No waving on the way to Dover????? | GTAMotorcycle.com

No waving on the way to Dover?????

Low rider

Site Supporter
I've been going to Dover for many years now.
This was the first year nobody waved on the way in or the way out?

We took Hwy #6 both ways, and only got a few waves from other sport bikes near the 403.

What happened this year.

And can somebody kill thong man?

the group i rode with got waves from 4/5 bikes we passed its weird that you got none

we had a zillion riders wave to us on our route ( mainly cruisers but hey...they riders too eh?)
are ya sure you weren't givin the single finger salute?? cause....from my own experiences some peeps don't like that !!;)

I've been going to Dover for many years now.
This was the first year nobody waved on the way in or the way out?

We took Hwy #6 both ways, and only got a few waves from other sport bikes near the 403.

What happened this year.

And can somebody kill thong man?

Simple. It would be too much waving.

i think it depends where you are in line too.. on a normal day i wave to every bike i see, sport/cruiser whatever (no mopeds! lol) but somewhere like in ur way in or out of dover, where ur seeing a bike every half second.. i think id give up after a while...

Wove to everyone I saw...almost no one was waving back. It ain't a bike type thing... I think people were suffering from "waving burnout". lol

I wave to everyone who has a bike just like mine.

No, actually I had my hand off the bar more than on, once we got close to Dover.

The closer to Port Dover I got, the fewer waves I saw.

Mind you, the closer to Port Diver I got, the more it turned from bikes being the rare exception on the road to bikes becoming virtually the only thing on the road. Any thoughts of belonging to an exclusive club with a secret handshake tends to fade when everyone you're seeing is a member of that club.

There was a HA rider who waved for me to pass him... that was a first.

Yes, I agree, it usually is too much waving. But I partake willingly every time I go.

Even when my wife and I were in the back of a large group of Harley's nobody waved to nobody.

Even when we were alone, no waves.

I waved to a bunch of people, sport bikes, choppers, Harley's, no waves back.

I did not wave to the stupid sport bike guys riding with the high beams on.
Damn I hate that.
It's just rude and ignorant of the law.

I did have one guy decide to pass me just as a truck was coming the other way. I'm not sure why he wanted to get that up close and personal. He then proceeded to weave through a group of 10 riders ahead of us. Saw him later trying to get into a parking spot.

I was in heaven....nobody waving...thank freakin god.

maybe it depends on the bike you are riding. i had almost every rider wave but once close to dover there was no point. Sometimes i just nod if im working teh clutch

I was in heaven....nobody waving...thank freakin god.

ive never understood the concept myself....cannot stand it..i dont wave to anyone when im in my truck,so why is a bike different?

ive never understood the concept myself....cannot stand it..i dont wave to anyone when im in my truck,so why is a bike different?

I have decided not to wave at all any more, to be honest I'm busy riding my bike. It was a nice wave free ride to Dover.

Back
Top Bottom