Quality thin socks | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quality thin socks

matthew

Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

What socks are you using? I have some Driwear socks from Mark's Work Warehouse but they're probably going to fall apart sooner than later and Mark's no longer carries that brand.

Send me your footwear

Thanks

I have various ones. Mostly 100% cotton.
I don't like the one that are somewhat elastic.

Recently got 3 pairs of SAXX socks from Mark's. I like them but they are not cheap.

Father's Day is around the corner and Christmas is not too far away either .

Last edited:
I just use your typical white socks. Mine are taller more like soccer socks so my boots don't chafe my skin.
You can try these guys for more options

Curious to see recommendations here. The only "good" socks I've ever had were some hiking socks from MEC that worked very nicely for riding. Everything else was simply "good enough"

For a motorcycle, I am normally not picky. For bicycle, hiking, etc, I use better socks (ie non-cotton) from lorpen/merrell etc that make a big difference. If I am going on a long single day ride or suspect I will get wet, I use the better socks. Your feet do feel much better at the end of the day with the better socks. I'm too cheap to have them as the majority of my stock. Good socks are normally $15-30 a pair.

I'm with Sburns ... just some Costco white gym socks.

What am I missing out on? They're just socks lol.

Compression, moisture regulation, less likely to get blisters with better design (more complicated shapes made in sock and in some cases different materials and thicknesses throughout your foot). They still wear out just as fast. If I'm wearing good socks, they come off as soon as my footwear does. It doesn't take much walking around in good socks without footwear to ruin them.

At the end of a long day of walking, my feet are noticeably more tired/sore if I was wearing crap cotton socks. For an average day, I wouldn't notice the difference though.

I have a couple pairs of RST Tractech socks that I bought on a whim as part of a larger order from FC-Moto a couple years ago, and I really love them. Just long enough to extend above the tops of track boots, padding where you need it and thin where you don't, no bunching, no blisters, and nice and cool, even on hot track days.

Price is typical for RST, very reasonable for solid quality, especially when compared to the hilariously expensive Dainese equivalent:

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...yaSUdHdfdsnnGvIE5MbACq9yPvMXUGF0sPI2OCHC8VmJE

They also do a touring and ADV version, though I can't speak to them...

It doesn't matter much for street riding, but I find wool socks don't get damp as quickly (they just breathe and dry out faster, really) and are more comfortable when they are damp.

High wool content also doesn't stink like synthetics. It sounds gross if you've only ever used cotton or synthetic socks, but you can wear a single pair of wool socks for a week without any smell at all. I've been meaning to get some merino compression shirts, because my synthetic UnderArmour ones reek enough to kill small animals after an hour or two.

I tend to use wool, and sometimes ski socks in the early or late season.

Reactions: Ash
One thing that we used to use when playing football was thin white sanitary socks underneath the ankle wraps and regular socks.

I have a few pairs of thin dress socks that are my go to pairs for long distance or spirited riding:
  • One with motorcycles on them
  • Another with a checkered flag
  • Another with little pics of Black Labs
All from the dollar store.

Happy to share some pics if anyone is really interested.

I did come across 2 pairs of motorcycle specific ones called Sokz which are made out of Italy and very comfortable.
Bought them from an inmate off advrider about 10 years ago: "SOKz"........socks for Motorcyclists!!!

Last edited:
and these guys honour life time warranty ..and they are tough - had mine for decades with one replacement for free

Lately I've been wearing super thin socklets as I prefer thin socks for walking not for riding.
5pairs Plus Size Men's Thin Mesh Breathable Sweat-absorbing Comfortable Crew Socks For Summer

I like grip socks as well ....I can keep my boots off and still walk to the bike or the restaurant
Stepzz Grip Socks - Black Medium (US10+) / Black

Search on motocross socks as well. I sometimes added socks to get an order past free shipping minimum.

Last edited:
I like grip socks as well ....I can keep my boots off and still walk to the bike or the restaurant
You walk into restaurants with your boots off and nothing but grippy socks on? :ROFLMAO:

Tried buying those Darn Tough Socks online but shipping to Canada seems to be an issue and local stores (Sporting Life) have limited selection.

If anyone finds a workaround, post up.

Tried buying those Darn Tough Socks online but shipping to Canada seems to be an issue and local stores (Sporting Life) have limited selection.

If anyone finds a workaround, post up.
Try shipping via shippsy
Or maybe someone is going to the US that you could ask for a favour.

Back
Top Bottom