTA biking community | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racism in the GTA biking community

• Thread starter Deleted member 40275
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone I meet on a bike is my friend. Until they prove otherwise, which doesn't take too long sometimes.

Too many yahoo's out there. Just hate everyone equally regardless of race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, etc. All people suck. Until proven otherwise.

Haha the mythical motorcycle fraternity. Hasn't been like that in decades. The brotherhood existed when few individuals rode motorcycles and those who did were seen as being outside of the social norm and bikers looked helped each other out on the road. Now ever computer nerd and their aunt Betty rides a bike, it's not a big deal anymore.

Amen! Today a motorcycle is the latest gadget like an iphone.

Thing is most "riders" only stick around for a season or two.

We ride motorcycles. Motorcycles don't give a rats *** about the ethnicity of who's on the saddle, only their ability to keep the shiny side up.

Let's all be more like motorcycles.

We ride motorcycles. Motorcycles don't give a rats *** about the ethnicity of who's on the saddle, only their ability to keep the shiny side up.

Let's all be more like motorcycles.

amen brother

Haven't noticed any racism. The only beef I've noticed is the sport bikes vs Harleys at Dundas Sq

lol, depends why and most aren't Harley.
It's because there's always the same guys that roll in doing burnouts and then do another burnout at the end of the alley.

And racism? really? We're all adults here.

lol, depends why and most aren't Harley.
It's because there's always the same guys that roll in doing burnouts and then do another burnout at the end of the alley.

And racism? really? We're all adults here.

I think racism is something people look for.

Reality is some people get along and others dont. Some will like you and others dont, but some people automatically attribute it to race.

Ive ridden with people of all nationalities and never found a problem. Some people you instantly click with regardless of race and they turn out to be good friends for years to come. Others you see, say hello to and thats about it.

I think racism is something people look for.

Reality is some people get along and others dont. Some will like you and others dont, but some people automatically attribute it to race.

Ive ridden with people of all nationalities and never found a problem. Some people you instantly click with regardless of race and they turn out to be good friends for years to come. Others you see, say hello to and thats about it.

Well said

How?

Sent from my phone using my paws

The diversity in the GTA riding community is something I appreciate personally. Because of riding and this forum, I have Filipino friends, Chinese, Brazilian, Korean, Italian, Greek, Russian...anyone I missed? Oh! Turkish :) (and probably others). All is well :D

Haha the mythical motorcycle fraternity. Hasn't been like that in decades. The brotherhood existed when few individuals rode motorcycles and those who did were seen as being outside of the social norm and bikers looked helped each other out on the road. Now ever computer nerd and their aunt Betty rides a bike, it's not a big deal anymore.
Yups!! Too many motonerds these days. Just get a bike because it'll make them 'cooler'
:D

One of the reasons i have stuck with GTAM all these years,is it's diversity.All are welcome.Cruisers,sportbikes,dualsports etc etc.And global peeps as well.
I tried the BMW club many years ago,but it was kind of a cliquey sort of collection of mostly upper middle class white folks.The Goldwing (gwrra) group was similar,but a bit older collection of folks interested in exploring dairy queens and the cheapest hotels for touring.Again it was a mostly white guy thing.
Aside from the very rare racist keyboard thug,i have never had anything but a wide range of very friendly folks to associate with here.

unfortunately ive noticed this as well.... it isnt the same anymore

The diversity in the GTA riding community is something I appreciate personally. Because of riding and this forum, I have Filipino friends, Chinese, Brazilian, Korean, Italian, Greek, Russian...anyone I missed? Oh! Turkish :) (and probably others). All is well :D
Those times we spent making Asian girls crash.

My hearth is broken :-(

Last edited:
There is rampant racism between the mods, rockers and those damn cruiser riders.

Good point Wobbly! And lets not forget 'ageism'....some people I meet expect I'll be riding a cruiser, touring rig, scooter, or trike!
Honestly I like 'em all... but right now I'm smitten by a Supersport 1K that just floats my boat like nothin else!
Most of my own kids are older than the SSR guys and girls I ride with. I've not personally been exposed to any racism, sexism or ageism in the SSR group other than the good humored kind .... like the guys telling people I'm their grandpa and I bought them bikes so we'd ride together! It always cracks me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom