(Not so) hidden warning "Need to sell ASAP"

Need to sell means a lot of things.

- wife / gf / husband / bf is upset
- baby on way
- rode and got scared
- rode and not for me
- I’m broke
- bought and can’t afford insurance

All that means to me is I can lower my offer price.

Show up with trailer and cash, check bike, offer 2k and take bike home.

EDIT: assumed male selling which is wrong

It could also mean that the damage from the accident is worse than described.

OP, have you checked the GTAM classifieds? @guzzirider recently posted a CBR125R if you're still considering one.
"damage worse .."
Ya that's the first thing I thought too.

Thanks for the note re: guzzrider's bike add.

Mike

Why not just contact the person and ask vs. speculating.
I’d say it’s doubtful you ever get the full story. I’ve been fortunate to get the history of bikes before I buy. But there’s always the risk of not getting the truth depending on seller.

But overall asking can’t hurt.

Need to sell means a lot of things.

- wife / gf / husband / bf is upset
- baby on way
- rode and got scared
- rode and not for me
- I’m broke
- bought and can’t afford insurance

All that means to me is I can lower my offer price.

Show up with trailer and cash, check bike, offer 2k and take bike home.

EDIT: assumed male selling which is wrong
Don't forget the UVIP. Another reason is the bike is being hidden from repo

it’s doubtful you ever get the full story.

I could suggest that if you are face to face with the seller and you can get the seller to talk about something other than the bike such as school, job, kids, other cars/bikes…. any topic will do, you may accomplish two things.
1- their true nature will leak out. This will tell you if something is being obscured. You won’t know what it is, but it can be enough to indicate you should pass in this one
2- you can talk the price down if it’s appropriate. If it takes an hour to get the bike for $100 less than the “best price “ offered you, then you have made a clear $100 an hour, tax free.

This suggestion presumes the ability to actually talk to strangers without anxiety of course.

it’s doubtful you ever get the full story.

I could suggest that if you are face to face with the seller and you can get the seller to talk about something other than the bike such as school, job, kids, other cars/bikes…. any topic will do, you may accomplish two things.
1- their true nature will leak out. This will tell you if something is being obscured. You won’t know what it is, but it can be enough to indicate you should pass in this one
2- you can talk the price down if it’s appropriate. If it takes an hour to get the bike for $100 less than the “best price “ offered you, then you have made a clear $100 an hour, tax free.

This suggestion presumes the ability to actually talk to strangers without anxiety of course.
My manager and a client were arguing over extra discount and the manger finally gave him an extra half percent saying he took up a half hour of his day for 0.5%. The client replied "That's $250 on the $50K order. I'll take $500 an hour any day."

Back
Top Bottom