Quebec is hilly! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quebec is hilly!

justride

Spent about 5 days in Quebec traveling by car along both sides of the St. Lawernce River. Saw a bunch of trikes enjoying themselves.
Anyhow, the roads had lots of steep inclines/declines, twists and turns. Check your braking system and tires before you head out to Quebec.
Never knew the St. Lawerence was that wide and I barely made it a third of the way!

Spent about 5 days in Quebec traveling by car along both sides of the St. Lawernce River. Saw a bunch of trikes enjoying themselves.
Anyhow, the roads had lots of steep inclines/declines, twists and turns. Check your braking system and tires before you head out to Quebec.
Never knew the St. Lawerence was that wide and I barely made it a third of the way!
The north shore is awesome. Surprisingly, it's very twisty and hilly for the 40km or so heading into Natashquan, near the very end of the #138.

We just did 4 days around Mont Tremblant. It’s pretty but the road surfaces are very poor on the twisty roads so it was not as enjoyable as I had hoped for.

I am going to take a few extra days and tour the eastern townships of QE next.

We just did 4 days around Mont Tremblant. It’s pretty but the road surfaces are very poor on the twisty roads so it was not as enjoyable as I had hoped for.

I am going to take a few extra days and tour the eastern townships of QE next.
About 100km east of Mont Tremblant the road sufaces improve a fair bit, but yes, the area around Mont Tremblant has been horrible for over 10 years!

Parents had a cottage from 1966 - 1989 in the Laurentians near Lake MacDonald. Spouse's family had a place on Lac Desert near La Conception.

On a trip to Mont Tremblant a few years ago we spent a few days in the area driving back roads and driving by the cottages. really quite shocking how bad the roads were and how many formerly paved roads had reverted back to gravel. Local municipalities / township are broke and can barely keep the lights on.

Is this a harbinger of where we're going in ON with a distressing number of paved road surfaces being "surface treated" vs. being repaved? Doesn't bode well for spirited riding in what serves as twisties in Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom